Windows 10: Where to locate Windows 10’s built-in checksumming utility?

Discus and support Where to locate Windows 10’s built-in checksumming utility? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I would like to know on where to locate Windows 10’s built-in checksumming utility. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by oemSoft, Oct 22, 2019.

1. oemSoft Win User

Where to locate Windows 10’s built-in checksumming utility?

I would like to know on where to locate Windows 10’s built-in checksumming utility.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions

:)

oemSoft, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

GrooveMonitor Utility on fresh copy of windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As I understand that groove monitor utility is running as a startup process on a windows 10 computer which you have not installed.

I would suggest you to check the file location of groove monitor utility and check where is the file location it has been installed.

Follow the steps to find the file location of the particular process.

• Press Alt + Ctrl + Delete

• Open task manager

• Click on Process tab

• Right click on Groove Monitor Utility and click on file location
    Reply us back with more information. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Where to locate Windows 10’s built-in checksumming utility?

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Where to locate Windows 10’s built-in checksumming utility?

1. Where to locate Windows 10’s built-in checksumming utility? - Similar Threads - Where locate 10’s

2. where is OneDriveTemp folder located in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where is OneDriveTemp folder located in windows 10: where is OneDriveTemp folder located in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-onedrivetemp-folder-located-in-windows-10/6da31c26-d3b9-43b6-bc91-884d418fe3c2
  3. where is OneDriveTemp folder located in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is OneDriveTemp folder located in windows 10: where is OneDriveTemp folder located in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-onedrivetemp-folder-located-in-windows-10/6da31c26-d3b9-43b6-bc91-884d418fe3c2
  4. where is OneDriveTemp folder located in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 checksum list truncated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 checksum list truncated: Ever since they have been posting the checksums on this site for the Windows 10 ISO download, there little table truncates them and you can't see the complete checksum.. I have been reporting this over and over in feedback but it seems MS doesn't even fix it, kind of like...
  6. Windows 10 checksum list truncated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 checksum list truncated: Ever since they have been posting the checksums on this site for the Windows 10 ISO download, there little table truncates them and you can't see the complete checksum.. I have been reporting this over and over in feedback but it seems MS doesn't even fix it, kind of like...
  7. Windows 10 checksum list truncated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Where is ULTYPES.DCU located in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is ULTYPES.DCU located in Windows 10?: Where is ULTYPES.DCU located in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-ultypesdcu-located-in-windows-10/34f85989-4a0f-461d-8c74-0e8b9785ccbf
  9. Built-in SHA MD5 Checksum

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Built-in SHA MD5 Checksum: Is there any built-in tool to check up file checksum in Windows 10? There was a piece of software "Microsoft File Checksum Integrity Verifier" but it's too old and obsolete. There are softwares like "HashCheck" which is published under BSD licence and Microsoft has no problem...
  10. Where is the Windows Recovery Environment app(s) located?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the Windows Recovery Environment app(s) located?: I'd like to now where the Windows Recovery Environment app(s) is located. I guess it's in the EFI partition? or may it be in the motherboard firmware? Thanks in advance *Wink [img] 142359