Windows 10: Where to obtain the digital license for Window 10 upgrade?

Discus and support Where to obtain the digital license for Window 10 upgrade? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed the Windows 10 free upgrade sometime ago. Now the system asking for activation of the Windows 10. I do not have the digital license .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dr NathesanSellappan, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Where to obtain the digital license for Window 10 upgrade?

I installed the Windows 10 free upgrade sometime ago. Now the system asking for activation of the Windows 10. I do not have the digital license . Please help.

:)

Dr NathesanSellappan, Sep 4, 2018
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Sep 4, 2018
  3. digital license requirement

Hello William,

Digital license or Digital entitlement can be obtained when a Windows device has been upgraded from an old version to the latest one. If you have an old Windows 7 device that was upgraded to Windows 10, the product key will be converted to a Digital license
    which is stored on our Activation servers. Digital license activation will not prompt for a product key during installation.

Here are some scenarios that will require a Digital license activation:

• Upgrading to Windows 10 for free from an eligible device running a genuine copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
    • Buying genuine Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store and successfully activated Windows 10.
    • Buying a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store and successfully activated Windows 10.
    • Being a Windows Insider and upgrading to the newest Windows 10 Insider Preview build on an eligible device that was running an activated earlier version of Windows and Windows 10 Preview.

For more information about Digital license, kindly refer to this support article.

Hope this information helps. Let us know if you any other concerns.

Devlin Sco, Sep 4, 2018
  4. krimetal Win User

Where to obtain the digital license for Window 10 upgrade?

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Where to obtain the digital license for Window 10 upgrade?

1. Where to obtain the digital license for Window 10 upgrade? - Similar Threads - Where obtain digital

2. Where can I buy a digital windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I buy a digital windows 10 license?: Hello, I am planning to build my own computer and would like to buy a digital Windows 10 license key instead of a physical one. I cant seem to find any official websites that sell them. Is there any way I can get it? Thanks...
  3. Where can I buy a digital windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I buy a digital windows 10 license?: Hello, I am planning to build my own computer and would like to buy a digital Windows 10 license key instead of a physical one. I cant seem to find any official websites that sell them. Is there any way I can get it? Thanks...
  4. Where can I buy a digital windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. OS Upgrade with Digital License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OS Upgrade with Digital License: Hi, I'm looking for some information regarding the Digital License tied to the UEFI on a Dell Computer. My company accidentally purchased a few Dell PC's with Windows 10 Home on them 20 to be exact and we need to upgrade them to Windows 10 Pro, create a master image and then...
  6. Locating digital license to obtain a windows 10 copy for reinstallation

Locating digital license to obtain a windows 10 copy for reinstallation: So I was browsing on another browser when Microsoft Edge popped up with a "remote desktop access to windows 10 pc" search in chinese. As I don't use Edge at all and impossible for me to activate and search with only 3 mouse clicks, it leads me to conclude someone has access....
  7. Window 10 upgrade digital license?

Window 10 upgrade digital license?: Hi, I am trying to upgrade my windows 7 PC to windows 10 HOME . I have been browsing the store and I cant seem to find a software copy/license key. I only want to purchase the product key via online (I don't want to buy a hard copy and have it delivered to me). Can I...
  8. Where is my digital license?

Where is my digital license?: Trying to activate another device. Settings on my other device says it's linked to my Microsoft account. But won't tell me which one. When I log into the one I know, it doesn't tell me anything....
  9. where the heck is my digital license?

where the heck is my digital license?: why cant I activate my windows 10 upgrade that I downloaded free from microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-the-heck-is-my-digital-license/44d1ac5a-f8d3-40ea-bb4a-1bf23adc7f79
  10. Windows 10 Home Digital License upgrade.

Windows 10 Home Digital License upgrade.: So im trying to upgrade my windows 10 home edition, wich i got via the free upgrade period a couple years back. I upgraded from Windows 7. However, im aware that i now have a digital license, so everytime im trying to change my Product key to my newly bought Windows 10 pro...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where from obtain window 10 license