Windows 10: Where to purchase a Windows 10 license for a custom built PC?

Discus and support Where to purchase a Windows 10 license for a custom built PC? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay so I'm really confused. On the entire Microsoft site and store there is no mention of any method to purchase a Windows 10 license. All they offer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Qub1, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Qub1 Win User

Where to purchase a Windows 10 license for a custom built PC?

Okay so I'm really confused. On the entire Microsoft site and store there is no mention of any method to purchase a Windows 10 license. All they offer is a free upgrade. I can't do that since I built a custom PC with no prior OS. So I need to buy a license.
    Where can I find a good, legit place to purchase a Windows 10 license (and maybe USB with the ISO on it)? I'd like to purchase a Windows 10 Pro x64 license, and if possible for 3 users.

So can anyone recommend a store? I'd prefer not to wait weeks for it to arrive. I've searched already but I couldn't find anything except webshops that say they'll deliver it in 10+ days, which is too long.
    Thanks!

:)

2. Windows 10 upgrade

Any name brand new computer you buy should come preinstalled with Windows 10 already, no need to purchase a license for it. The only case you would need to purchase a license is if its a custom built computer.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Windows seems to be stuck in time with the same issues and occurances

1. Where or from whom did you purchase the "retail version" of Windows 10?

2. How have you determined that the custom-built computer hardware is fully-compatible with Windows 10 Version 1709?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 28, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Amazon has a retail version of Win10(home/pro) that will be coming out at the end of August. It's on a USB flash drive.

BunnyJ, Jul 28, 2015
  5. It appears as of today you can not buy a license.
    If you are in a rush, it seems the only option is to buy a Win 7 or 8 license and use that for upgrade to 10.
    Just be sure to get the proper version, 64bit or Home , pro or whatever.

DurkaDurkaDurka, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Qub1 Win User
    Ah okay, that's a shame. Any idea how long until there will be any licenses available? BunnyJ said something about the end of August, but nothing before that? I guess I'll have to wait then.

7. I have no clue. I get my info via Google searches.
    And it, Google, appears to not know.

DurkaDurkaDurka, Jul 28, 2015
  8. Where to purchase a Windows 10 license for a custom built PC?

DeaconFrost, Jul 28, 2015
  9. Qub1 Win User
    Yes, my observations exactly. Let's just wait until more information becomes available.

Thanks, I'm going to take a look.

10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

You COULD join the insider program and get W10 insider --there are some ESD's for 10240 around --use the tutorial to convert to ISO and then clean install. It won't activate (yet) but good for testing etc and it's FREE -- so you could use this until you get your retail license.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 28, 2015
  11. THX1138 Win User
    I don't understand. Why not just buy Win 7 for a lower price and upgrade?

THX1138, Jul 28, 2015
  12. Qub1 Win User
    Because I read somewhere that users who picked the free upgrade will get limited support, and they will not receive a key for Windows 8 and have to install 7 every time and then upgrade. I'm not sure if this is true, but I'd rather not take the chance.

13. pparks1 Win User

Or, download the 90 day enterprise eval trial. It's out, I downloaded it earlier today from the technet website. Freely available to everyone.

pparks1, Jul 28, 2015
  14. bobkn Win User
    Maybe they didn't have it when you looked earlier, but the Microsoft Store now lists a downloadable Win 10 Pro for purchase:

Windows 10 Pro: Upgrade or Purchase - Microsoft Store

This is for the USA. It may be available from your country. (Or not.)

bobkn, Jul 28, 2015
  15. Omega Win User
    That's not true, once you upgrade for the first time, your device will be registered here:
    Sign in to your Microsoft account

After that, you can use an ISO to do a clean install as much as you want without having to use any key since your device will automatically be recognized over the internet.

Omega, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Where to purchase a Windows 10 license for a custom built PC? - Similar Threads - Where purchase license

2. Custom Built PC in a Reboot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Built PC in a Reboot Loop: Hi all,I recently built this PC.Unsure if it is worth noting but the PC initially worked and had Windows installed, but when going to check the activation status of Windows, this reboot loop begun.I am now attempting to install Windows via USB onto the NVME which I had...
  3. Installing windows 10 on custom built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows 10 on custom built PC: I’m trying to install Windows 10 operating system to my custom built PC. However, when I select the 64 bit, I get stuck on a screen with a black background the blue windows logo, and the white dots make a complete circle twice before they get frozen and stop moving. Why does...
  4. Installing windows 10 on custom built PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows 10 on custom built PC: I’m trying to install Windows 10 operating system to my custom built PC. However, when I select the 64 bit, I get stuck on a screen with a black background the blue windows logo, and the white dots make a complete circle twice before they get frozen and stop moving. Why does...
  5. Installing windows 10 on custom built PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 8 license to custom built? Help.....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 8 license to custom built? Help.....: Hello i am woundering if i can take my old windows 8 laptop that i upgraded to windows 10 and use the license key for my custom built pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-8-license-to-custom-built-help/5be3279b-10bc-4c0b-8a6b-e594d9aea574
  7. Windows 10 on custom built pc not working

Windows 10 on custom built pc not working: I recently built a pc woth 2 terabytes on storage and booted it up. when I went to install windows ten after i put in the code that i bought and using the flash drive i bought and was using the next screen was saying that no drivers were found. It was tbe flashdrive i bought...
  8. Windows 10 activation on custom built pc

Windows 10 activation on custom built pc: I got a new computer and bought a windows key, when installing windows it asked for the key and now it says its not activated, so I put the key in again and it says it was already used. Please help me activate windows....
  9. Will my custom built PC be compatible with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will my custom built PC be compatible with Windows 10?: Greetings to all readers, CPU: Intel i5-3570K MB: MSI Z77A-G45 GPU: Radeon HD 7770 RAM: 16GB (can't remember brand) Monitors: 19"LG LCD and 24" BENQ RL2455 OS: Win7 Will Windows 10 make my system crash and burn like I've heard from multiple people with custom built...
  10. How do I completely reset newly purchased custom built PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I completely reset newly purchased custom built PC?: I purchased a new custom built pc and they have already installed a version of windows 10 which I don't intend to use in any cost. I know that there is an option to reset this pc in windows but it will only reinstall the same windows again, how do i reset this pc to that...