Where to purchase a Windows 10 license for a custom built PC?

Discus and support Where to purchase a Windows 10 license for a custom built PC? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay so I'm really confused. On the entire Microsoft site and store there is no mention of any method to purchase a Windows 10 license. All they offer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Qub1, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Qub1 Win User

Okay so I'm really confused. On the entire Microsoft site and store there is no mention of any method to purchase a Windows 10 license. All they offer is a free upgrade. I can't do that since I built a custom PC with no prior OS. So I need to buy a license.
    Where can I find a good, legit place to purchase a Windows 10 license (and maybe USB with the ISO on it)? I'd like to purchase a Windows 10 Pro x64 license, and if possible for 3 users.

So can anyone recommend a store? I'd prefer not to wait weeks for it to arrive. I've searched already but I couldn't find anything except webshops that say they'll deliver it in 10+ days, which is too long.
    Thanks!

:)

2. Andre Da Costa Win User

Windows 10 upgrade

Any name brand new computer you buy should come preinstalled with Windows 10 already, no need to purchase a license for it. The only case you would need to purchase a license is if its a custom built computer.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 28, 2015
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP Win User
    Windows seems to be stuck in time with the same issues and occurances

1. Where or from whom did you purchase the "retail version" of Windows 10?

2. How have you determined that the custom-built computer hardware is fully-compatible with Windows 10 Version 1709?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 28, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Amazon has a retail version of Win10(home/pro) that will be coming out at the end of August. It's on a USB flash drive.

BunnyJ, Jul 28, 2015
  5. DurkaDurkaDurka Win User
    It appears as of today you can not buy a license.
    If you are in a rush, it seems the only option is to buy a Win 7 or 8 license and use that for upgrade to 10.
    Just be sure to get the proper version, 64bit or Home , pro or whatever.

DurkaDurkaDurka, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Qub1 Win User
    Ah okay, that's a shame. Any idea how long until there will be any licenses available? BunnyJ said something about the end of August, but nothing before that? I guess I'll have to wait then.

7. DurkaDurkaDurka Win User
    I have no clue. I get my info via Google searches.
    And it, Google, appears to not know.

DurkaDurkaDurka, Jul 28, 2015
  8. DeaconFrost Win User

DeaconFrost, Jul 28, 2015
  9. Qub1 Win User
    Yes, my observations exactly. Let's just wait until more information becomes available.

Thanks, I'm going to take a look.

10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

You COULD join the insider program and get W10 insider --there are some ESD's for 10240 around --use the tutorial to convert to ISO and then clean install. It won't activate (yet) but good for testing etc and it's FREE -- so you could use this until you get your retail license.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 28, 2015
  11. THX1138 Win User
    I don't understand. Why not just buy Win 7 for a lower price and upgrade?

THX1138, Jul 28, 2015
  12. Qub1 Win User
    Because I read somewhere that users who picked the free upgrade will get limited support, and they will not receive a key for Windows 8 and have to install 7 every time and then upgrade. I'm not sure if this is true, but I'd rather not take the chance.

13. pparks1 Win User

Or, download the 90 day enterprise eval trial. It's out, I downloaded it earlier today from the technet website. Freely available to everyone.

pparks1, Jul 28, 2015
  14. bobkn Win User
    Maybe they didn't have it when you looked earlier, but the Microsoft Store now lists a downloadable Win 10 Pro for purchase:

Windows 10 Pro: Upgrade or Purchase - Microsoft Store

This is for the USA. It may be available from your country. (Or not.)

bobkn, Jul 28, 2015
  15. Omega Win User
    That's not true, once you upgrade for the first time, your device will be registered here:
    Sign in to your Microsoft account

After that, you can use an ISO to do a clean install as much as you want without having to use any key since your device will automatically be recognized over the internet.

Omega, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Where to purchase a Windows 10 license for a custom built PC? - Similar Threads - Where purchase license

2. How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10: [IMG] Booting the computer system involves loading an operating system from the various boot devices like drivers, network, and USB drives when the computer is switched on. Once the startup sequence finishes loading the operating system, the system hardware will be [...]...
  3. How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10: [ATTACH] In this post, we will see what is the bootres.dll file in the Windows 10 OS and where is it located. We will also see how to fix or replace a corrupted bootres.dll file that may prevent you from booting [...] This post How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in...
  4. My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro: I have installed a new Slingbox 500 onto my Windows Surface Pro 4, which has the 64bit Windows Pro installed. I have all the current Windows Updates, however, I can't seem to connect to my Slingbox. When I contacted Sling Media about the issue they mentioned that some else...
  5. Windows 10 login pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 login pin: How do I change and or correct my windows 10 login pin? I keep getting an error message when my PC reboots after updates have installed on my system and a reboot is required. I get the error message that the username and password are incorrect. Then I input my Microsoft...
  6. Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...: I have been trying to get an Windows 10 1803 ISO for my office for a VM Hypervisor. The Media Creation Tool 1803 is running really slow and when I lock my computer down for my work day so it can keep downloading, when I come back, the program is closed and the file is not...
  7. Windows 10 cannot update to 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 cannot update to 1803: My newly installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit cannot be updated to 1803. It finished downloading and 15% in to the installation, it fails. I uninstalled then still has no luck. I also ran the Windows update trouble-shooter tool. Thank you for your help...
  8. Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help: every time i log on windows tries to set up pin, but i don't want pin! any help would be appreciated. thanks, ~Matt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-asks-me-to-set-up-pin-every-time-i-log/e1fe6901-0fe1-40d1-a990-5460f7ba6f23"
  9. Windows 10 Build 17134.228 is now available, download offline installers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17134.228 is now available, download offline installers: Today is Patch Tuesday and Microsoft has just rolled out Windows 10 KB4343909. In case you’re planning to upgrade the PC manually, the direct download links for Windows 10 KB4343909 are also available. Windows 10 KB4343909 is available for devices running version 1803 and it...
  10. Cumulative Update KB4343909 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.228 - Aug. 14

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4343909 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.228 - Aug. 14: Release notes not available yet. Direct download links for KB4343909 MSU file from Microsoft Update Catalog: *Arrow Download KB4343909 MSU for Windows 10 v1803 32-bit (x86) - 410.1 MB *Arrow Download KB4343909 MSU for Windows 10 v1803 64-bit (x64) - 734.8 MB [img]...