Windows 10: Where to should I store game files from sites like Itch.io that come without installers?

Discus and support Where to should I store game files from sites like Itch.io that come without installers? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I like downloading indie games from Itch.io, but I don't know where to save them since they have no installers. I don't want to save them on my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BenesBenis, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Where to should I store game files from sites like Itch.io that come without installers?

I like downloading indie games from Itch.io, but I don't know where to save them since they have no installers. I don't want to save them on my desktop because my desktop is synced with OneDrive, so the game files would take up a large chunk of my 5GB OneDrive storage.

:)

BenesBenis, Apr 17, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

I can't find or install an app from Microsoft Store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried each of these, with no results. I would also like to note that on the Microsoft Store app, in my library, the game is listed, however, no option to install it is given.

TheSauce05, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Where to should I store game files from sites like Itch.io that come without installers?

I can't reinstall my previously installed games!!!

Hi Fahd,

It appears that you're having an issue installing your previous games after reinstalling Windows 10. We would like to know if it is only happening when you're installing your games or is it also happening when you're installing an app from Microsoft Store.

Meanwhile, we suggest clearing Windows Store's cache by performing these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe then hit Enter.
    • Restart your computer.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Justine Pel, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Where to should I store game files from sites like Itch.io that come without installers?

1. Where to should I store game files from sites like Itch.io that come without installers? - Similar Threads - Where should store

2. Where are the installation files of a program I bought from the App Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the installation files of a program I bought from the App Store: HiI've just paid and installed a program from the Microsoft App Store web site for the first time. When it was installed there was a 'Open' button, the program opened. All looks ok and opens from the pinned icon on the start menu.But when I go into my machine I can't find the...
  3. Where are the installation files of a program I bought from the App Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are the installation files of a program I bought from the App Store: HiI've just paid and installed a program from the Microsoft App Store web site for the first time. When it was installed there was a 'Open' button, the program opened. All looks ok and opens from the pinned icon on the start menu.But when I go into my machine I can't find the...
  4. Where are they coming from?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are they coming from?: Under my temp folder, there seem to be a lot of files named ''scoped_dir'' and then a bunch of random numbers at the back of the folder names. I also noticed that all of these ''scoped_dir'' files were being created under my temp folder at the same time, as shown below, but...
  5. Where are they coming from?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are they coming from?: Under my temp folder, there seem to be a lot of files named ''scoped_dir'' and then a bunch of random numbers at the back of the folder names. I also noticed that all of these ''scoped_dir'' files were being created under my temp folder at the same time, as shown below, but...
  6. Where are they coming from?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Where Do These Temp Files Come From?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where Do These Temp Files Come From?: Location: C>Windows>Temp I recently started seeing folders with names like tw-15c0-518-ac7fd8e in the above location. Apparently all the folders are empty. First there were a few dozen, and I deleted them 2 or 3 times (once per week). This time there were about 200. Looking...
  8. where I should install PC games?

where I should install PC games?: ok I have windows 10 pro 64bits and when I install programs such video games I got two opinions where I can install them 1) program files 2) program files (x86) where I should install my games or application programs in order to fully enjoy the full potential of those...
  9. Where are the files for games I download from microsoft store?

Where are the files for games I download from microsoft store?: I recently downloaded Grand Theft Auto San Andreas from the Microsoft store and installed it on my laptop. I want to mod it but I can't find the game files anywhere...
  10. Where should I install microphone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where should I install microphone?: I went to set up Skype on my laptop and it says "No device found" for microphone. Neither is there anything under Control Panel > Sound - it says no audio devices are installed. [img] I did a clean install recently and there is nothing missing in device manager (no...