Windows 10: where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?

Discus and support where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; at top of OneDrive I used Context menu and selected compress to zip file targeting Documents folder. Where should I look for the zip file?Using Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by needsleep2, Jan 16, 2023.

1. where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?

at top of OneDrive I used Context menu and selected compress to zip file targeting Documents folder. Where should I look for the zip file?Using Windows 11 home. Apps for business OneDrive.

:)

needsleep2, Jan 16, 2023
  2. GSquadron Win User

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Jan 16, 2023
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Zip File

'Zip' is colloquial in computer-speak for 'compressed,' so a zipped file is a compressed file.

An archive is a folder that contains compressed files.

Like Bruce says, there's nothing officially called a 'zip archive' but sometimes people use that term to mean an archive compressed with the zip method, because there are many ways to compress files.

Likewise, to un-zip is to uncompress.

BulldogXX, Jan 16, 2023
  4. HansV MVP Win User

where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?

ZIPping files

Windows can zip a file (or multiple files) without needing extra software.

• Select the files you want.
    • Right-click any one of the selected files.
    • Select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder from the context menu.
    • If you have Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, you can also click Zip on the
      Share tab of the ribbon.

HansV MVP, Jan 16, 2023
Thema:

where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?

1. where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation? - Similar Threads - where compress zip

2. Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders: How do I use Windows Explorer's search feature to find Zip folders not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-finding-zip-folders-not-the/2e838c6d-648c-4b53-99f5-82ee2259eacd
  3. Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders: How do I use Windows Explorer's search feature to find Zip folders not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-finding-zip-folders-not-the/2e838c6d-648c-4b53-99f5-82ee2259eacd
  4. where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?: at top of OneDrive I used Context menu and selected compress to zip file targeting Documents folder. Where should I look for the zip file?Using Windows 11 home. Apps for business OneDrive....
  5. zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  6. File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder: Hi, File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder is no longer working on my surface which has windows 10. Does anyone know how to correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-send-to-compressed-zipped-folder/ac0b441c-bb10-4f4e-91b9-3e0876439133
  7. Compressed zipped Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compressed zipped Folders: The popup shoes please insert the last Buddhist all the multi-volume set and click okay to continue I have tried looking online to find a solution for this problem but have not been able to I am using Microsoft Windows 10 home to pop up every time I open up Explorer this...
  8. Zipped Files

Zipped Files: I have been using an online map creation tool for my business using Microsoft Edge, when I save the file its saved as a Zipped file locally. If I share this file with someone else and they try to open to view it online via Internet explorer nothing happens why' s this...
  9. Compressing To Zip File: "File Not Found Or No Read Permission"

Compressing To Zip File: "File Not Found Or No Read Permission": Here's the situation: I have issues zipping up the contents of my wwwroot folder. I do this to back up my personal webwork (and IIS makes it nicely convenient). When I use Windows compression (preferred way, fast and simple), I get the error "File Not Found Or No Read...
  10. Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer: Hi all...Using Win10 Pro x64. I would like to disable windows showing .zip files in explorer as a folder...When you highlight it the contents inside the .zip are shown in the right pane view. I've scoured the net and found ways for Win7(which I did disable .zip folders on my...