Windows 10: Where Windows Photos App's Pictures are being Stored?

Discus and support Where Windows Photos App's Pictures are being Stored? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What folder are the photos stored in? [Original Title: Photos app]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LWS2020, Dec 1, 2019.

1. LWS2020 Win User

Where Windows Photos App's Pictures are being Stored?

What folder are the photos stored in?

[Original Title: Photos app]

:)

LWS2020, Dec 1, 2019

2. Windows 10: Photos App is not working while opening pictures.

Hi Lowana,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if photo app is corrupt or there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to checked the issue by opening pictures present in the external USB drive?
    • Have you made any changes in the photo app prior to the issue?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter and also check if you are able to access photos app through search bar.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to check if you are able to access Photos app through search bar.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then check if you are able to open the app.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with opening pictures through photos app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 1, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 1, 2019
  4. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Where Windows Photos App's Pictures are being Stored? - Similar Threads - Where Photos App's

2. Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app: Seeing that there no longer a "People" section to the Photo App, I was told to download and use the Photo Legacy app. The Legacy app does have the people function. Sometimes I like to change the pictures that display on the live tile and I could change them manually at...
  3. Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app: Seeing that there no longer a "People" section to the Photo App, I was told to download and use the Photo Legacy app. The Legacy app does have the people function. Sometimes I like to change the pictures that display on the live tile and I could change them manually at...
  4. Where are photo app images stored?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are photo app images stored?: Seems like, for me, it is difficult to find where the photo app stores images. I know there is a Pictures folder, but I often can't seem to find photos in that folder or its sub-folders. File info for photos is blank. I look at OneDrive and locally on my Surface but shouldn't...
  5. Where are photo app images stored?

Where are photo app images stored?: Seems like, for me, it is difficult to find where the photo app stores images. I know there is a Pictures folder, but I often can't seem to find photos in that folder or its sub-folders. File info for photos is blank. I look at OneDrive and locally on my Surface but shouldn't...
  6. photos app and pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  7. photos app and pictures

photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  8. Unwanted pictures in Photos (Trusted Microsoft Store App)

Unwanted pictures in Photos (Trusted Microsoft Store App): I've done extensive searching for a solution. It seems everyone that has experienced this problem has found a solution; but nothing I have tried works. My Gallery is littered with unwanted Xbox .png files, OneNote .png files, Skype .png files, Microsoft .png files, etc.... I...
  9. Windows 10 photo 3D-where are the new pictures/videos stored at?

Windows 10 photo 3D-where are the new pictures/videos stored at?: Could someone please tell me when using photos with the new 3D effects, where is that video stored and can it be used as wallpaper or a screensaver (with the 3D effect)?...
  10. Windows 10 photos found in Photos app, but not in Pictures or OneDrive folder. Where are...

Windows 10 photos found in Photos app, but not in Pictures or OneDrive folder. Where are...: Hey, so I just imported a bunch of pictures onto my computer through the Windows 10 Photos app and when I go into the Pictures folder, all of those new photos are located there. So there's no problem with the newly imported photos. Where the issue is, is with a bunch of...