Windows 10: Where'd My Files Go?

Discus and support Where'd My Files Go? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm curious. What happened to the little accessibility arrowheads in the leftmost column in Explorer? In Windows 10, you could click the little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GuyIn Wisconsin, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Where'd My Files Go?

I'm curious. What happened to the little accessibility arrowheads in the leftmost column in Explorer? In Windows 10, you could click the little arrowhead and open the main file, find the subfile you wanted, and click it. Now, with Windows 11, that accessibility is gone, except in the lower portion of the Explorer screen; hunting through those to find a specific file is a bucket of multi-click tedium.Can the arrowheads in the upper part of that column somehow be restored by the user? It'd make File Explorer in Windows 11 a WHOLE LOT MORE USER-FRIENDLY.See image below:

:)

GuyIn Wisconsin, Nov 28, 2022

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Nov 28, 2022
  3. Doug575 Win User
    Windows Explorer Issue-Duplicate D:\ after relocating files

Thank you both for the assistance! For Keith: I created 2 new folders on the D:\ drive as you instructed: Documents and Videos, then I moved the associated files/folders as you instructed into the new folders. I've attached a screenshot of what the directory in Explorer now looks like (note the duplicate D:\ drives under 'This PC'.
    Where'd My Files Go? [​IMG]

For the next step, I want to be sure that I make the correct changes in the registry (and I certainly don't want to make anything worse!). When I open the registry as you instructed, I see under Personal the current Value is D:\. Under My Video it is C:\Users\'my user initials'\Video. Are you suggesting that I rename Personal to D:\Documents, then change the value to the new 'string' that you suggested and rename My Video to D:\Videos, also inserting the new 'string' that you suggested?

Again, many, many thanks for your assistance!

Doug575, Nov 28, 2022
  4. KeithM Win User

Where'd My Files Go?

Windows Explorer Issue-Duplicate D:\ after relocating files

No, do not rename any of the values, only change their data to reflect the correct paths!

But if you did move Documents, you ahould also see the GUID-named value I mentioned earlier also pointing to D:\, and that path should be corrected as well.

I thought your original post said you had moved Videos to D: as well. If it's still on C:. you can relocate it via the Location tab of its Properties dialog.

KeithM, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

Where'd My Files Go?

1. Where'd My Files Go? - Similar Threads - Where'd Files

2. Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?: I've been using this SSD for some time now and I have over 300GB of important documents, videos, and photos I need access to but it will show me contents in any other folder. I've tried to every other way, even trying to boot from it even when it used to boot it wouldn't...
  3. Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?: I've been using this SSD for some time now and I have over 300GB of important documents, videos, and photos I need access to but it will show me contents in any other folder. I've tried to every other way, even trying to boot from it even when it used to boot it wouldn't...
  4. i cant play ts files in widows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant play ts files in widows 11: i cant play ts video files on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-play-ts-files-in-widows-11/1bb71497-40c3-4546-b752-6abe5480763c
  5. i cant play ts files in widows 11

i cant play ts files in widows 11: i cant play ts video files on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-play-ts-files-in-widows-11/1bb71497-40c3-4546-b752-6abe5480763c
  6. Where'd the search icon go after a restart ? BAD improvement...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where'd the search icon go after a restart ? BAD improvement...: 22h2 19045.3031 My corporate VPN wouldn't connect so I restarted. My Windows search icon is gone. There are no choices for search in the taskbar context menu ... you know to choose between box or icon !!! ** I ** know I can just hit Win key and start typing. This is going to...
  7. Where'd My Files Go?

Where'd My Files Go?: I'm curious. What happened to the little accessibility arrowheads in the leftmost column in Explorer? In Windows 10, you could click the little arrowhead and open the main file, find the subfile you wanted, and click it. Now, with Windows 11, that accessibility is gone,...
  8. Where'd the free software thread go?

Where'd the free software thread go?: Tried to find it but couldn't so I'll post this by itself. I know one doesn't really need third-party software to tune-up win10, but I see this occasionally on the forum: After years of development, I decided to release an all-in-one application which will include most...
  9. ..where'd my 'pending windows updates' notifications go?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ..where'd my 'pending windows updates' notifications go?: ok, three or four updates ago, I for whatever reason, stopped getting windows update notifications in the action center. I'm pretty sure I should receive notifications that I have pending updates, rather than find out as an unpleasant late night surprise before shutdown at...
  10. Where'd the old Windows games go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where'd the old Windows games go?: I'm trying to get the old games like minesweeper solitaire spider etc. can't find a download package online. Would appreciate someone helping me get them back. Thanks! 28515