Windows 10: Where'd the free software thread go?

Discus and support Where'd the free software thread go? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Tried to find it but couldn't so I'll post this by itself. I know one doesn't really need third-party software to tune-up win10, but I see this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anak, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Anak Win User

Where'd the free software thread go?

Tried to find it but couldn't so I'll post this by itself.

I know one doesn't really need third-party software to tune-up win10, but I see this occasionally on the forum:

Source: Winaero Tweaker

And because of the nag at the bottom of the reply editor my v is : 10 Home 64-bit | v1903 | Build - 18362.449, AND, I have never tried this tweaker so use it at your own risk.

I assume no responsibility for any FUBARS, service persons will know what FUBAR means.

:)

Anak, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 6, 2019
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Nov 6, 2019
  4. s1rrah Win User

ScienceMark thread (with score list)

BTW ... the scores ranking is placed in this thread via periodic new posts. sort of different than other bench threads, where the scores are usually the very first post in the thread and updates are simply always made to that first post.

as stated above, PT is the owner of the thread and he updates at minimum, once a day if not more.

you can step back through this thread to see the last scores listing ... a day or two ago.

s1rrah, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Where'd the free software thread go? - Similar Threads - Where'd free software

2. Where'd the search icon go after a restart ? BAD improvement...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where'd the search icon go after a restart ? BAD improvement...: 22h2 19045.3031 My corporate VPN wouldn't connect so I restarted. My Windows search icon is gone. There are no choices for search in the taskbar context menu ... you know to choose between box or icon !!! ** I ** know I can just hit Win key and start typing. This is going to...
  3. Where'd My Files Go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where'd My Files Go?: I'm curious. What happened to the little accessibility arrowheads in the leftmost column in Explorer? In Windows 10, you could click the little arrowhead and open the main file, find the subfile you wanted, and click it. Now, with Windows 11, that accessibility is gone,...
  4. Where'd My Files Go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where'd My Files Go?: I'm curious. What happened to the little accessibility arrowheads in the leftmost column in Explorer? In Windows 10, you could click the little arrowhead and open the main file, find the subfile you wanted, and click it. Now, with Windows 11, that accessibility is gone,...
  5. Free antivirus software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free antivirus software: What is the best free antivirus software for Windows 10? submitted by /u/RandomPupper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hboja0/free_antivirus_software/
  6. Thread Embroidery Software

Thread Embroidery Software: I keep getting a message to log in. What information do I need to log in to use this software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thread-embroidery-software/63f022c3-4060-4ebc-9e88-e72d11f673a2
  7. Free Microsoft Softwares

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Free Microsoft Softwares: Hy, I hope you all will be fine. Will you help me to find a website with free Microsoft software. Any Student Packages?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-microsoft-softwares/cd73eac1-cc6b-45b4-9670-79954123b047"
  8. Free Software

Free Software: Is there a list for free software on the website; like the one on Windows 7 forum? 120742
  9. ..where'd my 'pending windows updates' notifications go?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ..where'd my 'pending windows updates' notifications go?: ok, three or four updates ago, I for whatever reason, stopped getting windows update notifications in the action center. I'm pretty sure I should receive notifications that I have pending updates, rather than find out as an unpleasant late night surprise before shutdown at...
  10. Where'd the old Windows games go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where'd the old Windows games go?: I'm trying to get the old games like minesweeper solitaire spider etc. can't find a download package online. Would appreciate someone helping me get them back. Thanks! 28515