Windows 10: Where'd the search icon go after a restart ? BAD improvement...

Discus and support Where'd the search icon go after a restart ? BAD improvement... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; 22h2 19045.3031 My corporate VPN wouldn't connect so I restarted. My Windows search icon is gone. There are no choices for search in the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GeekgirlOtt, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Where'd the search icon go after a restart ? BAD improvement...

22h2 19045.3031
    My corporate VPN wouldn't connect so I restarted. My Windows search icon is gone. There are no choices for search in the taskbar context menu ... you know to choose between box or icon !!!
    ** I ** know I can just hit Win key and start typing. This is going to mess up most of our staff however if this is a purposeful change.

Anyone know if it's a known issue or intended "improvement" ?

submitted by /u/GeekgirlOtt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GeekgirlOtt, Jun 3, 2023
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jun 3, 2023
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Where'd the search icon go after a restart ? BAD improvement...

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

Where'd the search icon go after a restart ? BAD improvement...

1. Where'd the search icon go after a restart ? BAD improvement... - Similar Threads - Where'd search icon

2. Motherboard going bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Motherboard going bad?: I have a 200Mbps connection to my ISP. I have a specific machine that is getting only about 25 Mbps through the onboard network adapter or through the onboard wifi adapter. That machine is fully up-to-date on Windows updates and network adapter and wifi drivers. I get the...
  3. Motherboard going bad?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Motherboard going bad?: I have a 200Mbps connection to my ISP. I have a specific machine that is getting only about 25 Mbps through the onboard network adapter or through the onboard wifi adapter. That machine is fully up-to-date on Windows updates and network adapter and wifi drivers. I get the...
  4. Where'd My Files Go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where'd My Files Go?: I'm curious. What happened to the little accessibility arrowheads in the leftmost column in Explorer? In Windows 10, you could click the little arrowhead and open the main file, find the subfile you wanted, and click it. Now, with Windows 11, that accessibility is gone,...
  5. Where'd My Files Go?

Where'd My Files Go?: I'm curious. What happened to the little accessibility arrowheads in the leftmost column in Explorer? In Windows 10, you could click the little arrowhead and open the main file, find the subfile you wanted, and click it. Now, with Windows 11, that accessibility is gone,...
  6. Where'd the free software thread go?

Where'd the free software thread go?: Tried to find it but couldn't so I'll post this by itself. I know one doesn't really need third-party software to tune-up win10, but I see this occasionally on the forum: After years of development, I decided to release an all-in-one application which will include most...
  7. Improvements to Microsoft Search in Bing

in Windows 10 News
    Improvements to Microsoft Search in Bing: Recently, you may have noticed some changes to the way Microsoft Search in Bing looks. We’ve made some improvements so using Office 365, SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Search in Bing is more consistent and familiar. We’ve also redesigned work and web results to provide a...
  8. ..where'd my 'pending windows updates' notifications go?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ..where'd my 'pending windows updates' notifications go?: ok, three or four updates ago, I for whatever reason, stopped getting windows update notifications in the action center. I'm pretty sure I should receive notifications that I have pending updates, rather than find out as an unpleasant late night surprise before shutdown at...
  9. Monitor Going Bad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Going Bad?: I have an LG E2250 monitor and when I start games that use d3d the screen turns black, if I turn the monitor off, then on, the problems goes away until the next time I run a game. Everything else is working fine, no other issues, tried a variety of Nvidia drivers on my...
  10. Where'd the old Windows games go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where'd the old Windows games go?: I'm trying to get the old games like minesweeper solitaire spider etc. can't find a download package online. Would appreciate someone helping me get them back. Thanks! 28515