Windows 10: Where's my Movies & TV downloaded movie?

Discus and support Where's my Movies & TV downloaded movie? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm new to the Microsoft Movies & TV app, and I downloaded a movie to see how well it would play. Can someone please tell me where that file is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cpmusic, Jan 28, 2019.

1. cpmusic Win User

Where's my Movies & TV downloaded movie?

I'm new to the Microsoft Movies & TV app, and I downloaded a movie to see how well it would play. Can someone please tell me where that file is located? I can't find it, and I can't find anything anywhere that tells me exactly where it is. The closest I've found is a reference in a tutorial here on tenforums that says it's in my %UserProfile\Videos folder, but I can't find that folder.

Note: I'm not asking how to change the default download location, as I know that now. I know that it would have been a good idea to change that first, but that's moot. I just want to find the existing download so I can move it.

Thanks in advance.

:)

cpmusic, Jan 28, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Where's my Movies & TV downloaded movie? - Similar Threads - Where's Movies downloaded

2. Movies And TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies And TV: Hello There, Since I Have Reinstalled My Movies And TV App Whenever I Play A Video It Says "Cant Play Please try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.Error 0x800700ea I Watched The Same Video On Other Players Like...
  3. Movies and TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV: Hello, I have rented a few movies in the Microsoft Store on my PC, but I want to watch them on my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, is there any way I can watch the movies I bought on my phone? Is there a certain app I can download? I can't find the Movies and TV app...
  4. Movies & TV

Movies & TV: I have windows 10. Why are all the movies I rent EXPIRED on the same day as I rent them??? It all began on Dec. 07, 2019. The registry fix is impossibe> How do I get what I have PAID for??????...
  5. Movies and TV

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Movies and TV: Movies I've purchased through the Store lose their closed captions after I move them to my media drive (F;). Is there a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-and-tv/5074c62b-79e4-47c6-9bd6-0931c5f99d4c"
  6. movies & TV

movies & TV: When I play a movie I get the sound but the window is solid green, I can't see the video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv/451af57b-80ec-4dd0-8a40-9c47f2325f5f
  7. Where's my Movies & TV downloaded movie?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where's my Movies & TV downloaded movie?: I'm new to the Microsoft Movies & TV app, and I downloaded a movie to see how well it would play. Can someone please tell me where that file is located? I can't find it, and I can't find anything anywhere that tells me exactly where it is. The closest I've found is a...
  8. Movies and TV

in Windows 10 Support
    Movies and TV: I was reading an article and saw that Windows 10 has built-in Movie and TV APP. I have looked around but I don't see any such thing.. Presently I have HDMI cord from my PC to my TV and can watch movies from my PC to my TV using either VLC or K-lite. The issue as I see it is...
  9. Movies Tv app download.

Movies Tv app download.: I purchased a lot of movies using the app. I would like to download it so I can watch it wherever I am. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/movies-tv-app-download/a3e8bdd3-48a5-4422-ab78-d87bdfe72d9d
  10. Movie & TV

Movie & TV: Hello, Movie & Tv do not read .mov video. It works on VCL, windows media player, itunes, Quicktime, but not Movie & Tv. Do you have a solution ? Thank you 27617