Windows 10: "Where's my pen" never shows location

Discus and support "Where's my pen" never shows location in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have "Where's my device" turned on. The Surface pen shows up as a device. It shows a timestamp for when I last used the device. But it always says... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jaygourley, Sep 17, 2019.

1. "Where's my pen" never shows location

I have "Where's my device" turned on. The Surface pen shows up as a device. It shows a timestamp for when I last used the device. But it always says "location unavailable." The Surface Pro 6 on the other hand consistently shows an a recent location. Why doesn't "Where's my pen" show a location.

:)

jaygourley, Sep 17, 2019

2. Stylus pen

Hi,

It can be a compatibility issue between the pen and your tablet. We suggest that you visit the manufacturer of the Bamboo Ink pen for the list of devices that are compatible with the pen.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Support for Pen with Windows Application Driver v1.1 Preview

Source: Announcing support for Pen with Windows Application Driver v1.1 - Preview available now - Windows Developer Blog

Brink, Sep 17, 2019
  4. "Where's my pen" never shows location

PEN TOOLS NOT WORKING

Hi Deepender,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the make and model of the Pen tool and the computer?
    2. What happens when you try to write?
    3. Are you aware of any recent changes made on the device prior to this issue?
    4. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running to provide
    the details.

If you’re using the Microsoft Surface Pen, you may refer the article
    Troubleshoot Microsoft Surface Pen
    for the troubleshooting steps. The same troubleshooting steps can also be implemented for the other pens as well.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

"Where's my pen" never shows location

1. "Where's my pen" never shows location - Similar Threads - Where's pen never

2. Location... Where is my laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Location... Where is my laptop?: Where is my laptop* Changed to a question* Original title: Location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-where-is-my-laptop/356334d3-1c95-4f81-ac5e-a7cfb240de8f
  3. Location... Where is my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location... Where is my laptop?: Where is my laptop* Changed to a question* Original title: Location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-where-is-my-laptop/356334d3-1c95-4f81-ac5e-a7cfb240de8f
  4. Location... Where is my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where are the Pen settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the Pen settings?: Hi, I just purchased an HP Tilt Pen to use with my HP ENVY 17-ce1xxx laptop. While the pen has paired with the laptop successfully the buttons work and the driver is installed, I can't seem to use the pen to draw or even tap on the touchscreen, and in part, I think that's...
  6. Where are the Pen settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are the Pen settings?: Hi, I just purchased an HP Tilt Pen to use with my HP ENVY 17-ce1xxx laptop. While the pen has paired with the laptop successfully the buttons work and the driver is installed, I can't seem to use the pen to draw or even tap on the touchscreen, and in part, I think that's...
  7. my pc location is showing the wrong location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my pc location is showing the wrong location: my pc has decided that my computer is in a different city from where I am. How do I get it to recognize my location. I have already gone into settings and the default location is set correctly. However, when I go to other sites, it thinks I'm somewhere else....
  8. Where is this Icon located at?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is this Icon located at?: I know where most of Windows 10 Icons are located at, but this one I can't find. [img] I've looked everywhere, imageres.dll for a start and 9 other .dll files that have icons sets that I know of. I can't find this one. Hopefully someone might know where it's hiding at....
  9. Where are my snip & sketch SS located/where is the clipboard located?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where are my snip & sketch SS located/where is the clipboard located?: It says it was saved to the clipboard. Where then is access to the clipboard? i understand i can choose to save it yet again from this pop-up if i catch it on time, but why would i bother since it's already saved for me? tyia [ATTACH]...
  10. where are my downloaded games located?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where are my downloaded games located?: where are my games that is downloaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-downloaded-games-located/b931c05f-b4c1-476a-8558-0d821791eb93"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Surface Pen location feature :wheres my pen?