Windows 10: Where's my Start app?

Discus and support Where's my Start app? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello all. Well, still in the Win 10 learning process. Have been able to get some of my problems solve with your help. I spent most of Friday (03/29)... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Khone_727, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Khone_727 Win User

Where's my Start app?

Hello all. Well, still in the Win 10 learning process. Have been able to get some of my problems solve with your help.

I spent most of Friday (03/29) trying to get my problem with web sites and log-in info solved. Disabled my Norton security extensions so I could get Edge to save most of my log-in saved. Then saved each site to Start. So far, so good. Found another problem this morning.

I went to one of my web sites and was able to save my log-in info. I also selected Save to Start. Promoted to save and clicked Yes.

Went to my Start page, and it's not there.

Thinking I goofed-up, I went back to the site and again clicked save to Start. No prompt to save. Went back to my Start page, still not there.

Any ideas/suggestions on why it isn't on my Start page? Where, pray tell, might it be?

Thanks for any help.

:)

Khone_727, Apr 1, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Where's my Start app?

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Where's my Start app? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Where's my Start app?

1. Where's my Start app? - Similar Threads - Where's Start app

2. Where is my Amazon Shopping App?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my Amazon Shopping App?: I accidentally uninstalled my Amazon Shopping app yesterday after it was acting up, intending to reinstall it. But now it isn't in the Microsoft Store or anywhere else on my system. I ran a System Recovery for nearly 14 hours overnight and that didn't correct the problem. How...
  3. Where is my Amazon Shopping App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my Amazon Shopping App?: I accidentally uninstalled my Amazon Shopping app yesterday after it was acting up, intending to reinstall it. But now it isn't in the Microsoft Store or anywhere else on my system. I ran a System Recovery for nearly 14 hours overnight and that didn't correct the problem. How...
  4. Where to start? How to start?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where to start? How to start?: I have downloaded Visual Studio 2019. Exceptionally brilliant languages, platforms and project types but the problem is I do not know how to code completely. So from where should I start and how?...
  5. Where is My App? HEVC

Where is My App? HEVC: I bought an HEVC extension, something or other, it asks for my MS password, enter it, then asks again and says it's wrong. I mean, I bought it, what do I have to do to use it? I bought it using my home email address account so I could run it thru my PayPal w/o issue. I'm on...
  6. Where are the app files on start menu located?

Where are the app files on start menu located?: I have all these preinstalled apps on my start menu, many of which I do not know where their .exe files are located on my machine. Netflix, Evernote, Powerdirector, Paint 3D, there is no open file location when i right click on these apps, they seemed to work fine, but where...
  7. Where to Start

Where to Start: I am a very basic beginner but I am tech savvy. where would I start if I wanted to pursue windows apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-start/443815f9-89f2-4524-9fb1-c27d04568554
  8. where is my start up screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    where is my start up screen: My start up screen is hidden. How do I make it visible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-start-up-screen/bd30b41d-f1aa-4a67-a0ae-f43b3520c981
  9. where are my apps

where are my apps: Where are my apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/where-are-my-apps/17e4bcb2-8b8d-4ccb-ae62-763a840f0fce
  10. Where did my start menu go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where did my start menu go?: Hi guys! Last night my computer restarted and did some updates, and this morning I no longer have a start menu? I can right click on the task bar to get a context menu, but hitting the windows symbol, or pressing the windows key on my keyboard no longer works! Task...