Windows 10: Where's the link to chat text support?

Discus and support Where's the link to chat text support? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've had a couple of productive text chats with good tech support people, but I can't remember how the chat initiated. Anyone know where the link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by scotwllm, Jan 26, 2023.

1. scotwllm Win User

Where's the link to chat text support?

I've had a couple of productive text chats with good tech support people, but I can't remember how the chat initiated. Anyone know where the link is?Scott

:)

scotwllm, Jan 26, 2023

2. Contacting Chat Support

Technical Level : Basic

Summary

There are some issues – account and billing related - that can only be fixed by contacting the official support channels. This article will explain the easiest way to contact chat support.

Details

Community support can fix most problems except for those that are related to the account itself. For instance, you are having trouble making a payment with the card, there is not much the community could do. It is possible that the card is not accepted.
    Or the payment is stuck in limbo and no amount of adding and removing will fix the problem. Such problems are dealt with by chat support.

Even if a particular problem does not come under the purview of chat support, they do act as a starting point. If they are unable to solve the problem, they usually will manage to set you off in the right direction.

Note - There is a dedicated support department for customers with disabilities. This department also handles queries related to accessibility features on the phone by users with or without disabilities. Find out more about chatting with them
    or calling them at this
    link

Steps to contact chat support.

Step 1. Visit the site by
    clicking on this link.
    On the top right corner, you will find a ‘Sign In’. Sign in with same account you use on your phone. Note : The link will take you to the US site. Even if you are from another country, do not worry about it.

Where's the link to chat text support? c83838d5-4c6d-4f16-88a5-5825e9a416be.jpg

Step 2. Select the phone platform – windowsphone 7 or windowsphone 8. This is very important. If you are not sure about your platform, go to Settings > About on your phone. This will you give you the platform details.

Where's the link to chat text support? f5b3213b-218e-40b3-81b0-d23d699cbd79.jpg

Step 3. Under ‘Category’, select Billing + Payment (Store), from the drop down list.

Where's the link to chat text support? ece78cfc-afeb-486e-8ed0-ad9c42c92e9f.jpg

Step 4. Then select ‘Contact Us’

Where's the link to chat text support? d86109c9-e12c-4f8b-a89a-b472a1314d2f.jpg

Step 5. You should now be in the page that says ‘Chat’. Press the big blue button to start chatting with a support person. Note - It is possible that the button might show up in red colour. Every time the author of this wiki tried
    the chat support, the button is always blue.

Where's the link to chat text support? 1e5bf505-eabd-4e9f-8f8d-cadd2e782872.jpg

Jay_answers, Jan 26, 2023
  3. Chat with / Call Microsoft Support not work

Hello, thanks for your reply.

• yes
    • yes
    • Xbox Support
    • Xbox-Website >> Support >> "my Account" >> Chat with Support
    • I'm logged in

Thanks

Cyntherius, Jan 26, 2023
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

1. Where's the link to chat text support? - Similar Threads - Where's link chat

2. Phone Link Just Does Not Work With Group Text Chats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link Just Does Not Work With Group Text Chats: My machine is Windows 10 I have the most up to date version of phone link and it sends messages fine to individual people, but I have noticed when I try to message a group text that it just can't sendNo error or anything, it looks like it should have gone through, but I check...
  3. Phone Link Just Does Not Work With Group Text Chats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link Just Does Not Work With Group Text Chats: My machine is Windows 10 I have the most up to date version of phone link and it sends messages fine to individual people, but I have noticed when I try to message a group text that it just can't sendNo error or anything, it looks like it should have gone through, but I check...
  4. support chat stuck to an old chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    support chat stuck to an old chat: support chat is stuck on a previous chat, i tried to access support thru the 2 surface pros I have and my Surface Book, also thru my Microsoft account, thru the browser, and thru the Surface Pro app, always the same thing, connecting me to an old chat....
  5. support chat stuck to an old chat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    support chat stuck to an old chat: support chat is stuck on a previous chat, i tried to access support thru the 2 surface pros I have and my Surface Book, also thru my Microsoft account, thru the browser, and thru the Surface Pro app, always the same thing, connecting me to an old chat....
  6. Where's the link to chat text support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where's the link to chat text support?: I've had a couple of productive text chats with good tech support people, but I can't remember how the chat initiated. Anyone know where the link is?Scott...
  7. Where's the link to chat text support?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where's the link to chat text support?: I've had a couple of productive text chats with good tech support people, but I can't remember how the chat initiated. Anyone know where the link is?Scott...
  8. text box in support chat doesn't work

text box in support chat doesn't work: Hello, I needed to ask to a Microsoft agent how to find translations of UI strings reported at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/language/Translations?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0 but once the support chat was open the text box didn't allow me to type any text. I saw Microsoft...
  9. Is this link for a legit Microsoft support chat site?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this link for a legit Microsoft support chat site?: Hello all: I was having issues activating Windows 10 after doing a motherboard replacement. I followed a chat link I found on Google (linked below), and the guy remoted into my computer, asked to see proof of purchase of the motherboard, then asked for a few account...
  10. Has Microsoft Closed Online Chat by Text Tech Support?

Has Microsoft Closed Online Chat by Text Tech Support?: I used to be able to talk to someone via a chat thread. This was very helpful. Now the only option is to call by phone. There you have to go through 5 minutes of an incredibly slow automated service (which as always does nothing more than waste time) and then you get put...