Windows 10: Whether It Is Necessary to Clean System Registry

Discus and support Whether It Is Necessary to Clean System Registry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It is said in some source that the system can slow down after many programs have been installed and used over time. Is it necessary to clean the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BerndStrauss, Sep 9, 2018.

1. BerndStrauss Win User

Whether It Is Necessary to Clean System Registry

It is said in some source that the system can slow down after many programs have been installed and used over time. Is it necessary to clean the system registry, as creators of registry cleaning programs suggest?

:)

BerndStrauss, Sep 9, 2018
  2. newguy24 Win User

registry cleaners?cleaning PC?

hey guys what are some good registry cleaners out there? and some good cleaning programs?
    right now i have
    CClean
    Cleanup!
    Superantispyware
    Avast
    Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    Microsoft Security Essentials

get a new system would like it to stay clean, also cleaning out the old system would like the windows registry fixed...he doesn't want me to reformat *Confused Whether It Is Necessary to Clean System Registry :confused: so im doing the best in cleaning i can but i know there some registry issues....should i just reinstall windows with out deleted everything?possible?

newguy24, Sep 9, 2018
  3. TheMailMan78 Win User
    Problem with APK Registry Cleaning Engine 2002++ SR-7

Everytime I try and start APK Registry Cleaning Engine 2002++ SR-7 I get this really slow window that starts to open. The program itself says it running but it looks more like a virus or something (I know its not). I downloaded it from the download section. Any suggestions?

TheMailMan78, Sep 9, 2018
  4. AmericanPharaoh Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Whether It Is Necessary to Clean System Registry - Similar Threads - Whether Necessary Clean

2. Is it safe to clean windows registry?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it safe to clean windows registry?: Does cleaning windows registry using a third party app safe and does it really increase PC performance ? If safe, then how should we clean windows registry?...
  3. Is 1803 necessary?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is 1803 necessary?: Is it necessary to install 1803 prior to installing 1809? My PC won't install 1803 (it has 1709 installed) and I thought that I'd just download the ISO for 1809 and install that, skipping 1803. If that possible?...
  4. How to clean system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to clean system: Hi, After un-installing any software, I found that it did not remove completely. It seems to be using some location to keep old settings. I have checked registry but did not find it there. Any idea? At what location it is keeping old history? 120227
  5. Is it necessary to backup the registry?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is it necessary to backup the registry?: When I used Windows 7, I used a program called RegBak to backup the registry. You could even restore the registry with it if the system didn't boot. I also found this article, How to restore Registry from its secret backup on Windows 10, but my "secret backup" is empty. I...
  6. Registry restoration on a clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry restoration on a clean install: I recently had to do a clean install for windows 10 due to my computer deadlocking twice a day randomly. I backed up every application and even created a backup of my computer's registry in regedit before committing to a clean install. When I finished with reinstalling...
  7. Registry Cleaning

Registry Cleaning: Hello, Recently when I ran Ccleaner to chk the registry, there were many 'Application paths Issues' from the downloads folder. These download items are not anymore in the downloads folder, some download items were deleted, some others were used such as videos, music,...
  8. Are these services necessary?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these services necessary?: After the anniversary update I notice these services and was wondering if I really needed them, some are running. You can't disabled them through services and properties. UserDataSvc_43ced UnistoreSvc_43ced WpnUserService_43ced PimIndexMaintenanceSvc_43ced 62956
  9. Registry Cleaning

Registry Cleaning: Forgive me if this isn't the right thread to put this in. I have used CCleaner since Windows 7, 8, and 8.1. I am debating on installing it on Windows 10 right now but I've heard some things about Reg Cleaning. I was wondering if it really is bad to run reg cleaners and if so...
  10. Does a Windows 10, clean install, create the necessary partitions?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does a Windows 10, clean install, create the necessary partitions?: I have upgraded my Windows 8.1 system to Windows 10 through the Windows update app and have created an installation media USB stick. I want to clean install, something I am very familiar with, but not since the new uefi, gpt, legacy etc. that I'm not familiar with. If I do a...