Windows 10: Which activation key should I buy?

Discus and support Which activation key should I buy? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I'm really confused about all the windows 10 activation keys, their validity and stuff. I saw a few places selling activation keys and I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Chase_le_code, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Which activation key should I buy?

Hello,

I'm really confused about all the windows 10 activation keys, their validity and stuff. I saw a few places selling activation keys and I just need to know if I can use them to re activate windows when I upgrade my hardware (eg change motherboad, CPU). I read the MS support page regarding how to re activate windows after hardware change and it says as long as my activation is linked with my MS account I should be fine. So if I buy the activation key from online sellers will be fine?

Moderator notes : Links to piracy sites have been removed.

:)

Chase_le_code, Jan 29, 2019
  2. seek Win User

Buying a Win7 activation key?

Is there a way to just buy a Win7 Pro 64bit key off Microsoft's site? Or do I have to buy a physical copy?

All I'm trying to do is get the free upgrade to Win10 Pro 64. If I heard right you can just put the Window 7 key in when activating Win10 now.

-Thanks

3. . 'genuine' windows activation

Nothing you're showing or mentioning has anything to do with Activation. You said your Windows reports Activated. I told you how to check if there is a key embedded at factory from Lenovo which is how their laptops normally come. If there is an OEM-BIOS
    key listed then there is no doubt you have normally activated factory preinstalled Windows. If there is no OEM-BIOS key listed then we'd need to sort out how it is activated to make sure there's no Volume License Key or another illegal key used, if this
    was from a 3rd party seller for example.

No one said anything about having to buy another key. To reassure you I told you how to check if it's normally activated like a factory PC from Lenovo comes. Instead of following the steps I gave you brought up having to buy another key which no one has
    suggested. Even if it turns out this was an Amazon 3rd party seller who sold with an illegal key, I was going to help you get it made right by Amazon who always will make it right if notified within a reasonable amount of time. If you want me to help you,
    then follow the steps I gave.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Which activation key should I buy?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Which activation key should I buy?

1. Which activation key should I buy? - Similar Threads - activation key should

2. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?: I want to use this key to transfer many times in the future. So a retail product key can be used for future version of windows? like windows 11, windows 12pretend next version after 11 is 12? or I cannot?...
  3. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?: I want to use this key to transfer many times in the future. So a retail product key can be used for future version of windows? like windows 11, windows 12pretend next version after 11 is 12? or I cannot?...
  4. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Which pen I should buy that is compatible with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which pen I should buy that is compatible with my laptop?: hp ENVY x360 m Convertible 15m-cn0012d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-pen-i-should-buy-that-is-compatible-with-my/63c7fc4e-debc-4824-8542-88c58130f76d
  6. Which Brand Ram Should i buy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which Brand Ram Should i buy: Hiii please help me which brand should I buy to run fifa 18 n 19 smoothly without lag and stuttering issues... and if I add 4 GB Additional ram is fine right??? wont there be problem please help me someone My Dell Inspiron 15-3576 Laptop Specs are as follows 1. Windows...
  7. Upgraded, not activated, which product should I buy?

Upgraded, not activated, which product should I buy?: Hi People and thanks for taking the time to read and help, My problem is ... I currently live in China and I bought a Dell G7, obviously the OS was in Chinese. I couldn't change the language to English as i needed to update to pro. I didn't check to see if the product...
  8. Which Surface device should I buy?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which Surface device should I buy?: Greetings! I have been a Microsoft user for years and I have bought a Macbook a few months ago, and I have decided to give it away (to another family member) and go for a Microsoft device. The reason why is because I am taking college classes that require Windows 10 and I...
  9. Which key should I use?

Which key should I use?: Hi! I have Samsung laptop that came with preinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit). I have COA sticker on bottom of my device too. I use ProduKey to check my Windows 7 key but it doesn't match to my key on COA sticker. Furthermore I checked this key from ProduKey in...
  10. Buying a Win7 activation key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Buying a Win7 activation key?: Is there a way to just buy a Win7 Pro 64bit key off Microsoft's site? Or do I have to buy a physical copy? All I'm trying to do is get the free upgrade to Win10 Pro 64. If I heard right you can just put the Window 7 key in when activating Win10 now. -Thanks 45531