Windows 10: Which antivirus is better for Windows 10? Avast (free version) or Windows Defender?

Discus and support Which antivirus is better for Windows 10? Avast (free version) or Windows Defender? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was wondering which antiviruses would be better for my PC between these two, because I've heard many controversial answers... So I'm asking you guys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Andrew_Mendes, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Which antivirus is better for Windows 10? Avast (free version) or Windows Defender?

I was wondering which antiviruses would be better for my PC between these two, because I've heard many controversial answers...
    So I'm asking you guys which one would be better: the free version of Avast Antivirus or Windows Defender (default)

submitted by /u/Andrew_Mendes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Andrew_Mendes, Jun 30, 2020

2. avast free antivirus vs windows defender

>it's true that Avast Free Antivirus is better by a lot compare to windows defender?

As
    BulldogXX
    already mentioned: That's a matter of opinion.

Suggestion to read:

Suggestion to watch:

Jsssssssss, Jun 30, 2020
  3. RickCP Win User
    Do Avast Free Antivirus compatible with Windows 10 Pro?

That's a question for
    Avast Support
    , but see:
    Will Avast be compatible with Windows 10?

In short, ensuring that Avast is compatible with Windows 10 is quite simple. Avast version V2015 R2 and newer are already compatible with Windows 10. Users who currently have V2015 R2 or newer installed and plan to update from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10
    will automatically have Avast transferred to Windows 10 at the same time.

For users currently using older versions of Avast, it's highly recommended to update your Avast product
    prior to updating to Windows 10 to ensure an easy, hassle-free transition.

Related information to include:

-
    Compatibility report for Windows 10: FAQ

- Microsoft Windows 10 (Important notes section) Specifications page:

Many applications, files, and settings will migrate as part of the upgrade. However, some applications or settings may not migrate.-

• For antimalware applications, Windows will check to see if your antimalware subscription is current (not expired) and compatible during the upgrade.
    • If the antimalware application is compatible and current, your application will be preserved during the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • If the antimalware application is incompatible, Windows will uninstall your application while preserving your settings. After upgrade is complete, if your antimalware provider has informed Microsoft that it has made a compatible version available for your
      active subscription, Windows will notify you to install the latest version available with the settings that were set prior to upgrade.
    • If your antimalware subscription is not current (expired),
      Windows will uninstall your application and enable Windows Defender.
    Also:

• Some applications that came from your OEM may be removed prior to the upgrade.
    • For certain third party applications, the 'Get Windows 10 app' will scan for application compatibility. If there is a known issue that will prevent the upgrade, you will be notified of the list of applications with known issues. You can choose to accept
      and the applications will be removed from the system prior to the upgrade. Please be sure to copy the list before you accept the removal of the application.
    Would finally suggest not to rush into Win10 immediately. Hope this helps.

RickCP, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Which antivirus is better for Windows 10? Avast (free version) or Windows Defender?

avast free antivirus vs windows defender

it's true that Avast Free Antivirus is better by a lot compare to windows defender?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

2868678c-6db0-4133-8c61-b4a76e45c506, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Which antivirus is better for Windows 10? Avast (free version) or Windows Defender?

1. Which antivirus is better for Windows 10? Avast (free version) or Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - antivirus better Avast

2. Avast Free Antivirus Registry Delete Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Avast Free Antivirus Registry Delete Problem: Hi, I just uninstall Avast Free Antivirus. After uninstall, I found a key written 'Avast Software' in the Registry Editor. I had tried a few times to remove the key but it failed. So, can someone help to figure out a way to remove the key? Thanks....
  3. Which is the best free USB ANTIVIRUS that works along with WINDOWS DEFENDER?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which is the best free USB ANTIVIRUS that works along with WINDOWS DEFENDER?: My windows 10 version is 2004. Moreover, my windows defender updates daily. But it doesn't scan external devices such as pendrive, memory card automatically when I insert then to my pc. So, I feel necessity to have a usb antivirus that will build up a 2nd layer virus...
  4. Which is the best free USB ANTIVIRUS works along with WINDOWS DEFENDER?

Which is the best free USB ANTIVIRUS works along with WINDOWS DEFENDER?: My windows 10 version is 2004. Moreover, my windows defender updates daily. But it doesn't scan external devices such as pendrive, memory card automatically when I insert then to my pc. So, I feel necessity to have a usb antivirus that will build up a 2nd layer virus...
  5. Why was Avast Free Antivirus installed on my Windows 10 device?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why was Avast Free Antivirus installed on my Windows 10 device?: Just recognized that there is a "new tool" on my laptop. It was installed on 17th, January 2020 without my "OK". Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-was-avast-free-antivirus-installed-on-my/a3435176-469c-4fb2-9dec-1d4e2112fbb7
  6. uninstall avast free antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall avast free antivirus: I have windows 10. I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast and could not be activated. I done a search on C: and found many avast files remaining. I have used the avast removal tool...
  7. How drive "AVAST Free Antivirus"

How drive "AVAST Free Antivirus": Hello All: Somehow a software named "Avast Free Antivirus" intruded into my w10. I go to Control Panel/Programms/Uninstall to Uninstall it BUT failed!! How can I drive it out of my pc? --- Zhao...
  8. Avast fixes issues with Windows 10 version 1803 and their antivirus

in Windows 10 News
    Avast fixes issues with Windows 10 version 1803 and their antivirus: Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) isn’t free of all the bugs, and the new version of the operating system has ended up breaking machines or brought some compatibility issues. Avast recently acknowledged a compatibility issue with Windows 10 version 1803 and their...
  9. Windows Defender or Avast Free

Windows Defender or Avast Free: I currently have Avast free on Windows 10, defender is turned off. Has defender improved so I can remove 3rd party and go with defender. I am a low end user, I am on a lot but not doing anything that would be considered going to risky sites. 86333
  10. Latest version of Avast Antivirus

Latest version of Avast Antivirus: Latest Version of Avast Antivirus Released [img] Information WHQL Version: 17.7.2314 (free version) Release Date: October 4th 2017 Release Notes What's new: - New Webcam Shield stops hackers from hijacking your webcam to spy on you (Premier only) -...