Windows 10: Which Antivirus to Install

Discus and support Which Antivirus to Install in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, On my pc is installed AVG free antivirus, and now I want to replace it, one reason - it is 'heavy' on the computer, and ocasionaly it pops-up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Motim, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

Which Antivirus to Install

Hello,
    On my pc is installed AVG free antivirus, and now I want to replace it, one reason - it is 'heavy' on the computer, and ocasionaly it pops-up notifications to install additional items such as tune-ups.
    Some time ago I got answers from this forum about "Bitdefender" antivirus, and a friend told me about "Avast free" antivirus.
    So I would like your opinion about these two, which one to choose.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Ps: Avast has two installation files - offline and online.
    Thanks again

:)

Motim, Jun 3, 2017
  2. bazyeo Win User

WHICH ANTIVIRUS FOR NOKIA E5?

@psychomania

Damn Microsoft PC keeps crashing. It's driving me up the wall.

Re your last post. Point taken. Unfortunately it is sometimes difficult to get through to some people.

bazyeo, Jun 3, 2017
  3. bazyeo Win User
    WHICH ANTIVIRUS FOR NOKIA E5?

@psychomania

According to Steve Litchfield on All About Symbian, when discussing F Secure just recently he stated that anti virus software and a fire wall are not required on Nokia phones. As he knows more on this subject that I do I take his word. Why waste money buying
    something you do not need.

bazyeo, Jun 3, 2017
  4. Which Antivirus to Install

Well I Personally use Avast on most of the machines here, except the really slow one lol, but I might put it back on there

Offline install is basically the full install, Though the Online one is recommend on Avast Forum as it gets the latest updates during the install, as well as any micro update or Emergency updates. Then once the install is finished I myself normally reboot system, then configure system and such, Activate it, and that's basically it

Longtime Avast user since 2006 myself

AMDMan2016, Jun 4, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would not install either one of them.

NavyLCDR, Jun 4, 2017
  6. I Did briefly Try Defender, but I Guess I'm too used to Avast, so I always end up reinstalling it myself. Maybe not so smart decision, but guess it's me lol

AMDMan2016, Jun 4, 2017
  7. If you are looking for a light AV, try Avast in Minimal Mode, Bitdefender, Panda or 360 TSE.

You should try each for a few days to see, if it runs well or it it causes any problems.

TairikuOkami, Jun 4, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

I used to use Avast but lately its becoming too invasive and bulky. I now use Malwarebytes and Defender.

swarfega, Jun 4, 2017
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    *Ditto plus SuperAntiSpyware free. (it likes cookies! *Smile)

f14tomcat, Jun 4, 2017
  10. If you turn on gaming mode in Avast, you will not get any popups/ADs.

My recommended setup:

Enable PUP, Hardened & Silent Mode / Set popups to 1 sec
    Disable Cyber Capture & Reputation Services & Sharing Personal Info

TairikuOkami, Jun 4, 2017
  11. swarfega Win User
    Indeed! Forgot that one.

swarfega, Jun 4, 2017
  12. Leechap Win User
    Seems that this entire company is predatory and makes it impossible to cancel auto-subscriptions.This practice is illegal in the USA and I am in the processing of reporting this company to the proper authorities.I will also be reporting them to AARP so that they can alert their millions of members about this company and avoid doing business with them.If they had a quality product they would actually allow trials to test drive the product without a credit card.

BEWARE OF AVAST - Once they get your credit card info they make it IMPOSSIBLE to cancel auto-rebilling!They also ignore your email inquiries so that they can steal money from you with unauthorized billing even after being contacted.

You have been warned and so will as many others as I can inform about this fraudulent business!

Leechap, Jun 5, 2017
  13. Which Antivirus to Install

Ohh Ohhh, I never bought the paid version of Avast, but that is good to know in case I ever decided to

AMDMan2016, Jun 5, 2017
  14. I has no problem canceling mine this past Jan.

Josey Wales, Jun 5, 2017
  15. Leechap Win User
    Good for you.

I did not have the same experience and I am warning others about that so they can avoid this headache.

Leechap, Jun 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Which Antivirus to Install - Similar Threads - Antivirus Install

2. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  3. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  4. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  5. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  6. The screen that the antivirus had installed turned into a cow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The screen that the antivirus had installed turned into a cow: The screen that the antivirus had installed turned into a cow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-screen-that-the-antivirus-had-installed-turned/6457490b-a2d0-42a1-a84a-be5d7ee81ee1
  7. The screen that the antivirus had installed turned into a cow

The screen that the antivirus had installed turned into a cow: The screen that the antivirus had installed turned into a cow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-screen-that-the-antivirus-had-installed-turned/6457490b-a2d0-42a1-a84a-be5d7ee81ee1
  8. How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...: I want to switch from the pre-installed McAfee Antivirus to the WDA. For that I have uninstalled the McAfee antivirus from the device. But after that when I am trying to open the Virus protection settings in the windows defender software, this is the message I am getting:I...
  9. How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...

How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...: I want to switch from the pre-installed McAfee Antivirus to the WDA. For that I have uninstalled the McAfee antivirus from the device. But after that when I am trying to open the Virus protection settings in the windows defender software, this is the message I am getting:I...
  10. I have installed some game from oceantogames now i see a pop up from my antivirus saying...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have installed some game from oceantogames now i see a pop up from my antivirus saying...: HELP ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-installed-some-game-from-oceantogames-now-i/2c961e31-d094-4904-b715-21cf391e69ec