Windows 10: Which app/services creates this log?

Discus and support Which app/services creates this log? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Windows 10 Home v2004 In this case was V0100004.log but these log files are like roaches. Which service is creating them? Any way to kill... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by camelia, Sep 14, 2020.

1. camelia Win User

Which app/services creates this log?

Hello

Windows 10 Home v2004

In this case was V0100004.log but these log files are like roaches.

Which service is creating them?
    Any way to kill them?

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\VXXXXXX.log

Thanks

:)

camelia, Sep 14, 2020

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Which app/services creates this log?

New TechPowerUp Forums, Early Access

So far I like it with just a few issues, and they are minor.

• The name of the person who created the thread and the date is really lite and hard to read for me.
    • When you are logged in the thread titles are in bold and look great, but when you are logged out they are normal, and very hard to read. We have a lot of users that come, and do not login. So, I suggest changing it to where everything is bold if you are not logged in.
      • logged in

Which app/services creates this log? NewForum.jpg

• Logged out

Which app/services creates this log? Logout.jpg

Mindweaver, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Which app/services creates this log?

1. Which app/services creates this log? - Similar Threads - app services creates

2. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?: I wanted to stop unwanted services from my task manager but want to know that which service is used by which app because I don't want to end a service which is important or I want that service....
  3. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?: I wanted to stop unwanted services from my task manager but want to know that which service is used by which app because I don't want to end a service which is important or I want that service....
  4. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows is logging me out of all apps and services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows is logging me out of all apps and services: I'm having this issue windows is logging me out of all the apps like ms teams vs code all other things and the mail app says it needs to be reconfigured everytime I turn on my laptop I am using a Lenovo legion 15imh05...
  6. Windows event log service endlessly creates files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows event log service endlessly creates files: So i turned my pc on today, as it loaded it said that its finishing setup of some update. I ran discord (i rarely use it so its not set on auto-start), checked it and ran red dead redemption 2 and started playing. Then, as i was playing, i foolishly alt+tabbed to check...
  7. Is there a way to find out which program created which files in folders like app data or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to find out which program created which files in folders like app data or...: Sometimes the folder labels don’t match with any known program so I’m unsure if it’s leftovers from an uninstalled program or actually used submitted by /u/Bombzopple [link] [comments]...
  8. Is there a service which logs what i type, and if so, where i can find the log file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a service which logs what i type, and if so, where i can find the log file?: Hello. I Just types somethin important which got lost. I didnt save it in any wasy. I was just wondering, do windows save the keyboard input? I know such job is done by trojans, to get access code keyloggers, but i wonder if i can find a log generated by windows, in order...
  9. Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed: System is functioning fine, however this error continually logs in the app log. Trying all kinds of fixes everywhere and hoping the Win10 forum group can help out as you guys are probably the best source anywhere for troubleshooting/fixes for Win10. Code: Log Name:...
  10. Create Service SC.EXE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create Service SC.EXE: Hi, how are you? I need create a service with sc.exe o any program because i need start up a program when the computer is power on. (not a sesion) I try this with task Scheadul but... does´t work. The problem never startup. Any can help me ?*Biggrin 58384