Windows 10: which applications can i allow on my computer?

Discus and support which applications can i allow on my computer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how do I know which applications to allow on my computer? Example c:\windows\system32\wermgr.exe wants to load do I let it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BFK68, Feb 7, 2019.

1. BFK68 Win User

which applications can i allow on my computer?

how do I know which applications to allow on my computer? Example c:\windows\system32\wermgr.exe wants to load do I let it?

:)

BFK68, Feb 7, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 7, 2019
  4. which applications can i allow on my computer?

Not able to install exe file created in WINDEV application

Since you mentioned that the application worked in a previous version of Windows, we would like to clarify if you attempted to install the application using compatibility mode as was suggested in the previous post? The reason we need to verify if you have
    completed the steps provided is because compatibility mode allows older programs to work in a more recent version of Windows. Also we need the answers to the following questions below:

• Were there any newer versions of the application you're attempting to install that is made for windows 10?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed in the computer?

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

which applications can i allow on my computer?

1. which applications can i allow on my computer? - Similar Threads - applications allow computer

2. Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?: SrTasks.exe just started popping up on my windows defender like yesterday at night and carries on today every 5-40 minutes. I'm not sure if I should allow it on my computer or leave it blocked....
  3. Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?: SrTasks.exe just started popping up on my windows defender like yesterday at night and carries on today every 5-40 minutes. I'm not sure if I should allow it on my computer or leave it blocked....
  4. Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I resolve the issue in which the system isn't allowing me to uninstall an application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve the issue in which the system isn't allowing me to uninstall an application?: I downloaded this application that allows any other device you own to become a second monitor. It's called SuperDisplay. And the day I downloaded it, it was working perfectly. But the next day when I try to open it, it says, And when I try to delete the application, it...
  6. How do I resolve the issue in which the system isn't allowing me to uninstall an application?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I resolve the issue in which the system isn't allowing me to uninstall an application?: I downloaded this application that allows any other device you own to become a second monitor. It's called SuperDisplay. And the day I downloaded it, it was working perfectly. But the next day when I try to open it, it says, And when I try to delete the application, it...
  7. which computer is which?

in Windows 10 Customization
    which computer is which?: k75fgin and 6gaecna- one refers to my laptop and one refers to my desktop. Both Windows 10. If I scan a document, my printer asks which one to send the document to. How can I tell which is which?...
  8. which computer is which?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which computer is which?: k75fgin and 6gaecna- one refers to my laptop and one refers to my desktop. Both Windows 10. If I scan a document, my printer asks which one to send the document to. How can I tell which is which?...
  9. Which games allow crossplay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which games allow crossplay?: I have a Xbox one and a pc with gamepass ultimate. Some games like Minecraft and ark survival i can crossplay between Xbox and pc; but other games like dead by daylight windows version my Xbox profile can be in the same party with my profile signed into my pc but my pc wont...
  10. Play audio on all connected devices simultaneously and control which application is allowed...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Play audio on all connected devices simultaneously and control which application is allowed...: I'd like to be able to play my audio on all connected devices simultaneously. Now when you connect multiple devices, you'll have to choose which device you want the audio played on. And when you choose a device, you choose it for all audio played on the computer. For...