Windows 10: Which boot drives do I need?

Discus and support Which boot drives do I need? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Windows 11 Home on a HP laptop. I am confused as to which recovery files I need on a usb thumb drive in case of computer crash. There's several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by McMalcolm, May 21, 2024.

1. McMalcolm Win User

Which boot drives do I need?

I have Windows 11 Home on a HP laptop. I am confused as to which recovery files I need on a usb thumb drive in case of computer crash. There's several options, do I need them all?1. I see this instruction for creating a windows bootable drive from an ISO file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-official-windows-11-iso-files-and/09be322d-fba0-4560-88dc-71dcf707f18d2. Is the above the same thing as "Windows Installation media"? Because the advice I found says to create two drives, one for "installation media" and one for "ISO files" https://www.youtube.com

:)

McMalcolm, May 21, 2024
  2. btarunr Win User

Can't boot from DVD drive

Is your controller in RAID/AHCI modes? If so, the DVD drive will be listed as a separate device in the list of available boot devices, not as "CDROM". Remember that when setting boot device priority. Otherwise, read the manual to see which hotkey during POST brings up the boot menu that lets you select which device to boot from. Even here, the drive will be listed separately, and not as "CDROM".

btarunr, May 21, 2024
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 21, 2024
  4. Which boot drives do I need?

little cat, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Which boot drives do I need?

1. Which boot drives do I need? - Similar Threads - boot drives need

2. Which boot drives do I need?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which boot drives do I need?: I have Windows 11 Home on a HP laptop. I am confused as to which recovery files I need on a usb thumb drive in case of computer crash. There's several options, do I need them all?1. I see this instruction for creating a windows bootable drive from an ISO file....
  3. How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?

How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?: I have an MSI Z87 G65 Mobo with an Intel i5 4 core CPU with three storage drives. My C drive is on a 300G Intel ssd and my other 2 are a 1T and a 2T Toshiba hhd. While doing my initial setup I left my 1T drive unable to be utilized due to me not populating/allocating? it. I...
  4. Which version do I need?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which version do I need?: Hi all, Building a new PC, and PCPartpicker is showing me 2 different versions of Win10 Home 64bit. What is the difference between part# kw9-00139 vs kw9-00140 ?? One is $70 more expensive than the other? Of course if you can point me to a cheaper source... Thanks...
  5. Do I need one drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I need one drive?: Do I need one drive? Can I just uninstall it? It keeps saying I don't have enough space. Don't want to buy more space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-one-drive/fbc3cef6-ddcc-4859-9b8f-f2489d5af090"
  6. which drive do i format or delete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    which drive do i format or delete: i'm now on the latest windows 10 version 1903 , but i'm some issues (tdr failure and video scheduler internal dsods) , and i literally tried everything except installing windows again , but i want to install version 1703 , i downloaded the ISO file , and my usb is ready , i...
  7. Which of these C++ runtimes do I need?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which of these C++ runtimes do I need?: On March 1st of this year, I reset my PC. When I checked the list of programs for the C++ redistributables I needed, I found 2017 visual c++ 14.13 was the only one. I recently installed a trial of Creative Cloud, and after cancelling it noticed that not only was the original...
  8. Which iTunes components do I REALLY need?

Which iTunes components do I REALLY need?: I did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 not long ago & want to reinstall iTunes. But 1st, I'd like to know which components I REALLY need? What I mean is that when running the iTunes setup program, it unpacks 5 Windows Installer packages: AppleApplicationSupport64.msi...
  9. I lost the startup blue screen which shows which drive I want to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    I lost the startup blue screen which shows which drive I want to boot: @essenbe: I finally got the opportunity to perform a clean install!!! I recently used EasyBCD 2.3 to change the order in which I prioritize which OS I want to default to in a dual-boot setup. The screen used to be a light blue with large rectangles (typical Windows 10) which...
  10. Which Drive is Which?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which Drive is Which?: I am trying to test a drive with seatools - and anything else available, such as inbuilt disk checking - but I can't figure out which drive is which. I can right click in explorer and select properties only to get a list of all drives on the system - and always in the same...