Windows 10: which browser should i be using

Discus and support which browser should i be using in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Norton tells me to use internet exployer but should my default be Microsoft edge. when I use the search at the bottom I get bing. with internet... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by carol w, Aug 26, 2015.

1. carol w Win User

which browser should i be using

Norton tells me to use internet exployer but should my default be Microsoft edge. when I use the search at the bottom I get bing. with internet exployer I have my view etc....so mixed up. thanks carol

:)

carol w, Aug 26, 2015

2. Which antivirus should I use?

It depends on the person and selecting Anti-Virus is very subjective, some people love Norton, some others not . If you are using Windows 7, you could install Microsoft Security Essentials and use it, if you have Windows 10, Windows Defender is build in
    which protect you against all malware (it is successor of Microsoft Security Essentials). Norton also released a Anti-Virus software which is compatible for Windows 10.

It is totally up to you, you may continue use Norton or switch to Windows Defender in Windows 10. You could use the one which you are more comfortable with.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Aug 26, 2015
  3. chnajesa Win User
    Which antivirus should I use?

I am so confused my ISP Comcast gives their customers Norton security suite for free. I keep reading that windows defender is just fine for protecting my system. I am now really confused because I have also been told by a service rep at Microsoft that Microsoft
    essentials is what I need. So can someone please just tell me what is the BEST option for Windows 10. My previous OS was Windows 7 service pack 3 and I used Norton security suite but to be honest it seemed that literally every 5 minutes Norton was protecting
    my computer from "unauthorized file open" All I want to know is what is the best product I don't care if it's free I just want the best defense against ALL threats. I also would love some advise on how to check if both windows defender and Microsoft essentials
    are both on my computer. Thank you in advance to all who give this middle aged not the best computer savy lady some well needed advise. Thanks again

[Original Title: virus protection]

chnajesa, Aug 26, 2015
  4. carol w Win User

I must have asked a stupid question as no one answered me back carol

carol w, Aug 27, 2015
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    Who is Norton? Stupid question, I suppose.

My Norton360 and its sibling, Norton Internet Security, do not and have never dictated what browser I should use.

You use what you like to use. If you are new to the scene, then you have to learn through experience which browser you like to use.

pyramid10, Aug 27, 2015
  6. carol w Win User
    yes it was Norton 360 who said it works better with IE. It was a pop up. I like IE but thought if
    I didn't use it then I wouldn't be using windows 10. I understand better now and
    thank you for taking the time to help me. carol I am 75 lol

carol w, Aug 27, 2015
  7. Rocky Win User
    Try Mozilla Firefox, you might like it.

Rocky, Aug 27, 2015
  8. which browser should i be using

It'd NOT a stupid question, and my answer is, use what works best for you.

Personally, I found Edge to be a disaster and switched to using IE11 -- which always worked well for me. When Edge matures a lot more, I might switch back to using it.

I also use Waterfox, the 64-bit version of Firefox, as my default browser. But then Cyberfox is a good alternative.

Use what you like -- that's the value of choice.

Mark Phelps, Aug 28, 2015
  9. Dch48 Win User
    I'm also sticking with IE 11 because I feel that Edge, while promising, is not yet ready for prime time.

Dch48, Aug 28, 2015
  10. caperjack Win User
    im sticking with ie too for now,,carol go to control panel and defaults and make sure IE is set to default ,this should stop Edge from butting in if it is doing so ,,and i also would just ignore Norton 360 complaint

caperjack, Aug 29, 2015
  11. Dch48 Win User
    All the modern browsers are very secure. In fact, if you just go by their default, out of the box, settings with no addons installed, IE is very likely the most secure of all. Firefox needs a few addons to reach the same level and is probably the least secure out of the box. Chrome is locked down pretty tight by default but has some privacy issues that bother some people.

In short, the best browser to use is the one that you like the best.

Dch48, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. which browser should i be using - Similar Threads - browser should using

2. Which ZIP utilities are should I be using which is Windows based?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which ZIP utilities are should I be using which is Windows based?: I believe I understand Zip Files reason and makeup, but I seem to have several options to choose from.I am particularly interested in a MS Windows solution - since when I download files from OneDrive, the OneDrive utility "Zips" the files before downloading to my PC showing...
  3. Which ZIP utilities are should I be using which is Windows based?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which ZIP utilities are should I be using which is Windows based?: I believe I understand Zip Files reason and makeup, but I seem to have several options to choose from.I am particularly interested in a MS Windows solution - since when I download files from OneDrive, the OneDrive utility "Zips" the files before downloading to my PC showing...
  4. Which ZIP utilities are should I be using which is Windows based?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Which version of windows should i use on mac

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which version of windows should i use on mac: I have a mac and want to install windows on it in either a vm virtualbox or with boot camp. I will be running only 1 instance of windows. 1. Which version of windows should i use? Retail/OEM? 2. If i get a new mac and no longer use the old one, can i use the same windows...
  6. Which file should I use to start this installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which file should I use to start this installation?: So far I've spent 3 days with various MS technicians (4 technicians and 4 Case Nos). Each in his own way has left me stranded ... this after the procedure to contact MS and then wait on phone for over an hour just to reach the technician. Then the hours spend sitting here...
  7. Which windows 10 should I use in this specs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which windows 10 should I use in this specs?: I am using windows 7 (64 bit) in an old desktop PC. My specs are- g31 motherboard 2.00 GHz Dual core processor (about 8 years old) 3GB DDR2 RAM Can I use windows 10 (64 bit) comfortably? or should I install 32 bit? or which windows should I use? please help!!...
  8. Which virus protector should i use,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which virus protector should i use,: Hello. I presently use Kaspersky total security and in about 35 days it will automatically renew, Now for some time I've wondered how safe I am with this product as it originated from Russia / Eastern Block areas. Now if it had come from anywhere else I'd be happy. I've not...
  9. Which key should I use?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which key should I use?: Hi! I have Samsung laptop that came with preinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit). I have COA sticker on bottom of my device too. I use ProduKey to check my Windows 7 key but it doesn't match to my key on COA sticker. Furthermore I checked this key from ProduKey in...
  10. Which one of these apps are useful and i should not remove?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which one of these apps are useful and i should not remove?: Hello guys. I am preparing a windows 10 ISO by using MSMG ToolKit v7.1​ I havent used windows 10 yet so i dont know some of these apps and what they do Here what i am planning and my questions. Do you think i should chance any of the below decisions? [A] Microsoft...