Windows 10: Which build of windows to use for clean install?

Discus and support Which build of windows to use for clean install? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a desktop pc with Windows 10. In June of 2017 I experienced problem where it would proceed through bootup but never get to start. I quit using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HankFischer, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Which build of windows to use for clean install?

I have a desktop pc with Windows 10. In June of 2017 I experienced problem where it would proceed through bootup but never get to start. I quit using it and switched to a laptop. I have decided to do a clean install of windows 10 on the Desktop PC. My question is may I do the install with the current 1803 or do I have to match the version on board?

:)

HankFischer, Sep 27, 2018

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 27, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Wile E Win User

Which build of windows to use for clean install?

Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/02/28/perform-a-clean-install-with-a-vista-upgrade-disc

Wile E, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Which build of windows to use for clean install?

1. Which build of windows to use for clean install? - Similar Threads - build clean install

2. Windows 11 clean install,which partitions to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean install,which partitions to delete: Hi I want to install windows on drive 1. Do I delete all drive 0 partitions and then install on drive 1 or do I delete all drive 0 and drive 1? Many thanks...
  3. Windows 11 clean install,which partitions to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 clean install,which partitions to delete: Hi I want to install windows on drive 1. Do I delete all drive 0 partitions and then install on drive 1 or do I delete all drive 0 and drive 1? Many thanks...
  4. Windows 11 installs as a Dev build on clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 installs as a Dev build on clean install: I run a PC repair business in Queensland, Australia and we have been noticing something very strange happening lately.A customer bought back their PC after having windows 11 re-installed by our shop, as they could not get the task bar to show on multiple monitors and a few...
  5. Windows 11 installs as a Dev build on clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 installs as a Dev build on clean install: I run a PC repair business in Queensland, Australia and we have been noticing something very strange happening lately.A customer bought back their PC after having windows 11 re-installed by out shop as they could not get the task bar to show on multiple monitors.After further...
  6. Which Windows 10 version should I use for Clean Install ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which Windows 10 version should I use for Clean Install ?: I am fed up with my computer's performance decreasing as new updates are installed. So I plan to do a clean install. Which build version of Windows 10 should I use? submitted by /u/AERegeneratel38 [link] [comments]...
  7. Can I Perform a clean install using a different OS build?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I Perform a clean install using a different OS build?: Like clean install from OS build 17xxx with a build 18xxx I lost my installation media after moving up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/can-i-perform-a-clean-install-using-a-different-os/85e9f7a4-7bb8-4b41-8490-5fb440b18977
  8. Which is better, upgrade or clean install?

Which is better, upgrade or clean install?: I am use to having one version installed and then updating it. Then when a new version comes a long I uninstall the old version completely and then install the newer one and then bring in my settings or adjust them like Firefox, Avast, etc. I am on Win 10 1511 and never...
  9. Which product key is needed for clean install of windows

Which product key is needed for clean install of windows: Hello, I'm in the process of backing up data and product keys for a fresh install of Windows. Upon digging on google for how to find your windows product key, I found several ways to find it. My HP has a COA sticker with a Windows 7 product key. I also used Produkey, which...
  10. which partition to place clean install on

which partition to place clean install on: I am doing a clean install via a thumb drive being i am unable to get to safe mode or any windows screen on my desk top, so used my laptop to download from MS the win 10 install I am getting asked which partition to select.. ? Also if i select the wrong one if there is...