Windows 10: Which chipset installation shall I use?

Discus and support Which chipset installation shall I use? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. Just a quick question about my chipset. On my motherboard's manufacturer's website (GIGABYTE), there is an Intel INF Installation Version 10.1.1.8.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Illuminati Izzy, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Which chipset installation shall I use?

Hi. Just a quick question about my chipset. On my motherboard's manufacturer's website (GIGABYTE), there is an Intel INF Installation Version 10.1.1.8. However, I on Intel's website, the latest version of the Intel INF Installation Utility is 10.1.1.14.
    Would it be wiser to use the latest version, or is the older one fine-tuned for my motherboard? The same question goes for the Intel MEI (Management Engine Interface) + do I even need the MEI at all?

:)

Illuminati Izzy, Aug 27, 2016

2. Consistent bluescreen crashes

Not had much time to try it.

Didnt fail on friday after a chipset upgrade. Will be running it for a while tomorrow so shall report back.

Im Going Space, Aug 27, 2016
  3. Which app shall I download to lock apps ?

Hi Jai,

I would like to inform you that there is no official app by Microsoft to lock apps in Lumia phones.

I would suggest you download similar apps from Windows store and check if it helps.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, can cause serious problems that may prevent your phone from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved.
    Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Aug 27, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Which chipset installation shall I use?

Are either of those for the model number of your motherboard? Intel made the CPU and chipset but Gigabyte implemented them and the software to run them. If the computer is otherwise running fine I don't mess with that. Or maybe there is a feature available that wasn't when the motherboard was assembled that you could use? As for the MEI it may depend upon what Win10 will work with.

Berton, Aug 27, 2016
  5. I looked on my motherboard's drivers for Windows 10 64-bit and found Intel INF Installation 10.1.1.8 and Intel MEI 11.0.0.1158. And what sort of feature are you talking about?

Illuminati Izzy, Aug 27, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    Most times the manual for a motherboard or on the maker's Website there will be a description of features available. My comment concerned whether the manufacturer found ways to implement features not available to the publishers of the Operating System at the time and make them available later. Only the User can determine if there's something better they can use.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Which chipset installation shall I use?

1. Which chipset installation shall I use? - Similar Threads - chipset installation shall

2. Could you help me which part shall I fix first. Could you help me which part shall I fix first.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could you help me which part shall I fix first. Could you help me which part shall I fix first.: I have two problems, unreadable fonts and PC monitor keep blinking, at the same time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-you-help-me-which-part-shall-i-fix-first/bd11cf5c-645c-4ccb-98b9-04aec23b5271
  3. Could you help me which part shall I fix first. Could you help me which part shall I fix first.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could you help me which part shall I fix first. Could you help me which part shall I fix first.: I have two problems, unreadable fonts and PC monitor keep blinking, at the same time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-you-help-me-which-part-shall-i-fix-first/bd11cf5c-645c-4ccb-98b9-04aec23b5271
  4. Shall I use DBAN to wipe computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shall I use DBAN to wipe computer?: Should I use DBAN to wipe my computer completely?[Original Title: DBAN] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shall-i-use-dban-to-wipe-computer/d02270aa-07c0-468c-be5a-1f6568b04b0c
  5. Shall I use DBAN to wipe computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shall I use DBAN to wipe computer?: Should I use DBAN to wipe my computer completely?[Original Title: DBAN] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shall-i-use-dban-to-wipe-computer/d02270aa-07c0-468c-be5a-1f6568b04b0c
  6. Shall I use DBAN to wipe computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?: I was wondering - in case I need to do a clean install - whether to use motherboard drivers from the motherboard manufacturer or just use the ones that comes with windows 10. Last time i built a PC was in the early days of Win 7 and i used motherboard drivers provided by the...
  8. Which version of Intel Chipset is installed?

Which version of Intel Chipset is installed?: I am running Windows 10 64bit build 18362.86. According to Device Manager (System Devices), version 10.1.1.38 is installed. When I attempt to install version 10.1.1.45, Intel install states, "A newer version is already installed. Are you sure you want to downgrade?". Is...
  9. Chipset installation

Chipset installation: Hello I formatted my PC recently and installed windows 10 but I'm having a problem installing my (chip set) driver because some of my USB's they are not working on my PC so i'm trying to install the Chipset driver windows 10 (64-bit) and I'm using (HP Pavilion p6-2070l...
  10. Which installation method shall i use to evaluate?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which installation method shall i use to evaluate?: yes, Which installation method shall i use to evaluate? *sarc I have 2 physical drives, a C:\ drive with my windows 7 and i have a D:\ storage drive. I would like to try Win 10 without affecting AT ALL my beloved win 7. Shall i install Win 10 in the D:\ drive? *Rolleyes 6903

Users found this page by searching for:

1. should i install gigabyte chipset drivers?