Windows 10: Which computer component is causing my BSOD?

Discus and support Which computer component is causing my BSOD? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm almost certain these BSODs are from hardware failure since a particular power fluctuation apparently broke the computer + windows has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by diabolicalico, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Which computer component is causing my BSOD?

I'm almost certain these BSODs are from hardware failure since a particular power fluctuation apparently broke the computer + windows has been reinstalled multiple times since.

The BSODs happen at indefinite times-- sometimes during gaming, others when it's idle; and in indefinite numbers-- sometimes just once, sometimes several consecutively

But for the most part the computer is still usable-- in fact I'm using it to post this now

Hoping to hear at least some part of it is salvageable-- that I don't have to buy a whole new PC, you know? *cry

cheers

:)

diabolicalico, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Msap14 Win User

BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Sep 7, 2018
  3. bassmasta Win User
    causes for bsod

a friend of mine is getting bsod's everytime she uses her computer. it is usually at boot, but sometimes at the desktop, but the computer shows the bsod then goes back to normal and runs fine. I was wondering what exactly would cause a blue screen that would not crash the computer.

bassmasta, Sep 7, 2018
  4. hoax32 Win User

Which computer component is causing my BSOD?

BSOD Hardware Caused???

It is not overheating - CPU runs 60*C in games.
    Short Circuit - EXTREAMLY UNLIKELY

hoax32, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Which computer component is causing my BSOD?

1. Which computer component is causing my BSOD? - Similar Threads - computer component causing

2. Which component is causing BSOD on my Dynabook ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which component is causing BSOD on my Dynabook ?: Hi guys,The dynabook portege X30L-J keeps having BDOS many times a day.Which component is causing this ? is it the network adapter ?DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device...
  3. Which component is causing BSOD on my Dynabook ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which component is causing BSOD on my Dynabook ?: Hi guys,The dynabook portege X30L-J keeps having BDOS many times a day.Which component is causing this ? is it the network adapter ?DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device...
  4. Which component is causing BSOD on my Dynabook ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ntoskrnl.exe is causing BSoD on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl.exe is causing BSoD on my computer: BSoD has been showing up for more than a week now, with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE as its said error. I'm currently on safe mode while using my computer. Things such as the keyboard and touchpad don't work I'm currently using a mouse and an office keyboard. I downloaded...
  6. ntoskrnl.exe is causing BSoD on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl.exe is causing BSoD on my computer: BSoD has been showing up for more than a week now, with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE as its said error. I'm currently on safe mode while using my computer. Things such as the keyboard and touchpad don't work I'm currently using a mouse and an office keyboard. I downloaded...
  7. ntoskrnl.exe is causing BSoD on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Problem in my which which cause crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem in my which which cause crash: I have a window 10 pc nd it crashes in every 2 hours of use please tell me how can i fix it. It is caused because of my mistake what I did is i moved download folder from c drive to d drive later I decided to move it back to c drive but when i was moving it again from...
  9. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on notebook, which component is causing it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on notebook, which component is causing it?: I have an HP notebook (https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-ck000-laptop-pc/17296798/model/19496922/document/c05859503) that's about one and a half years old. It has been working almost fine (its fan was always worryingly noisy and I often only start hearing...
  10. BSOD which is caused by sdbus.sys and ntoskrnl.exe.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD which is caused by sdbus.sys and ntoskrnl.exe.: Hello folks, I could use a little help here... I took a summer project from my wife, and went off to upgrade her Acer ES1-432 (just 32GB eMMC) with 500GB Seagate HDD from older laptop. All in all the process was simple, as there was empty slot for the HDD and I simply...