Windows 10: Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ?

Discus and support Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Would appreciate any and all thoughts on this. Want to buy a new Windows10 Desktop pc for my son, and his graduate school courses. I realize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Robert11 Win User

Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ?

Hi,

Would appreciate any and all thoughts on this.

Want to buy a new Windows10 Desktop pc for my son, and his graduate school courses.

I realize that most of these brands, probably, use components from the same sources,
    and that to a very large extent it is truly the luck of the draw.

But, is there any general consensus these day regarding reliability on Desktops ? Dell, HP, etc ?

(And, ease of setting it up; we are both very non-technical when it comes to computers)

Over the years, many, I've had good luck with Dell and HP Desktops, and also very bad experience with both.

Reliability is the number one factor. (and ease of getting it going).
    He does not play games on it, etc. Pretty basic stuff.

Amazon a good source ? Not looking for absolutely lowest price; just ease of returning and warr. if it doesn't work.

Might as well also ask: same questions regarding a Monitor for ? (Brand, Model, etc. ?)

Much thanks, really appreciate the help,
    R.R.

:)

Robert11, Jul 5, 2018
  2. BarbaricSoul, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ?

1. Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ? - Similar Threads - Desktop Purchase Suggestions

2. Which card to purchase?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Which card to purchase?: Hi All! , I'm hoping to able to get a new graphics in the next couple of months. I only game @1080p and occasionally 1440p but what card would you recommend. I'm toying between a 6600xt 8gb or rtx3060 12gb. I read reviews stating the 6600xt is faster but should I go for the...
  3. Which Desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Which Desktop?: After allowing all of my files to be accessed by OneDrive, there are now *two* folders called Desktop: one a subdirectory of \users\[=username]\Desktop, and a Desktop under the main, top OneDrive folder. Which is which? It seems Windows uses both of them...
  4. GMail Desktop App - Suggestions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GMail Desktop App - Suggestions?: Hi, everyone, I would love your help ☺️ I am getting a new laptop and need to access Gmail for work since I work as a marketing assistant for a leading eCommerce business; unfortunately, I use Vivaldi as my go-to browser since Chrome is a resource hog. I'd like to know if...
  5. Suggestion For Microsoft To Implement (Regarding Desktop Slideshow)

Suggestion For Microsoft To Implement (Regarding Desktop Slideshow): The full title of my post (which cannot fit, should be): > Suggestion For Microsoft To Implement (Regarding Custom Desktop Slideshow Images & Custom Lock Screen Images) I tend to collect artistic digital images to add to my collection of images that are used for the Desktop...
  6. Suggestions for excellent desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions for excellent desktop: I need to buy a late model small desktop, corporate grade preferably to replace an older one which is a SFF HP. I won’t rule out a minitower but would prefer to drop the new into the same physical space as the old, which has been very quiet and essentially flawless. Like the...
  7. Which program is suggesting the next word?

Which program is suggesting the next word?: This has been happening for a month now that when I am typing in my browser or in any word processing software like MS Word or Wordpad, I constantly get suggestions for the next word (screenshot attached). I am unable to find out the program responsible for this and remove...
  8. suggestions for a desktop video & sound capture program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    suggestions for a desktop video & sound capture program: Hi I would like some suggestions for a desktop video & sound capture program... Have tried loads and loads today, Free & trial versions...many free ones have 3 minute limits or watermarks etc etc... I need to capture some video & audio from a website...The video is...
  9. Bsod: I used dm_log collector which is suggested here

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod: I used dm_log collector which is suggested here: Hello, yesterday while Downloading from utorrent file of size approx 1.5 GB, PC crash and it happens everytime when i tried to downloading and the error message is "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA". I used dm_log collector which is suggested here but it failed in creating rar...
  10. Laptop or a Desktop Which one??

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop or a Desktop Which one??: Good day to all. I have a desktop running windows seven home premium,Also have a Acer laptop was running 8.1 now running windows ten. My question is I will be interested in upgrading my desktop to windows ten,But would like to have some advice Please. Which one would be...