Windows 10: Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ?

Discus and support Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Would appreciate any and all thoughts on this. Want to buy a new Windows10 Desktop pc for my son, and his graduate school courses. I realize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Robert11 Win User

Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ?

Hi,

Would appreciate any and all thoughts on this.

Want to buy a new Windows10 Desktop pc for my son, and his graduate school courses.

I realize that most of these brands, probably, use components from the same sources,
    and that to a very large extent it is truly the luck of the draw.

But, is there any general consensus these day regarding reliability on Desktops ? Dell, HP, etc ?

(And, ease of setting it up; we are both very non-technical when it comes to computers)

Over the years, many, I've had good luck with Dell and HP Desktops, and also very bad experience with both.

Reliability is the number one factor. (and ease of getting it going).
    He does not play games on it, etc. Pretty basic stuff.

Amazon a good source ? Not looking for absolutely lowest price; just ease of returning and warr. if it doesn't work.

Might as well also ask: same questions regarding a Monitor for ? (Brand, Model, etc. ?)

Much thanks, really appreciate the help,
    R.R.

:)

Robert11, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ?

1. Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ? - Similar Threads - Desktop Purchase Suggestions

2. product purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product purchase: I bought 3 product on 15th September but didn't receive any VIP points of first purchase in Dungeon Hunter 5 game. I have order details & it says it is completed but why I didn't get benefits Order-6033018343. "...
  3. Already purchased

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Already purchased: I already purchased Windows DVD player for my machine. I installed it and then about a month later had to re-image my machine. How do I get it back onto my computer without having to re-purchase it again....
  4. Which program is suggesting the next word?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Which program is suggesting the next word?: This has been happening for a month now that when I am typing in my browser or in any word processing software like MS Word or Wordpad, I constantly get suggestions for the next word (screenshot attached). I am unable to find out the program responsible for this and remove...
  5. Which is Better? A Gaming Desktop or Xbox One?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is Better? A Gaming Desktop or Xbox One?: Im trying to decide which should I buy and which is more beneficial in the long run: a gaming desktop or a console like an Xbox One. A gaming desktop will cost me $995. An Xbox One will cost $300 and a cheap notebook will cost $350 for a total of $650. Don't you think its...
  6. suggestions for a desktop video & sound capture program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    suggestions for a desktop video & sound capture program: Hi I would like some suggestions for a desktop video & sound capture program... Have tried loads and loads today, Free & trial versions...many free ones have 3 minute limits or watermarks etc etc... I need to capture some video & audio from a website...The video is...
  7. Suggestions

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Suggestions: I picked up an HP Compaq dc7800 small form factor desktop recently. It was refurbished, came with Windows 10 and was under $100.00! I wiped the hard drive and installed Windows 10 Fall Creators update fresh. I have it all running great, never thought and older machine could...
  8. Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer: I might be looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer on Friday. The business that i am purchasing it from said that it has a 1TB HD, AMD Athlon processor, and 8GB RAM. He didnt have the model number right off hand. Can y'all tell me which model lines up with...
  9. Where to suggest suggestions to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Support
    Where to suggest suggestions to Microsoft: Is there a place to send suggestions to Microsoft. I'm fairly certain that out of the millions of emails (I think) they get, they'll be sure to read mine. Please advise. Thanks! 13784
  10. Laptop or a Desktop Which one??

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop or a Desktop Which one??: Good day to all. I have a desktop running windows seven home premium,Also have a Acer laptop was running 8.1 now running windows ten. My question is I will be interested in upgrading my desktop to windows ten,But would like to have some advice Please. Which one would be...