Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ?

Discus and support Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Would appreciate any and all thoughts on this. Want to buy a new Windows10 Desktop pc for my son, and his graduate school courses. I realize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Robert11 Win User

Hi,

Would appreciate any and all thoughts on this.

Want to buy a new Windows10 Desktop pc for my son, and his graduate school courses.

I realize that most of these brands, probably, use components from the same sources,
    and that to a very large extent it is truly the luck of the draw.

But, is there any general consensus these day regarding reliability on Desktops ? Dell, HP, etc ?

(And, ease of setting it up; we are both very non-technical when it comes to computers)

Over the years, many, I've had good luck with Dell and HP Desktops, and also very bad experience with both.

Reliability is the number one factor. (and ease of getting it going).
    He does not play games on it, etc. Pretty basic stuff.

Amazon a good source ? Not looking for absolutely lowest price; just ease of returning and warr. if it doesn't work.

Might as well also ask: same questions regarding a Monitor for ? (Brand, Model, etc. ?)

Much thanks, really appreciate the help,
    R.R.

:)

Robert11, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ? - Similar Threads - Desktop Purchase Suggestions

2. Time to Upgrade to the latest 8.0 version of Skype for desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Time to Upgrade to the latest 8.0 version of Skype for desktop: Skype has always been about bringing people together. We continue to be driven by the opportunity to connect our global community of hundreds of millions, empowering them to feel closer and achieve more together. As we pursue these goals, we’re always looking for new ways to...
  3. SharePoint Compatibility View Settings no longer work on 1/2 of desktops after July 5 2018...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SharePoint Compatibility View Settings no longer work on 1/2 of desktops after July 5 2018...: 1/2 half of our computers all configured the same running Office 2016 can no longer see "Edit in Datasheet" for Sharepoint 2003 under "Actions" All that is available now is "Export to Spreadsheet" "View RSS Feed" and "Alert Me" We desperately need Edit in Datasheet. How...
  4. Time to Upgrade to the latest version of Skype 8.0 for desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Time to Upgrade to the latest version of Skype 8.0 for desktop: Skype has always been about bringing people together. We continue to be driven by the opportunity to connect our global community of hundreds of millions, empowering them to feel closer and achieve more together. As we pursue these goals, we’re always looking for new ways to...
  5. Windows 10, While any Office Desktop App is Running, screen has yellow cast

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, While any Office Desktop App is Running, screen has yellow cast: This problem started in June after major Windows updates (I'm on build 17134, Intel UHD630); Hoped it would be patched by now, but no. When I start Windows 10 desktop, with HD monitor, everything looks fine. When I start any Office desktop app such as Word or Outlook, a...
  6. Is the sRGB mode still the only one that Windows 10 desktop can support?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is the sRGB mode still the only one that Windows 10 desktop can support?: Even in the newest version.While the OSX's desktop can support multiple mode (sRGB/AdobeRGB/P3) for a long time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/is-the-srgb-mode-still-the-only-one-that-windows/5abf7c11-8f71-4f6d-801e-2096816f409f
  7. Brand new Lenovo desktop running Windows 10 turns on, but doesn't connect to the monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brand new Lenovo desktop running Windows 10 turns on, but doesn't connect to the monitor: Windows did an automatic update last night and now the screen is not recognised. We assume it's an issue with the video card driver but can't update anything. We can't see anything on the screen at all. Can't reset to factory settings. Nothing. Any help (that does not...
  8. Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer: I might be looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer on Friday. The business that i am purchasing it from said that it has a 1TB HD, AMD Athlon processor, and 8GB RAM. He didnt have the model number right off hand. Can y'all tell me which model lines up with...
  9. My HP Desktop will not boot from purchased Win 10 Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My HP Desktop will not boot from purchased Win 10 Flash Drive: I currently have Win 7 Home Premium on my HP Desktop. My BIOS has 4 options for booting: Hard Drive; DVD; Floppy (which it says is not installed); and Network (which it says is not installed). The Win 7 on my Desktop is a legit purchased copy. I want to do a 'clean...
  10. Intel 8th gen desktop processors available for purchase October 5th

in Windows 10 News
    Intel 8th gen desktop processors available for purchase October 5th: JrOb84MetfQ Newest Processors Deliver Premium Performance, with a Boost in Frame Rate of up to 25% Gen over Gen NEWS HIGHLIGHTS New 8th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors and Intel® Z370 chipset are perfect for gamers, content creators and overclockers with a range...