Windows 10: ‘Which Device have you plugged in?’ Pop up not appearing.

Discus and support ‘Which Device have you plugged in?’ Pop up not appearing. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So ive had my Laptop for a while and ive never had to use a headset on it until now. I have a Acer Aspire ES 15 ive been trying to fix this issue for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DarrenAbel78, Apr 11, 2021.

1. ‘Which Device have you plugged in?’ Pop up not appearing.

So ive had my Laptop for a while and ive never had to use a headset on it until now. I have a Acer Aspire ES 15 ive been trying to fix this issue for a while then i did fix it by updating my audio driver. Then i stupidly clicked the remember my choice and obviously it didnt now my headset doesnt work again spent 3 days trying everything watching videos and nothing. Then i decided to reset my laptop as a last ditch effort and after hours spent on that it still doesnt work. If anyone has a fix please help.

:)

DarrenAbel78, Apr 11, 2021

2. Does windows 10 recognize when earphones are plugged in?

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to inform that Windows 10 does recognize and display a prompt when earphones are plugged in. I would like to ask if you are able to listen to sound from the earphone when plugged in.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Apr 11, 2021
  4. csatennis Win User

‘Which Device have you plugged in?’ Pop up not appearing.

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

‘Which Device have you plugged in?’ Pop up not appearing.

1. ‘Which Device have you plugged in?’ Pop up not appearing. - Similar Threads - ‘Which Device plugged

2. How to get the "what device did you plug in" pop up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get the "what device did you plug in" pop up: I have gotten the popup before but I accidentally set my headset to heaphones so now i cant use the microphone on them and I cannot change it...
  3. How to get the "what device did you plug in" pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get the "what device did you plug in" pop up: I have gotten the popup before but I accidentally set my headset to heaphones so now i cant use the microphone on them and I cannot change it...
  4. "Which device did you plug in" not popping up when I plug in my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Which device did you plug in" not popping up when I plug in my device.: Whenever I plug in my earphones into my computer, I don't get the pop-up "Which device did you plug in?" When I checked my audio device on "Hardware and Sound" It said it was not plugged in?...
  5. "Which device did you plug in" not popping up when I plug in my device.

"Which device did you plug in" not popping up when I plug in my device.: Whenever I plug in my earphones into my computer, I don't get the pop-up "Which device did you plug in?" When I checked my audio device on "Hardware and Sound" It said it was not plugged in?...
  6. "Which device did you plug in" not popping up when I plug in my device.

7. RealTek "which device did you plug in?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RealTek "which device did you plug in?": whenever i plug in my headset it asks this question which is fine, but the problem is that i am using a headset that has a mic. Basically i have to pick between being able to talk to people without me hearing them or me being able to hear them but they cant hear me. there...
  8. RealTek "which device did you plug in?"

RealTek "which device did you plug in?": whenever i plug in my headset it asks this question which is fine, but the problem is that i am using a headset that has a mic. Basically i have to pick between being able to talk to people without me hearing them or me being able to hear them but they cant hear me. there...
  9. Which device you plugged in pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Which device you plugged in pop up: I have had problems connecting a headset lately that were not there previously when the pop up was enabled. I have seen an older thread telling me to go to hardware and sound, but Realtek HD Audio was not there. Is there anything I can do about this?...
  10. How to get the "Which device did you plug in?" pop up?

How to get the "Which device did you plug in?" pop up?: When I first got this laptop every time my headphones got plugged in a pop-up would come up asking what device I plugged in. I got tired of selecting it every time the jack game out so I hot do not show again. I accidently hit that I was plugging in a headset when I actually...