Windows 10: Which display driver should I download?

Discus and support Which display driver should I download? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My display driver failed and my background turned black so I googled some stuff and one forum said to delete the display driver so I did that and now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lovewhatcomesnext, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Which display driver should I download?

My display driver failed and my background turned black so I googled some stuff and one forum said to delete the display driver so I did that and now I can't brighten the screen any higher than it is now the light is okay but it's not as bright as I usually like it.

Currently my laptop is using the Microsoft Basic display adapter. I want to download a new display driver but I don't know what website to use this one was recommended in the forum:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

It tells me to choose between all these different things to find the right driver like GeForce, TITAN, NVIDIA RTX/ Quadro and I have no idea what these things are so thats why I'm here.

My device details:

Machine: HP steam laptop 14

Operating system: Windows 10 (64 bit)

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000 CPU @ 1.10GHz

submitted by /u/lovewhatcomesnext
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lovewhatcomesnext, Apr 11, 2021

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Incorrect display adapter driver for my Asus K42JK laptop

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

What happens when trying to install the right driver? Do you receive any error?

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Which display driver should I download?

Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered error

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• How is the performance of you surface fan when you re normally accessing the computer?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Since the display driver update is failing I suggest you to uninstall the display drivers completely and restart the computer, then go to the manufacturer’s website, download the display divers and install it, check if the issue
    persist.

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Uninstall.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to run the troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Go to Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security.
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Which display driver should I download?

1. Which display driver should I download? - Similar Threads - display driver should

2. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION-Which driver should I put in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION-Which driver should I put in?: Hello everyone,Two days ago my MSI GS66 Stealth 11UE laptop has been crashing and giving me the blue screen of death with the error message "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION". This happened when I was playing games on steam, first black screen flashes, and then a critical crash...
  3. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION-Which driver should I put in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION-Which driver should I put in?: Hello everyone,Two days ago my MSI GS66 Stealth 11UE laptop has been crashing and giving me the blue screen of death with the error message "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION". This happened when I was playing games on steam, first black screen flashes, and then a critical crash...
  4. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION-Which driver should I put in?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Which Graphics driver should I install?

Which Graphics driver should I install?: I have a laptop from Dell and it has an Intel processor with integrated Intel graphics. I am confused to which driver should I install? I mean, on Intel's website the latest drivers were released recently, but on Dell's website, for specifically searching for my device, it...
  6. How many sound drivers should I have and which should I disable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How many sound drivers should I have and which should I disable?: Recently, my friends on discord have been hearing themselves and my PC audio during calls. When I open up sound devices in control panel, it lists my headset as speakers and believe that this is why the problem is happening (Not sure though please help). I went to device...
  7. I want to download display drivers

I want to download display drivers: how do you update display drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-download-display-drivers/4d468de4-7333-4dd2-a797-56cc6735656d
  8. Which Driver Should I Download My Xbox360 Wireless Reciever With?

Which Driver Should I Download My Xbox360 Wireless Reciever With?: I need to know which driver I should download my Xbox360 controller Wireless adapter too [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-driver-should-i-download-my-xbox360-wireless/923042a9-d64d-4f6f-8ea1-f1582defe3f8
  9. Which of these 2 NVIDIA Discrete VGA drivers I should download.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Which of these 2 NVIDIA Discrete VGA drivers I should download.: I'm downloading All Windows 10 Drivers as a back up , http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/ideacentre-k-series-desktops/lenov... But I'm Not sure which of these 2 NVIDIA Discrete VGA drivers I should download. Which one should I download #1...
  10. Which Windows 10 ISO file I should download?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which Windows 10 ISO file I should download?: Hi, I tried to download Windows 10 ISO file through this site. However, I was able to access it through UC Browser only and it is redirecting me to download Media Creation Tool in PC. I was able to get download link through UC Browser but there, I found two options of...