Windows 10: Which distro for Windows Services for Linux?

Discus and support Which distro for Windows Services for Linux? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Moderators: If this thread belongs in another forum, please move. So someone gave me some scripts that run under Linux, and he uses Linux under WSL.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by x509, Apr 22, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Which distro for Windows Services for Linux?

Moderators: If this thread belongs in another forum, please move.

So someone gave me some scripts that run under Linux, and he uses Linux under WSL. Seems like a good idea, but I have no idea which Linux distro I should use.

Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) on on Windows 10 | Microsoft Docs

Years (and years) ago, I worked with Sun Microsystems machines running Solaris and before that a business system that run AT&T UNIX, so I'm no stranger to UNIX/Linux. I want a Linux that doesn't require too much administration for running simple commands and scripts, nothing fancy.

:)

2. HAT
    hat Win User

Which distro of Linux?

I had an old pc laying around I tried installing Foldix on but that failed mierably. Anyway...

What distro of linux should I use for this pc (specs will be listed below). I intend to use it for folding and as a backup PC and something to use to read directions on incase I need to do something to my PC I can have directions right here.

533MHz PIII-based Celeron
    256MB SDRAM unknown speed (probably PC100)
    ASUS MEW-VM
    10gb hard drive
    no video card
    Linksys LNE 100TX network card (no onboard LAN)

If anyone could suggest a Linux distro and direct me to some Linux dirvers for this thing I... uhh... will send you an e-cookie and click the thanks button!

3. Swansen Win User
    Which distro for 192 mb ram?

http://bengross.com/smallunix.html

Theres a list of minimalist Linux distros. It wasn't on that list but i highly recommend Arch Linux, its a really solid distro.

Swansen, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Sideloading Custom Linux Distro to Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux

Source: Open Sourcing a WSL Sample for Linux Distribution Maintainers and Sideloading Custom Linux Distributions Windows Command Line Tools For Developers

Brink, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Which distro for Windows Services for Linux? - Similar Threads - distro Services Linux

2. Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro: I am using a Windows PC with the following specs:Edition: Windows 11 HomeVersion: 23H2OS build: 22631.2338Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 100.22674.1000.0 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM: 16.0 GBSystem type: 64-bit operating...
  3. Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro: I am using a Windows PC with the following specs:Edition: Windows 11 HomeVersion: 23H2OS build: 22631.2338Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 100.22674.1000.0 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM: 16.0 GBSystem type: 64-bit operating...
  4. do these linux distros run well with an hdd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    do these linux distros run well with an hdd?: pop os manjaro arch linux ubuntu i want know because i could install them to my hdd and run them alongside windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-these-linux-distros-run-well-with-an-hdd/94cfa52a-4871-46fe-a1ec-9eb194135127
  5. VMWare / Ms and Linux distros

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare / Ms and Linux distros: Hi there Not sure why VMWare seems to have been having a problem with Windows hosts (latest builds) recently I've been running an absolutely leading edge Linux distro (with latest 5.3.4 kernel) and VMWare WKS 15.5 with the latest Windows build (1909) as a VM and absolutely...
  6. Unregister Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unregister Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10: How to: Unregister Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10 How to Unregister and Reset Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux...
  7. Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distros in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distros in Windows 10: How to: Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distros in Windows 10 How to Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distros in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line tools...
  8. Run Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10: How to: Run Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10 How to Run a Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line tools directly on...
  9. Terminate Running Windows Subsystem for Linux Distro in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Terminate Running Windows Subsystem for Linux Distro in Windows 10: How to: Terminate Running Windows Subsystem for Linux Distro in Windows 10 How to Terminate Running Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line...
  10. Sideloading Custom Linux Distro to Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 News
    Sideloading Custom Linux Distro to Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux: We are happy to announce that we have open sourced a WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) sample for Linux distribution maintainers. This sample allows distro maintainers to build WSL distro packages for the Microsoft Store and developers to create custom Linux distro packages...