Windows 10: which drive do i format or delete

Discus and support which drive do i format or delete in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i'm now on the latest windows 10 version 1903 , but i'm some issues (tdr failure and video scheduler internal dsods) , and i literally tried everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HassanOsman1, Jul 24, 2019.

1. which drive do i format or delete

i'm now on the latest windows 10 version 1903 , but i'm some issues (tdr failure and video scheduler internal dsods) , and i literally tried everything except installing windows again , but i want to install version 1703 , i downloaded the ISO file , and my usb is ready , i boot it up and started the steps to install , but after i clicked custom install , there's a lot of drives , what do i do now , i have C , D , E , with different sizes , which one do i select to format or delete ? , i'm confused and afraid do format the or delete the wrong one

thx in advance anyway

:)

HassanOsman1, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 24, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

which drive do i format or delete

Deleting or Formatting a Partition

Once you are able to reinstall windows please indicate the steps that you made to clean the drive and install Windows 10. The steps that are usual are in post #8 and essembe displayed them in post #20. Did they fail again? If you try diskpart again let us know the fail error. Were you able to use the steps that Kyhi listed?

zbook, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

which drive do i format or delete

1. which drive do i format or delete - Similar Threads - drive format delete

2. Which of these partitions drives are safe to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which of these partitions drives are safe to delete: So I am trying to install windows 11 on my laptop by myself and so far I’ve been doing good but when it’s comes down to which drive I should download it I don’t know because I’m scared deleting or formatting one will have a negative effect on my system can you please help me...
  3. Which of these partitions drives are safe to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which of these partitions drives are safe to delete: So I am trying to install windows 11 on my laptop by myself and so far I’ve been doing good but when it’s comes down to which drive I should download it I don’t know because I’m scared deleting or formatting one will have a negative effect on my system can you please help me...
  4. I have all my drives which are 6 tb or greater formatted as gpt drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have all my drives which are 6 tb or greater formatted as gpt drives: When the may update installed all my drives on 2 different computers got the winload efi errorI got a brand new hard drive and installed my original windows on that new gpt drive. It worked fine updated it with the latest windows version from create tool. It crashed windows...
  5. Which file history folders do I delete?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which file history folders do I delete?: Which file history folders do I delete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-file-history-folders-do-i-delete/54f62627-2ddc-46ae-9c36-978a344a3dac
  6. Which file history folders do I delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which file history folders do I delete?: Which file history folders do I delete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-file-history-folders-do-i-delete/54f62627-2ddc-46ae-9c36-978a344a3dac
  7. How do I format my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I format my hard drive?: So I bought my desktop computer with an internal 1 tb hard drive and I recently got a ssd to make it faster but it has less storage so I wanted to use my hard drive as storage but when I boot from my ssd the hard drive doesnt show up so I was wondering how I would format...
  8. Which format for an external drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which format for an external drive: I just bought a Seagate portable USB hard drive. It was supplied formatted as an ex-FAT drive. I changed this to NTFS. What's the 'best' format to use for external drives for Windows 10 use only? 139483
  9. how do i format my hard drive?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do i format my hard drive?: HOW DO I FORMAT MY HARD DRIVE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-format-my-hard-drive/34520f10-5ae7-4dbf-aaf8-e80f1afdbff6"
  10. How do I format a disc in Drive D:?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I format a disc in Drive D:?: How do I format my disc in Drive D? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-format-a-disc-in-drive-d/faacf221-3c57-4aac-8da1-2e77b8aea709