Windows 10: Which drives to image

Discus and support Which drives to image in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My laptop has two M. 2 drives the C drive and D drive, I use Macrium Reflect weekly to image the C drive, which is then backed up to a second external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by bikeit, Nov 27, 2020.

1. bikeit Win User

Which drives to image

My laptop has two M. 2 drives the C drive and D drive, I use Macrium Reflect weekly to image the C drive, which is then backed up to a second external drive, I then use Goodsync to back up the D drive to the same second external drive, should I be imaging both the C & D drives with Macrium Reflect.

:)

bikeit, Nov 27, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Which drives to image

Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Which drives to image

1. Which drives to image - Similar Threads - drives image

2. Unable to create a windows image backup for new laptop on an external hard drive that...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to create a windows image backup for new laptop on an external hard drive that...: Hi there. I have set up a new Sony laptop and I tried to create a windows backup image today, 24 Jan 2021, for it on an external hard drive. However after I ran Create System Image the WindowsBackupImage folder indicated that it was created on Saturday, ‎11 ‎January ‎2020,...
  3. Help Needed: Google Drive Grey Cross and Image Preview Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Needed: Google Drive Grey Cross and Image Preview Issue: So I have synced my google drive to my windows 10. I have checked and all the files within the folder have been synced. However, there is a grey cross over every single item in the folder and it is affecting the image preview of all jpg, png images, which is frustrating...
  4. Windows 10 Update reverted hard drive to old image

Windows 10 Update reverted hard drive to old image: My computer randomly restarted while operating to install an update It shows as "Security Update for Windows KB4534293". Upon getting back to the windows log-in screen I was only able to sign into an old microsoft account that I had since stopped using. After logging in I saw...
  5. Macrium Reflect Free 7.3 imaged to USB flash drive produced six files

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Free 7.3 imaged to USB flash drive produced six files: I've just built a dual-boot machine with Windows 10 (20H2) and Linux (Elementary OS 5.0), and it occurred to me that Reflect (7.3 Free) could probably image that drive including the ext4 partition containing Elementary OS and (I hope) the GRUB bootloader (wherever it...
  6. Cannot mount drive from system image on external hard drive

Cannot mount drive from system image on external hard drive: I have recently installed a new version of Windows which means I have lost my data. Before doing so, I created a system image so I could move important files back to my PC. However, if I try to do anyhting with this Hard Disk Image File then this popup appears: [ATTACH]...
  7. what if my system image was saved on a drive which has gotten corrupted? will i still be...

what if my system image was saved on a drive which has gotten corrupted? will i still be...: will i still be able to use my system image for recovery since my pc no longer recognizes the drive. i want to back up my windows but im confused between so many options. what is the safest and guaranteed way my OS along with all installed programs will be recovered,...
  8. Shipping re-imaged disks to a client site to replace crashed drives

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Shipping re-imaged disks to a client site to replace crashed drives: We build Windows 10 based machines which are deployed using our WDS server and activated via the Microsoft Product Activation site. The machines are used to record sensitive information so if for any reason the disks set as a RAID-0 array get trashed they can't be returned to...
  9. Why is drive image larger than C;/ drive ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Why is drive image larger than C;/ drive ?: Thought I'd make a couple different images on my recently built & never used PC. The C: drive is an SSD and the only thing on it is the Windows 10 OS (vers 1909). For starters I made an image using the Windows 10 image function and used a USB HDD. Properties show the C:\...
  10. New Hard Drive Fitted - Cloned or System Image File will not boot - fresh install will

New Hard Drive Fitted - Cloned or System Image File will not boot - fresh install will: I have an HP Elitebook 850 G3. It was fitted with a 180 GB Sata M2 SSD - which is now struggling or free space. I bought a Kinston 1 TB KC2500 SSD to fit to the M2 slot. I cloned the 180 GB Sata to the 1 TB - but although the drive was recognised and worked, and was...