Windows 10: Which email desktop client do you use and why?

Discus and support Which email desktop client do you use and why? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; @jimbo45.. I had to change a setting in my Gmail account and all the errors trying to log in cleared up. Now I can use Thunderbird as my email client.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by swarfega, Nov 2, 2014.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Which email desktop client do you use and why?

@jimbo45.. I had to change a setting in my Gmail account and all the errors trying to log in cleared up.
    Now I can use Thunderbird as my email client.

Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Nov 18, 2014
  2. jadinolf Win User

I use Postbox and have for quite some time.

Had font changing problems with SeaMonkey and Thunderbird so Postbox will be it forever, I guess.

jadinolf, Nov 19, 2014
  3. cpupro Win User
    I have used Outlook since, well, forever.For myself, I like the format and what I can do with it to bring multiple email accounts and things together. In Windows 10 I have just installed Office 2013 Pro so once I decide what email account to use I will start testing the variables on that.

cpupro, Nov 20, 2014
  4. swarfega Win User

I've finally managed to persuade Mum to ditch email software and use web mail. Web mail has advantages such as access anywhere with Internet and if something goes wrong with your pc, it's not the end of the world.

swarfega, Nov 24, 2014
  5. essenbe Win User
    I guess I'm a creature of habit. I still use WLM. I have Office 2010 and 2013. I have just never spent the time to use it enough to learn it. I know how to do anything I can think of that I need with WLM, so I continue to use it. I really do need to play with Outlook for a change. But, I have a whole list of things I intend to use and learn that I haven't had the time to even look at much lately. Another one of those round tuit's.

essenbe, Nov 27, 2014
  6. davehc Win User
    I use Live Mail on my desktop. I am not familiar with how ISP/mail providers work around the world.
    Here, my ISP/mail provider, has the mail page on the home link. If I am away from home, I can still access my mail there.

davehc, Nov 27, 2014
  7. essenbe Win User
    Dave, mine works the same way. I use a Desktop client to access all of my email accounts (which are way too many) but, I can access them through web based email also, if I need or want to.

essenbe, Nov 27, 2014
  8. swarfega Win User

Our ISP does allow you to access via web mail but even then they are not as reliable as say gmail is.

swarfega, Nov 28, 2014
  9. I love using Outlook and I usually use it. Sometimes I use GMAIL.

Fahadking07, Nov 29, 2014
  10. I switch between the Windows 8 mail app and Outlook.

I love the simplicity of the Windows 8 mail app, especially on the SurfacePro and ASUS T100TA and Outlook on the 23" desktop.

lparsons21, Nov 29, 2014
  11. hondacrv Win User
    i dont use any desktop email clients i just do it through the web browser or ios mail

hondacrv, Dec 8, 2014
  12. Geneo Win User
    I use Thunderbird with Pop for my personal mail and Outlook with IMAP for work.
    I haven't tried the 10 tp mail app yet. Thunderbird seems to work fine on it.

Geneo, Dec 8, 2014
  13. Which email desktop client do you use and why?

I use Outlook just to keep up-to-date with what Microsoft is doing with it.

On Windows 10, I use Outlook 2013 but the font rendering in emails is shockingly blurry, just like it is on Win 8.1. Same problem in the body of Word documents.

On Windows 8.1, I reverted back to Office 2010 just to avoid the headache inducing grayscale font anti-aliasing API that Microsoft have, for reasons that defy comprehension, seen fit to inflict upon the hapless customer.

I sure hope they fix this in Office 2016. If they don't I'll have to start using Libre Office.

The Doctor, Dec 19, 2014
  14. SYD
    Syd Win User
    I run Windows Mail (Had it on Vista, Win 7, and 8.1) and will use it on Windows 10. I like Pop email, plus I still have my Contacts and Contact groups.

15. Have you tried turning the following?
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/blurry...ng-office-2013

or fine tuning your graphics card (references to anti aliasing?)

or as a last test: disable hardware graphics acceleration

Slartybart, Jan 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Which email desktop client do you use and why? - Similar Threads - email desktop client

2. Why do you allow hypervisors you know are illegally used?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do you allow hypervisors you know are illegally used?: As a 15+ year victims of this horrible hypervisor tool of yours , I would like to know if you have any conscious feelings knowing how it's employed to harass, provoke, and intentionally hurt american citizens by government agencies? The agency I am speaking about has received...
  3. Which backup software do you use?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which backup software do you use?: Which backup software do you use to create backup of your windows 10 files and folder? I used file history and it is not showing any progress bar and taking a lot of time to create a backup of 34 gb files and folders...
  4. How to use Email client?

in Browsers and Email
    How to use Email client?: I have been using web interface free email for many years, but I recently really get tired of the web interface of Yahoo! Mail. I know little about SMTP and POP3 but I can imagine there could be a lot of problems about backup of emails, synchronization of mails between...
  5. GAMERS, which OS do you use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMERS, which OS do you use?: GAMERS, I'm going to build an inexpensive gaming machine and I started to wonder about the OS. I'm interested in knowing if I gamers run Linux (Ubuntu) or does it have to be windows? I have to pay for Window and I can get Linux for free...and since I don't do any gaming, I...
  6. Desktop email client as a frontend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop email client as a frontend: Hello folks, There are a few desktop email clients threads on this board. I checked a few but none discussed what I am looking for. I have multiple email accounts. I used to use Thunderbird in the past until its database size ballooned over 6gb. Now switched to a far...
  7. email client

in Browsers and Email
    email client: I have Windows 10 pro and have been using Windows Mail; unfortunately it is erratic syncing and I just lost a valuable folder. It seems ok at times and I like its simplicity because I am at an average tech level. I have had other issues with it so have discontinued use....
  8. Ropemaker - new Exploit for Desktop Email Clients

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ropemaker - new Exploit for Desktop Email Clients: Mimecast (Email security vendor) has publish a warning today about possible email exploit called Ropemaker. A new type of email exploit could affect all kind of computer users, even the most advanced. Practically all desktop email clients are vulnerable to this exploit if...
  9. Is there a free email client for desktop use

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a free email client for desktop use: I use Outlook for my main email but I also have an gmail account as well as a hotmail (outlook). I would like a free email client that I can install on my computer so I can have a desktop email client for my gmail and hotmail accounts so I don't have to access it via web...
  10. Best alternative desktop email client

in Browsers and Email
    Best alternative desktop email client: Currently using Win Live Mail 2013 on desktop, but very buggy. Have tried Mail app in Win 10 but not as comprehensive as WinLiveMail Any suggestions for alternative stand alone desktop email client? *Smile 72169