Windows 10: Which email desktop client do you use and why?

Discus and support Which email desktop client do you use and why? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Thunderbird, but only because I can't install Outlook. *Confused Last August, when I rebuilt my PC, something glitched during the Office install and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by swarfega, Nov 2, 2014.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Which email desktop client do you use and why?

Thunderbird is a very good email client, IMO. I used several in my time but I would go back to Thunderbird if I used a client.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Feb 19, 2015

2. Try running cClearner - Registry feature
    Download from the Piriform site: Thanks for downloading CCleaner
    Do NOT elect to install any add-on software if offered (usually a toolbar or browser)
    - clear the checkbox for anything extra offered by the installer.

Scan, but do not clean.

Look for D:\\Office (That looks more like a network share. shouldn't it be D:\Office? ). If you see that issue in the data column, right click and open n Registry editor. Then blank out the filed D:\\Office, but leave the key.

Post a screenshot (or more) of the cCleaner Registry scan results if your need assistance.

There's another way to specify the install directory, but I haven't seen it is a while. If Windows can't find the correct location for the install media, it used to prompt you for the location. Changing the location to your Optical drive might get you past the issue.

Slartybart, Feb 21, 2015
  3. Dude Win User
    I use outlook 2010, and also gmail

4. Emma Win User

Jeff what do you mean when you say "if I used a client".

5. Kesto Win User
    I use gmail and that metro mail thing on my win8 start screen.

Kesto, Feb 21, 2015
  6. JJG10 Win User
    I use eM Client under Win 7 for my 6 POP3 accounts. Easy to setup, nice calendar and reminders. Good, responsive support. Also lives and plays well with Win10TP.

JJG10, Feb 23, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I used Gmail via the web right now but I might switch to a client based email tool to access Gmail.

BunnyJ, Feb 23, 2015
  8. Winuser Win User

I use Thunderbird to access my Comcast and Gmail accounts. works great. I also use Get Mail 3.4.10 in Pale Moon to run Thunderbird.

Winuser, Feb 24, 2015
  9. Vladimir Win User
    Outlook 2013 (Multiple Accounts) and Gmail (Webmail)

*Smile

Vladimir, Feb 24, 2015
  10. I use the Modern UI mail app in Windows Ten (9926) to access my email acct's or sometimes the Chrome default browser I installed.
    I'm using win 10 (9926) for my daily driver now..... ofc with my user data files backed up in Win 7 x64 ☺

blutos cousin, Feb 24, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Thunderbird is nice and the best part it's free. *Biggrin

BunnyJ, Feb 24, 2015
  12. Davy49 Win User
    Hi,
    I used to favor Gmail as far as a 'web-based' mail application..and of course still use it, but at least lately..I've received some comment's from people that are in my contacts list that they didn't receive my replies when I responded to their message's. So lately, I've been using outlook.com web based mail more and more. By the way..this site has ALWAYS been very resourceful with information concerning e-mail: EmailDiscussions.com Email Discussion Forums I thought I'd share it.
    David *Biggrin

Davy49, Mar 7, 2015
  13. rvbfan Win User

I have Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo running in the 10 mail app. seems to do the trick.
    I figure if I'm testing Windows 10 I might as well use it as much as I can.

rvbfan, Mar 8, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    I might go back to using Thunderbird or..not sure. I'll hunt around for a fun one this week. *Wink

BunnyJ, Mar 8, 2015
  15. I've used several over the years: Eudora, CC:Mail, Outlook (most recent).

Also use Outlook Web Access -- when I worked at a site that did not allow us to have local email clients on our desktops.

But, when we used Outlook at work, it was primarily used for calendaring, scheduling, and conference room management, not just email.

Since I started using tablets and smartphones a lot, for personal email, I went over to using WebMail all the time -- that way I can see ALL my incoming mail, regardless of which device I'm using.

Mark Phelps, Mar 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Which email desktop client do you use and why? - Similar Threads - email desktop client

2. Why do you allow hypervisors you know are illegally used?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do you allow hypervisors you know are illegally used?: As a 15+ year victims of this horrible hypervisor tool of yours , I would like to know if you have any conscious feelings knowing how it's employed to harass, provoke, and intentionally hurt american citizens by government agencies? The agency I am speaking about has received...
  3. Which backup software do you use?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which backup software do you use?: Which backup software do you use to create backup of your windows 10 files and folder? I used file history and it is not showing any progress bar and taking a lot of time to create a backup of 34 gb files and folders...
  4. How to use Email client?

in Browsers and Email
    How to use Email client?: I have been using web interface free email for many years, but I recently really get tired of the web interface of Yahoo! Mail. I know little about SMTP and POP3 but I can imagine there could be a lot of problems about backup of emails, synchronization of mails between...
  5. GAMERS, which OS do you use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMERS, which OS do you use?: GAMERS, I'm going to build an inexpensive gaming machine and I started to wonder about the OS. I'm interested in knowing if I gamers run Linux (Ubuntu) or does it have to be windows? I have to pay for Window and I can get Linux for free...and since I don't do any gaming, I...
  6. Desktop email client as a frontend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop email client as a frontend: Hello folks, There are a few desktop email clients threads on this board. I checked a few but none discussed what I am looking for. I have multiple email accounts. I used to use Thunderbird in the past until its database size ballooned over 6gb. Now switched to a far...
  7. email client

in Browsers and Email
    email client: I have Windows 10 pro and have been using Windows Mail; unfortunately it is erratic syncing and I just lost a valuable folder. It seems ok at times and I like its simplicity because I am at an average tech level. I have had other issues with it so have discontinued use....
  8. Ropemaker - new Exploit for Desktop Email Clients

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ropemaker - new Exploit for Desktop Email Clients: Mimecast (Email security vendor) has publish a warning today about possible email exploit called Ropemaker. A new type of email exploit could affect all kind of computer users, even the most advanced. Practically all desktop email clients are vulnerable to this exploit if...
  9. Is there a free email client for desktop use

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a free email client for desktop use: I use Outlook for my main email but I also have an gmail account as well as a hotmail (outlook). I would like a free email client that I can install on my computer so I can have a desktop email client for my gmail and hotmail accounts so I don't have to access it via web...
  10. Best alternative desktop email client

in Browsers and Email
    Best alternative desktop email client: Currently using Win Live Mail 2013 on desktop, but very buggy. Have tried Mail app in Win 10 but not as comprehensive as WinLiveMail Any suggestions for alternative stand alone desktop email client? *Smile 72169