Windows 10: Which email desktop client do you use and why?

Discus and support Which email desktop client do you use and why? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just started using Qualcomm - Eudora. Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by swarfega, Nov 2, 2014.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Which email desktop client do you use and why?

Just started using Qualcomm - Eudora.

BunnyJ, Mar 9, 2015
  2. Davy49 Win User

Hi,
    Speaking of web based mail client's..one of my client's is outlook.com, all of a sudden I seem to be getting more 'junk' message's in my inbox folder. I went into the 'options' area and changed the junk mail filter mechanism from 'standard' to 'exclusive', that didn't work to my liking. By doing that..some of my 'recognized' good sender's message's went to my junk folder instead of my inbox. I'm really thinking that Microsoft might have some kind of 'bot' running loose in their mail server's ??
    David *Sad

Davy49, Mar 9, 2015
  3. Forever, going back at least 15 years I have used Outlook Express 6, and still do on XP.

For the very short time I 'tested' Vista, I used Windows Mail, which I called O.E. on steroids. *Wink

Then came Windows 7, and Windows Mail was disabled, but I found a way to RE-Enable it.
    "Windows Live Mail" was available from MS, but it is much harder to set up and then looks like CRAP!

Through Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, I still RE-Enable Windows Mail, because it's the easiest program to set up and use, of all the email programs I've tested over the years. I also like that it puts all my mail, from five different accounts, on the screen at the same time so I can read it all without having to manually change accounts.

The only email account that I leave on Web Mail, is Yahoo. That's my SPAM catcher!
    What a waste of good web space that is!!!

Cheers Mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Mar 10, 2015
  4. bmetelsky Win User

I used Outlook Express followed by Outlook 2003, 2007, and 2010. I skipped Outlook 2013 and the entire 2013 Office Suite. I moved form Outlook 2013 to Thunderbird. I just moved from Thunderbird to Outlook.com since I was using Outlook.com anyway due to having a windows phone. I'm quickly migrating all of my email to the Outlook.com address. It's just cleaner that way, since the phone and pc mail are always in sync. I'm looking forward to seeing what the built in mail solution will be for Windows 10.

bmetelsky, Mar 11, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    I'm still running Office 2010 on my Windows 7 install and have just installed one of my Office 2013 copies onto Windows 10 to test. I couldn't live without Outlook.

Boozad, Mar 11, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    I have now given up on desktop clients and instead have all my emails routed through gmail.

swarfega, Mar 11, 2015
  7. z3r010 Win User
    I've been trying to find some love for Outlook 2013 over the past few weeks, however it's useless at syncing multiple imap accounts (I need to keep clicking in each inbox to see if it has mail rather than it just pulling in) so today I've reverted back my my trusty Outlook 2010.

I did take a look at eM Client | Best Email Client for Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP
    last week and thought it worked very well, but it just seemed like a cheap outlook clone and I couldn't get used to it.

z3r010, Mar 11, 2015
  8. jvco Win User

Opera Mail since Thunderbird crashed and lost some mails.

9. I am just getting a new PC ready to install Win 10 so don't yet know what might appear! I always used Outlook Express with 95, 98 and XP as I hate webmail and the absurdly complicated ways in those of reading emails. I tried Outlook but 90% of that is unnecessary so gave that up as a waste of time.
    Late last year for Win 7 (and 8.1 recently) I have installed OE Classic - www.oeclassic.com - It is still in development but very promising. I quickly updated to the paid version and there has already been some useful changes.
    Tony

Snugglebugs, Mar 16, 2015
  10. Charlie Win User
    Snuggle. Thanks for the link. I will give that a try. I always liked OE. Welcome you to the TenForums. See ya around, *Biggrin

Charlie, Mar 16, 2015
  11. swarfega Win User
    You do know that development of that program was stopped in 2010.

swarfega, Mar 16, 2015
  12. silv55 Win User
    I use Ymail and Gmail ,Gmail i have in Google search page, yahoo i have a link in my favorites.

silv55, Mar 16, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Yup.. I did use it but in the end I just use my browser for my mail

BunnyJ, Mar 16, 2015
  14. bulendw Win User
    I have used Eudora Pro (7.1) since 1996. For what I use Eudora Pro, I do not believe there is another email program suitable. I now use Win Vista 64, but soon will want/need to buy a new PC.
    Question: Will Eudora Pro 7.1 run on Windows 10?
    From the Windows 8 forum, I note that Eudora Pro 7.1 will run with some adjustments at installation.
    I prefer to purchase a Windows 10 PC if I can.

bulendw, Mar 16, 2015
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    I know the copy of Eudora I used worked just fine.. so I suspect that yours will as well.
    HTH

BunnyJ, Mar 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Which email desktop client do you use and why? - Similar Threads - email desktop client

2. Why do you allow hypervisors you know are illegally used?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do you allow hypervisors you know are illegally used?: As a 15+ year victims of this horrible hypervisor tool of yours , I would like to know if you have any conscious feelings knowing how it's employed to harass, provoke, and intentionally hurt american citizens by government agencies? The agency I am speaking about has received...
  3. Which backup software do you use?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which backup software do you use?: Which backup software do you use to create backup of your windows 10 files and folder? I used file history and it is not showing any progress bar and taking a lot of time to create a backup of 34 gb files and folders...
  4. How to use Email client?

in Browsers and Email
    How to use Email client?: I have been using web interface free email for many years, but I recently really get tired of the web interface of Yahoo! Mail. I know little about SMTP and POP3 but I can imagine there could be a lot of problems about backup of emails, synchronization of mails between...
  5. GAMERS, which OS do you use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMERS, which OS do you use?: GAMERS, I'm going to build an inexpensive gaming machine and I started to wonder about the OS. I'm interested in knowing if I gamers run Linux (Ubuntu) or does it have to be windows? I have to pay for Window and I can get Linux for free...and since I don't do any gaming, I...
  6. Desktop email client as a frontend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop email client as a frontend: Hello folks, There are a few desktop email clients threads on this board. I checked a few but none discussed what I am looking for. I have multiple email accounts. I used to use Thunderbird in the past until its database size ballooned over 6gb. Now switched to a far...
  7. email client

in Browsers and Email
    email client: I have Windows 10 pro and have been using Windows Mail; unfortunately it is erratic syncing and I just lost a valuable folder. It seems ok at times and I like its simplicity because I am at an average tech level. I have had other issues with it so have discontinued use....
  8. Ropemaker - new Exploit for Desktop Email Clients

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ropemaker - new Exploit for Desktop Email Clients: Mimecast (Email security vendor) has publish a warning today about possible email exploit called Ropemaker. A new type of email exploit could affect all kind of computer users, even the most advanced. Practically all desktop email clients are vulnerable to this exploit if...
  9. Is there a free email client for desktop use

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a free email client for desktop use: I use Outlook for my main email but I also have an gmail account as well as a hotmail (outlook). I would like a free email client that I can install on my computer so I can have a desktop email client for my gmail and hotmail accounts so I don't have to access it via web...
  10. Best alternative desktop email client

in Browsers and Email
    Best alternative desktop email client: Currently using Win Live Mail 2013 on desktop, but very buggy. Have tried Mail app in Win 10 but not as comprehensive as WinLiveMail Any suggestions for alternative stand alone desktop email client? *Smile 72169