Windows 10: Which email desktop client do you use and why?

Discus and support Which email desktop client do you use and why? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I know the copy of Eudora I used worked just fine.. so I suspect that yours will as well. HTH Thanks. Looking for others who have tried and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by swarfega, Nov 2, 2014.

1. bulendw Win User

Which email desktop client do you use and why?

Thanks. Looking for others who have tried and succeeded with Win 10 and Eudora Pro. From reading in the Windows 8 forum, appears that many are having problems running Eudora Pro 7.1 on Windows 8.

bulendw, Mar 16, 2015
  2. kelliann Win User

Syd,
    I realize it has been a long time since you posted this. Have you gotten Windows Mail (not live mail) to work on Windows 10? I am using it on Windows 7 and the only thing that would keep me from going to Windows 10 is if I could not get Windows Mail to work on 10. I have thousands and thousands of messages in folders and sufolders (I move messages into a new folder when I get too many in the original folder). All end with .eml and that is an added worry - besides preferring Windows Mail, I read somewhere that the mail app for 10 won't read the .eml extension and I can't afford to lose all those messages since I need to be able to refer to them to find information.

Please let me know how it went for you and if you didn't try it yet, can you please post when you do and let me know?

Thank you a million times!

kelliann, Jul 18, 2015
  3. BunnyJ New Member
    Now using the Mail App and I'm quite happy with it.

BunnyJ, Jul 18, 2015
  4. rvbfan Win User

I use the mail app with Google, Yahoo and an Outlook email address. Seems to work well enough except no way to clear multiple messages from trash etc except one by one.

rvbfan, Jul 19, 2015
  5. Vladimir Win User
    Outlook 2016 for everyday use in my main computer and Windows 10 Email client for the other rigs

*Smile

Vladimir, Jul 19, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    Outlook 2010 -- but currently using Outlook 2016 during trial period. Data files are compatible so if I go back to outlook 2010 I don't lose anything.

Outlook 2013 is a DOG - I junked the whole of office 2013 when I tried it. Office 2016 much better.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 19, 2015
  7. I use eMail Client on my laptop, set up to retrieve all my google mail (I only have Gmail accounts). On my mobile devices (Android phone & 10" Android tablet} I use Gmail

Atomcrusher, Jul 19, 2015
  8. eelpout Win User

Mozilla Thunderbird (actually, I'm using their Earlybird builds). Mostly for their Bayesian learning spam filter. It makes a great backup to the Spamassassin filter on our main mail server. They need though to make it more friendly for touch. I'm hoping since they are (again) looking at doing this for Firefox, they'll think about it for mail.

Two that are touch friendly are TouchMail (modern app) and eM Client (desktop app). The latter has a "wide spaced" interface mode to make touch a bit easier for buttons and menus.

eelpout, Jul 29, 2015
  9. inPicton Win User
    New member here.

I've been using Eudora since the 1990s. I've tried other clients but all seem terrible by comparison.

Still the very best out there.

Regards, Paul.

inPicton, Aug 2, 2015
  10. inPicton Win User
    YES it does. Works with 7, 8, 10.

There is one issue in 10. Received e-mails with links within the post, should take me to my browser, Chrome. Instead, a window pops up. You will need a new app to open that. But no way to choose Chrome. Any idea?

inPicton, Aug 2, 2015
  11. inPicton Win User
    Version 6.5.4

It's another outstanding program that I've been using for 15 or 20 years.

Regards, Paul.

inPicton, Aug 2, 2015
  12. pjmarkert Win User
    Outlook 2013, the standard

pjmarkert, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Which email desktop client do you use and why? - Similar Threads - email desktop client

2. Why do you allow hypervisors you know are illegally used?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do you allow hypervisors you know are illegally used?: As a 15+ year victims of this horrible hypervisor tool of yours , I would like to know if you have any conscious feelings knowing how it's employed to harass, provoke, and intentionally hurt american citizens by government agencies? The agency I am speaking about has received...
  3. Which backup software do you use?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which backup software do you use?: Which backup software do you use to create backup of your windows 10 files and folder? I used file history and it is not showing any progress bar and taking a lot of time to create a backup of 34 gb files and folders...
  4. How to use Email client?

in Browsers and Email
    How to use Email client?: I have been using web interface free email for many years, but I recently really get tired of the web interface of Yahoo! Mail. I know little about SMTP and POP3 but I can imagine there could be a lot of problems about backup of emails, synchronization of mails between...
  5. GAMERS, which OS do you use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMERS, which OS do you use?: GAMERS, I'm going to build an inexpensive gaming machine and I started to wonder about the OS. I'm interested in knowing if I gamers run Linux (Ubuntu) or does it have to be windows? I have to pay for Window and I can get Linux for free...and since I don't do any gaming, I...
  6. Desktop email client as a frontend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop email client as a frontend: Hello folks, There are a few desktop email clients threads on this board. I checked a few but none discussed what I am looking for. I have multiple email accounts. I used to use Thunderbird in the past until its database size ballooned over 6gb. Now switched to a far...
  7. email client

in Browsers and Email
    email client: I have Windows 10 pro and have been using Windows Mail; unfortunately it is erratic syncing and I just lost a valuable folder. It seems ok at times and I like its simplicity because I am at an average tech level. I have had other issues with it so have discontinued use....
  8. Ropemaker - new Exploit for Desktop Email Clients

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ropemaker - new Exploit for Desktop Email Clients: Mimecast (Email security vendor) has publish a warning today about possible email exploit called Ropemaker. A new type of email exploit could affect all kind of computer users, even the most advanced. Practically all desktop email clients are vulnerable to this exploit if...
  9. Is there a free email client for desktop use

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a free email client for desktop use: I use Outlook for my main email but I also have an gmail account as well as a hotmail (outlook). I would like a free email client that I can install on my computer so I can have a desktop email client for my gmail and hotmail accounts so I don't have to access it via web...
  10. Best alternative desktop email client

in Browsers and Email
    Best alternative desktop email client: Currently using Win Live Mail 2013 on desktop, but very buggy. Have tried Mail app in Win 10 but not as comprehensive as WinLiveMail Any suggestions for alternative stand alone desktop email client? *Smile 72169