Windows 10: Which Ethernet Cable is Best for Multiple Devices in Home?

Discus and support Which Ethernet Cable is Best for Multiple Devices in Home? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got 5 devices running in my house, sometimes at the same time. Only two (PCs) are connected by cable. The rest are wifi. Which is a better cable type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Nov 4, 2019.

1. yahanna Win User

Which Ethernet Cable is Best for Multiple Devices in Home?

I got 5 devices running in my house, sometimes at the same time. Only two (PCs) are connected by cable. The rest are wifi. Which is a better cable type to ensure all devices dont get slowed down.. Cat6 or Cat6a?

:)

yahanna, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Which Ethernet Cable is Best for Multiple Devices in Home?

Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Which Ethernet Cable is Best for Multiple Devices in Home?

1. Which Ethernet Cable is Best for Multiple Devices in Home? - Similar Threads - Ethernet Cable Best

2. Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable: Hello, my name is ElavI wanted to ask, that if I connect Ethernet cable to my laptop, then does it affect my electricity bills? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-cable/9bcfa1f8-5599-41c6-846a-53fc7ecb37fb
  3. Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Cable: Hello, my name is ElavI wanted to ask, that if I connect Ethernet cable to my laptop, then does it affect my electricity bills? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-cable/9bcfa1f8-5599-41c6-846a-53fc7ecb37fb
  4. Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. For best speed, which computer should use an ethernet connection?

For best speed, which computer should use an ethernet connection?: We have three computers connected to the Internet. Two are connected wirelessly to the modem/router and the third is connected via the ethernet cable; all three computers are on Win 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959) . The one with the cable connection has an onboard...
  6. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...
  7. Which is Better.. Cat6 or Cat6a Ethernet Cable?

Which is Better.. Cat6 or Cat6a Ethernet Cable?: I need an ethernet cable for my PC in my bedroom. I download large files. Which is faster and better? Cat6 or cat6a? Any large difference between the two? 143658
  8. Which is Better.. Cat6 or Cat6a Ethernet Cable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which is Better.. Cat6 or Cat6a Ethernet Cable?: I need an ethernet cable for my PC in my bedroom. I download large files. Which is faster and better? Cat6 or cat6a? Any large difference between the two? 143658
  9. Which Windows 10 is the best for home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Which Windows 10 is the best for home: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam Please be nice to help me and me that Windows 10 is the best to install at home. What is the difference between Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 pro N, Windows Home, Windows 10 Enterprise and what is the best Windows. What Windows Should I Install At...
  10. Best CAT Ethernet Cable For my internet?

Best CAT Ethernet Cable For my internet?: Hello all, I have a at&t u-verse router that is the model NVG589, Motorola My question is: I game on my PC a lot and would like to know, what is the best CAT cable to get that my internet box can support? 66265