Windows 10: Which file formats can be tagged in Windows?

Discus and support Which file formats can be tagged in Windows? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I only found that JPG can be tagged.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LAPIII, Dec 12, 2018.

1. LAPIII Win User

Which file formats can be tagged in Windows?

I only found that JPG can be tagged.

:)

LAPIII, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 12, 2018
  3. tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 12, 2018
  4. OCjp Win User

Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

Thema:

1. Which file formats can be tagged in Windows? - Similar Threads - file formats tagged

2. Tagging files in a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tagging files in a folder: I'm a recent user of Windows, being a life long Mac user. If I open a folder on the Mac to show a list of files, I can select and right click on a file and add a coloured tag. It's an easy way to identify different groups of files within the folder. For ex, I might want to...
  3. Tagging files in a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tagging files in a folder: I'm a recent user of Windows, being a life long Mac user. If I open a folder on the Mac to show a list of files, I can select and right click on a file and add a coloured tag. It's an easy way to identify different groups of files within the folder. For ex, I might want to...
  4. Where can I find pictures which I tag as favorite?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where can I find pictures which I tag as favorite?: I think this could be really helpful for me in finding some pictures that I need, but the problem is that I have no clue where those pictures appear, I've googled it and couldn't find any helpful information so I'm asking here, thanks in advance. submitted by /u/Reuv123l...
  5. Tags in ARW files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tags in ARW files: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I am trying to tag a large image library that I have from almost 20 years. I can tag JPGs directly in Windows Explorer. When it comes to Raw files, no such joy. I downloaded the Raw codec pack and also downloaded the Nikon and Sony drivers for RAW files....
  6. Tags in File Explorer

Tags in File Explorer: I rely greatly on Autofill when adding tags to images. To not do so would require using my memory resulting in many, slightly different tags for the same "topic". for example:- John Searwood, John Sherwood , John Sharwood, John J Sherwood and so forth. Some while ago the...
  7. Tag ANY file in windows?

Tag ANY file in windows?: Hello! I know it is possible to add tags to music files, video files and images. But is there a way in explorer or via 3rd party to add searchable tags to ANY file in windows? Thank you for your help!...
  8. Tags in the windows explorer: tagging all types of files and folders

Tags in the windows explorer: tagging all types of files and folders: Does anybody know if microsoft has any plans on supporting tags for every type of file and folder? I found some other tools like tabbles (https://tabbles.net) and 'Tagging for windows' (https://tagging.connectpaste.com) which are good to work with, but I would like it to be...
  9. Audio File Tags

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio File Tags: My last update was on 3/22/2019, it updated to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03. Since then the Title, Album Artist, and Contributing Artist fields in the Audio File tags that I'm creating are being truncated to about 20 characters or so. What's going on and how do I...
  10. file tagging

file tagging: How do you tag files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-tagging/3d876677-2bc6-46b5-b0a1-ddbd6fa1515a"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what file types can be tagged

2. what files can be tagged in windows

3. what files can be tagged