Windows 10: Which files are safe to clean on CCleaner program?

Discus and support Which files are safe to clean on CCleaner program? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My OS and passwords to sites I am logged into are my main concerns of messing up cause I have a lot of different passwords. I try to keep them all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by p5200, Aug 5, 2020.

1. p5200 Win User

Which files are safe to clean on CCleaner program?

My OS and passwords to sites I am logged into are my main concerns of messing up cause I have a lot of different passwords. I try to keep them all saved on a flash drive but, always manage to need one I can no longer find LOL! Thanks! *Smile

:)

p5200, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Polarman Win User

CCleaner Safe?

CCleaner uses internally-stored settings (.INI) files to determine which Windows settings and installed applications to clean, and how to clean them. You can modify these .INI files by creating replacement external ones and placing them in CCleaner's installation folder.

Check here for more info:

CCleaner.com - CCleaner .INI files

That's what i did to cleanup some more things.

Polarman, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Cleaning windows files with CCleaner

I need suggestion about cleaning windows files with CCleaner, what files can i remove safely without damaging my OS. And which one should i checklist from menu. I am adding some screenshots.

Which files are safe to clean on CCleaner program? cel7vkO.png

Which files are safe to clean on CCleaner program? 33t0zXm.png

mikelferdinan, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Which files are safe to clean on CCleaner program?

CCleaner Safe?

I love to use CCleaner to remove temporary files and cookies but is the registry cleaner acctually safe to use? Would I be best off avoiding using it?

BababooeyHTJ, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Which files are safe to clean on CCleaner program?

1. Which files are safe to clean on CCleaner program? - Similar Threads - files are safe

2. Is CCleaner safe or effective?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is CCleaner safe or effective?: I have been using CCleaner for a while now. However recently I have heard that it is not safe or effective. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ccleaner-safe-or-effective/1a8fa485-f1be-4d47-9bfb-b9694b3cc7d6
  3. Is CCleaner safe or effective?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is CCleaner safe or effective?: I have been using CCleaner for a while now. However recently I have heard that it is not safe or effective. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ccleaner-safe-or-effective/1a8fa485-f1be-4d47-9bfb-b9694b3cc7d6
  4. Cleaned files with CCleaner. Should I have done it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cleaned files with CCleaner. Should I have done it?: I cleaned my PC with CCleaner but later read on the internet that it can cause more harm instead. Could I have done any damage to my PC? Should I have done it? Just wanted to clean my PC... submitted by /u/CHiA-ZS [link] [comments]...
  5. Is CCleaner safe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is CCleaner safe?: I normally yes it to clear the history of the web browsers I use, empty recycle bin and things like that to save me having to do all these things one at a time. But I saw something that said they'd been hacked and up to some shady stuff. Is it safe? Thanks. submitted by...
  6. CCleaner "status" as "safe to use"?

CCleaner "status" as "safe to use"?: Hi. Not so long a go, Piriform/Avast had some serious issues with Free CCleaner (from user point of view) for e.g. forcibly running in the background, updating itself without user interaction etc. Now they seem to introduce some "Software Updater" functionality which I...
  7. Is System Ninja a safe cleaning program to use?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is System Ninja a safe cleaning program to use?: Is System Ninja a safe cleaning program to use? Can it cause problems with my Windows installation or any other program installed on my computer? I just scanned my computer with System Ninja and it detected 4.5 GB (537 files) of junk on my C: drive where Windows is installed....
  8. Is CCleaner safe to use?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is CCleaner safe to use?: I was wondering if CCleaner would be a good safe program to help me remove a bunch of junk files from my computer that Disk Cleanup will not do. I looked online and found that a lot of people seem to like it, but then I saw on a wiki page that back in 2017 or 2016 it was...
  9. Is CCleaner safe now ?!

Is CCleaner safe now ?!: So guys i was wondering is it safe to use CCleaner, even i tested the latest version on Virustotal and still shows 2/62 infected !? [img] 95083
  10. Cleaning windows files with CCleaner

Cleaning windows files with CCleaner: I need suggestion about cleaning windows files with CCleaner, what files can i remove safely without damaging my OS. And which one should i checklist from menu. I am adding some screenshots. [img] [img] 80098