Windows 10: Which folders will stay safe if I reset my pc?

Discus and support Which folders will stay safe if I reset my pc? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If I reset my pc using 'keep personal files' option then which folders will stay safe?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Abid AhmedZidan, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Which folders will stay safe if I reset my pc?

If I reset my pc using 'keep personal files' option then which folders will stay safe?

:)

Abid AhmedZidan, Oct 27, 2020
  2. RAW
    Raw Win User

Stay safe. Storm coming!!!

I wish all the best for the TPU people on here that live on the East Coast.

Hurricane Sandy is about 2 hours away before I feel her full fury around these parts.

I did take precautions for help making it through her.

Almost time to lock down all my pcs and unplug them.

If it's coming your way, I suggest you do the same.

MM... did you see Sandy yet down there?

Stay safe people.

Raw*Toast :toast:

3. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Oct 27, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Which folders will stay safe if I reset my pc?

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Which folders will stay safe if I reset my pc?

1. Which folders will stay safe if I reset my pc? - Similar Threads - folders stay safe

2. Can’t get into safe mode or reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get into safe mode or reset my pc: Hi, I just bought a new gaming laptop which is the Rog strix g16 and after downloading major updates and resetting my laptop, I got stuck into the BSOD error code: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. The main problem is that I can’t get into « safe mode » or get my laptop to reset....
  3. Which folders under AppData are safe/OK to delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which folders under AppData are safe/OK to delete?: Hi. This questions really pertains to this one right here -> “Microsoft Community” and here -> “Microsoft community forum”. Now I am just wondering which one of the four folders under AppData are safe to delete? Screenshot is below. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  4. Which folders are safe to move?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which folders are safe to move?: So I get a new drive, which is significantly bigger than my old drive. My old drive has all the folders (like user files, documents, programs, etc) but it's almost full and I'm hoping to move a lot of the folders to my new drive. However, I was wondering which folders would...
  5. I want to do reset my pc but im not sure which reset to do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to do reset my pc but im not sure which reset to do: I feel like my pc has so much random things on it and I didn’t stay organized so I want to reset it. I don’t want to keep any of the old files I want it to be fresh, but I also want to keep the same windows login that I have now. Should I do reset this pc or fresh start?...
  6. IS it safe to reset PC with USB?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IS it safe to reset PC with USB?: Hey, so I ran something, windows became corrupt, settings would go wierd. no internet. Everything got corrupt. When i plug in my usb it still shows up, also not that i tried to reset PC from advanced bootup, it states "Could not reset, no changes was made" the thing is i made...
  7. I factory reset my pc in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I factory reset my pc in safe mode: So I put my pc into safe mode then restarted it but before logging back in I factory reset my pc and then I get a pop up saying "Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing windows, restart the computer." And I did this by using the command...
  8. Which can i safely uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which can i safely uninstall: I'm trying to free up space, besides system files there is apps and games though I deleted everything I downloaded from my C drive to save space. I have 3.25 gb worth of apps and games, all pre-installed. Is there any I can delete that wont effect my computer. If needed I...
  9. Which recovery partitions and folders can safely be removed?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which recovery partitions and folders can safely be removed?: v1903 installed on a ~256GB MBR disk. Code: C:\Recovery [folder] 4.86 GB used <unnamed> [partition] 534 MB "Healthy, (Recovery Partition)" Recovery Image [partition] 11.72 GB "Healthy, (Primary Partition)"[/quote] I'm hoping to tidy up this hard drive. Please could someone...
  10. Unsure which apps can be removed safely, which ones better stay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsure which apps can be removed safely, which ones better stay: I don't play games Have separate tools to view/edit images and videos and for taking notes. Use Outlook 2016 Don't use Skype am thinking of removing the yellow marked apps. Is there a chance of running into issues some time in future? Probably not, but better safe than...