Windows 10: Which IP or Domain name should Firewall allow to get Windows Defender ATP Definitions...

Discus and support Which IP or Domain name should Firewall allow to get Windows Defender ATP Definitions... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I'm currently using Windows Defender ATP for Linux on a Linux Redhat server and got a problem with the definitions update as it couldn't update,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VuNguyen_2397, May 20, 2021.

1. Which IP or Domain name should Firewall allow to get Windows Defender ATP Definitions...

Hi I'm currently using Windows Defender ATP for Linux on a Linux Redhat server and got a problem with the definitions update as it couldn't update, always return "update_failed" result. Since this server is connect through a static proxy from our company which I have configured follow the installation document, I suspected it need to allow an IP or domain to connect with the update server. But I need to know which specific domain or IP which can obtain through nslookup command I needed so I can request my IT department to allow access to it

:)

VuNguyen_2397, May 20, 2021

2. How to configure router firewall to allow Windows Defender to update virus definition?

Windows 10 version 1607 and 1703. My firewall is Fortigate 60E.

To configure firewall policy to allow Windows Defender to update virus definition, I need the following information:

1. List of URLs / domain names / IP addresses used by the update server.

2. Port numbers used by Windows Defender to check and download updates.

CSH1471199, May 20, 2021
  3. rnunley Win User
    Windows Defender ATP Reboot

I am having an issue with Windows Defender ATP on all my Windows 10, domain joined PCs. After running the on-boarding script, the registry is updated at HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
    Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations with a number of ATP files.

After a reboot, this key is not reset so the PCs always think they need to be rebooted. If I uninstall ATP the problem goes away. Any suggestions?

Thanks

rnunley, May 20, 2021
  4. Which IP or Domain name should Firewall allow to get Windows Defender ATP Definitions...

Windows Defender ATP.

Windows Defender ATP isn't protection, rather it's more after the fact forensics. Any sized firm can run ATP as you can enable it on Windows 10 pro with merely a script. What you have to have is a Windows E5 subscription license which now is sold in single
    units by cloud service providers.

The naming of "Windows defender ATP" is IMHO a bad marketing name. It doesn't defend. It reports. It helps an admin understand when intrusions take place what IP the workstation talked to and what may have occurred but it still takes a technical person
    to interpret the findings.

Susan Bradley - volunteer here not a MS employee, May 20, 2021
Thema:

Which IP or Domain name should Firewall allow to get Windows Defender ATP Definitions...

1. Which IP or Domain name should Firewall allow to get Windows Defender ATP Definitions... - Similar Threads - Domain name should

2. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  3. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  4. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Defender ATP service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender ATP service: Favor de ver este error cuando intento hacer un onboarding del WATPC:\WINDOWS\system32>%userprofile%\Desktop\WindowsDefenderATPLocalOnboardingScript This script will onboard this machine to the Windows Defender ATP service. Once completed, the machine should light up in the...
  6. Defender ATP Analysis

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender ATP Analysis: Is the analysis ie alerting and blocking happening on the endpoints laptops, desktops or in the ATP Cloud console? If the analysis is occurring on the endpoints, will it cause performance issues on all endpoints if it is deployed across ~15,000 devices? If that's the case,...
  7. Allow an app throughtg the Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow an app throughtg the Windows Defender Firewall: Windows is not allowing the Harrisgeospatial IDL through the firewall. [ATTACH] Any ideas to solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-an-app-throughtg-the-windows-defender/8802c33f-b880-4e0f-ad35-421ea023d52d
  8. Windows Defender ATP Offboarding

Windows Defender ATP Offboarding: Need help with Offboarding 1000 Windows 10 devices from an old 2017 Trial ATP tenant no longer active. Any help would be grateful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-atp-offboarding/a3c0d30e-5c4a-4cd6-9947-6f0ee8e9311d"
  9. Defender ATP

Defender ATP: I tried to submit a question, but it would not let me submit it. What good does it do to have this system if it won't work. Why am I, as an individual home computer user, subject to the strict regulations of Defender ATP? I cannot connect to links that are provided in...
  10. Windows Defender ATP

Windows Defender ATP: What is Sandbox in Windows Defender ATP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-atp/714d1096-97e9-49bb-b825-c2c732ccd642

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what domains to allow windows defender definition updates