Windows 10: Which is Better.. Cat6 or Cat6a Ethernet Cable?

Discus and support Which is Better.. Cat6 or Cat6a Ethernet Cable? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need an ethernet cable for my PC in my bedroom. I download large files. Which is faster and better? Cat6 or cat6a? Any large difference between the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Nov 2, 2019.

1. yahanna Win User

Which is Better.. Cat6 or Cat6a Ethernet Cable?

I need an ethernet cable for my PC in my bedroom. I download large files. Which is faster and better? Cat6 or cat6a? Any large difference between the two?

:)

yahanna, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Steven Oppa, Nov 2, 2019
  3. logo897 Win User
    Best CAT Ethernet Cable For my internet?

I have an Ethernet port but I don't know if it's gigabyte one, how can I tell?

Thanks

logo897, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Which is Better.. Cat6 or Cat6a Ethernet Cable? - Similar Threads - Better Cat6 Cat6a

2. Which Ethernet Cable is Best for Multiple Devices in Home?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which Ethernet Cable is Best for Multiple Devices in Home?: I got 5 devices running in my house, sometimes at the same time. Only two (PCs) are connected by cable. The rest are wifi. Which is a better cable type to ensure all devices dont get slowed down.. Cat6 or Cat6a? 143751
  3. Which is Better.. Cat6 or Cat6a Ethernet Cable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which is Better.. Cat6 or Cat6a Ethernet Cable?: I need an ethernet cable for my PC in my bedroom. I download large files. Which is faster and better? Cat6 or cat6a? Any large difference between the two? 143658
  4. which is better?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    which is better?: Which is better, Windows Defender or Norton 360? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-better/3634df74-df1b-4bf2-9967-7084e0174821"
  5. which trackball is better?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    which trackball is better?: in terms of comfort and accuracy, which trackball is better? Both are from Logitech, similar price. Or any other recommendation? [img] [img] 123607
  6. Ethernet cable settings

Ethernet cable settings: Hello I want to replace a 10 year old cat 5, worn, Ethernet cable with a cat 7 cable to connect to my 3 years old HP Envy. The old cable works fine but is prone to falling out my PC. My new cat 7 cable is not recognised by my HP Envy but works happily in another computer....
  7. Ethernet cable settings

Ethernet cable settings: Hello I want to replace a 10 year old cat 5, worn, Ethernet cable with a cat 7 cable to connect to my 3 years old HP Envy. The old cable works fine but is prone to falling out my PC. My new cat 7 cable is not recognised by my HP Envy but works happily in another computer....
  8. Ethernet cable unplugged

Ethernet cable unplugged: Hello guys i am having problem with my Ethernet connection. When i connect the cable to the computer nothing happend and if i try to do a troubleshoot it say that there is no calbe pluged. I bought the cable 6 hours ago so it is a new one. The think is i press to reset the...
  9. New Ethernet Cabling, no connection

New Ethernet Cabling, no connection: Hi, I just had ethernet cabling done in my house from the router under the floorboards into my room which evidently doesn't work. Stupidly I didn't get the guy who did the job to check it and I don't want to call him out if it's just a software issue. He also installed a...
  10. Which is the better Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which is the better Windows?: Should i install WIN10 Home or WIN10 Pro 16761