Windows 10: Which is better for a laptop? Leave on or shut down and reboot +&+

Discus and support Which is better for a laptop? Leave on or shut down and reboot +&+ in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Dell Precision M4800. I have developed the habit of using the laptop for a short time, stop, come back later and use again, and again and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tony Vella, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Which is better for a laptop? Leave on or shut down and reboot +&+

I have a Dell Precision M4800.

I have developed the habit of using the laptop for a short time, stop, come back later and use again, and again and again. I start around 8 in the morning and finish off around 7 or 8 in the evening. I never write/translate/design for more than 10 - 15 minutes at a time.

My question: Is it better for my laptop to leave it on all day, or to shut it down and reboot it some 20 times a day?

I am thankful in advance for all advice.

:)

Tony Vella, Feb 27, 2020

2. laptop shut down while i first turn the power on after upgrading to win10

hello,

thanks for your help,

i follow the first step and didnt find any problem,

and then i boot my laptop in safe mode with network ,

it can successfully be shut down and turn on ,

then i leave the safe mode and turn off the windows fast startup,

now my laptop can shut down and turn on normally like it used to be,

but the problem still exist when i hibernate my laptop,

when i reboot from hibernate state , it still shut down itself after the windows icon shows up.

waiting for your suggestion, thanks!

Best regards,

Roger Yang

chi hsien yang, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Carbo Win User
    Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

Hi, Phil. I'm doing what I've always done: slide the cursor to the lower left screen and click on Shut Down. But instead of shutting down the laptop responds as if I hit Restart.
    Just tried your suggestion and hit shift but it made no difference. Laptop rebooted.

Carbo, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Which is better for a laptop? Leave on or shut down and reboot +&+

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Which is better for a laptop? Leave on or shut down and reboot +&+

1. Which is better for a laptop? Leave on or shut down and reboot +&+ - Similar Threads - better laptop Leave

2. Shutting down the laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutting down the laptop: My windows isn't showing shut down, sleep, etc. option under power button. How do I shut it down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-the-laptop/3cc62cb4-7144-4681-8cdb-74ed824be1bf
  3. Laptop vs Desktop- Which is better

in Windows 10 News
    Laptop vs Desktop- Which is better: [ATTACH]Laptop vs Desktop is a battle that excites a lot of people, many are skeptical to spend loads of money on a Desktop and many are confused if a Laptop can make their ends meet. So, in this article, we will be seeing which one is better, a Laptop or a Desktop, for you....
  4. Which is better ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which is better ?: Hello guys i have some problems with my pc ( stutters ) i tride everything to fix it but didnt helped so im trying to re installing windows now but i dont know what is better to do it , should i reinstalling it with flash drive or i do reset recovrey and remove evereything ....
  5. laptop shutting down

laptop shutting down: hello my laptop would switch off for a week and it would switch on for another week... then switches off... am using asus trasformar T300 what could be the reason for that ?...
  6. HP Laptop frequently shuts down to reboot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Laptop frequently shuts down to reboot.: HP Laptop frequently shuts down and reboots. Only software I added was a 2010 version of Word, Excel, etc.; and Turbo Tax. Could that be the problem?...
  7. Laptop shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutting down: Hello, I have been having an issue with my HP Laptop for a few days, my device would shut itself down before the battery saver mode even came on, now it locks my Laptop quickly as soon as it asks me to plug my charger in and the battery saver mode, but it locks itself so...
  8. which is better?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    which is better?: Which is better, Windows Defender or Norton 360? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-better/3634df74-df1b-4bf2-9967-7084e0174821"
  9. Laptop freezes and has to be forced shut down and rebooted.

Laptop freezes and has to be forced shut down and rebooted.: Hello, I have had this problem since day one with windows 10 and its about to force me back to windows 7. Random times when working on my laptop it will just freeze. If there is something playing be it music or youtube it will make a god awful noise through the speakers....
  10. Which is better: Sleep or Shut down?

Which is better: Sleep or Shut down?: In terms of perfomance and improving the life of a desktop, is it better to shut the computer down at night or just put it to sleep? I don't use my computer frequently enough to keep it on all the time, and I don't mind waiting an extra 30 seconds for it to boot, but does...