Windows 10: which is better for a wifi adapter, usb 2.0 or usb 3.0?

Discus and support which is better for a wifi adapter, usb 2.0 or usb 3.0? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so I have a problem..I'm moving and getting gig speed internet(fios) and my access point pumps out both 2.4 and 5.0 ghz. the problem is simple..my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xraiderv1, Jul 22, 2021.

1. xraiderv1 Win User

which is better for a wifi adapter, usb 2.0 or usb 3.0?

so I have a problem..I'm moving and getting gig speed internet(fios) and my access point pumps out both 2.4 and 5.0 ghz. the problem is simple..my computer dates to 2015 and it cannot even SEE the 5ghz channels on its built in wifi. now, here's the meat and potatoes. I have 4 usb 3 ports, and 4 usb 2 ports, both of my rear usb 3 ports are in use(blu ray burner and 4tb hdd) and the lone usb 2 port is slated to be used for my new printer. which is better for a 5ghz adapter? usb 2 or usb 3?

:)

xraiderv1, Jul 22, 2021

2. USB 3.0 Question

That is the add in I have. I got it off the CM store. They also list an adapter, but I've yet to see it listed as in stock and can't seem to find any others.

mastrdrver, Jul 22, 2021
  3. windows 10-v1709 asks for PIN with Bluetooth v2-0 usb adapter

the pin box was same as at top of another of your support queries I googled.

I found that I got round this step ( after I paired with a windows8-0 32bit tablet with bluetooth 4-0 which may have no relevance ) by swapping my isynergy bluetooth 2-0 usb adapter for a Belkin Bluetooth 2-1 usb adapter. The difference being that no PIN
    box popped up when pairing and afterwards xb1controller showed up in device manager within the bluetooth tab.

Maybe you could test Bluetooth versions or brands of bluetooth usb adapter. Others probably need to know what the caveats are with a particular adapter, e.g. would my game controller work more smoothly with a BT4.0 adapter or can I use 2 gamepads with BT2-1
    ?

UncoiledOak8930, Jul 22, 2021
  4. which is better for a wifi adapter, usb 2.0 or usb 3.0?

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

which is better for a wifi adapter, usb 2.0 or usb 3.0? [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

which is better for a wifi adapter, usb 2.0 or usb 3.0?

1. which is better for a wifi adapter, usb 2.0 or usb 3.0? - Similar Threads - better wifi adapter

2. Problems with Wifi USB Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Wifi USB Adapter: Hi, I have some problems with a TP-Link Archer T3U Plus AC1300, in particular my connection sometimes freezing and drops and in general it is very slow. I shot a video about this problem here. In order to understand the problem:I have done the same speedtest to another pc...
  3. USB wifi adapter not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB wifi adapter not working: Hi everyoneI've recently bought a USB wifi dongle but i haven't been able to use it yet. I connect the USB to my pc and then install the driver but when the installation finishes this error occurs: "Access violation at address 100417CF in module 'RaWLAPI.dll'" and I can't see...
  4. USB wifi adapter not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB wifi adapter not working: Hi everyoneI've recently bought a USB wifi dongle but i haven't been able to use it yet. I connect the USB to my pc and then install the driver but when the installation finishes this error occurs: "Access violation at address 100417CF in module 'RaWLAPI.dll'" and I can't see...
  5. Clean instal Win !0 with USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean instal Win !0 with USB: I have Win 10 64 bit downloaded onto a USB flash drive in order to do a clean install on my SSD drive...is installing it through BIOS any advantage than simply going through system recovery and using this method (remove everything install through USB) which method is better...
  6. sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter: hi so, I am trying to make the following: (idB)USB wifi as Access Point <---WALL---> Windows 10 Pro Laptop <----WALL---> (idA)USB wifi connected to internet idA is an Alfa networks long range wifi adapter idB USB is located 4 meters away from idA USB and two concrete walls in...
  7. Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008: Hi, While trying to buy from Windows store I got an "Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008" message. Any idea how to resolve this? Vijay. [ATTACH]...
  8. usb wifi nano adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb wifi nano adapter: on my laptop im having internet issues where it it will cut out every few minutes this issue is only on one device so isnt the modem will getting a usb nano wifi adapter fix the cutting out issues?...
  9. eSATA to USB 3 adapter?

eSATA to USB 3 adapter?: Sort of a hardware question: I I have an old PC with an front panel eSATA port (not power eSATA or eSATA + USB) and a couple USB 2 ports but no USB 3 ports. I have no need for eSATA but have a number of USB 3.0 devices. I've been looking for an eSTAT-m to USB 3.0-f adapter or...
  10. Recommend USB 3 adapter card with USB 2 compatibility, internal USB

Recommend USB 3 adapter card with USB 2 compatibility, internal USB: (sorry if this is a repost) I need a USB 3 card with 3-4 external ports that are known to work with USB 2 devices, unlike the USB 3 ports on my ASUS motherboard. This card also needs to have 1 internal USB port. I don't need the 2x20 header connector that supports a cable...