Windows 10: Which is better, Windows 10 (from 7 Ultimate) OEM, or Windows 10 (from 7 Home) Retail? And...

Discus and support Which is better, Windows 10 (from 7 Ultimate) OEM, or Windows 10 (from 7 Home) Retail? And... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My current old laptop is physically falling apart. I can still get it to boot for now, so I do have access to it. It is Windows 10 Home, upgraded with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MelissaNOD, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Which is better, Windows 10 (from 7 Ultimate) OEM, or Windows 10 (from 7 Home) Retail? And...

My current old laptop is physically falling apart. I can still get it to boot for now, so I do have access to it. It is Windows 10 Home, upgraded with free upgrade from Windows 7 Home. When I run the CMD: slmgr -dli, it shows up as Windows CORE edition, Retail Channel. So I know that I can transfer this license to another machine if I want. However, I'd really prefer the Pro over Home.

I have been given an old custom built laptop that is still on Windows 7, Windows 7 Ultimate w SP1 OEM. If I upgrade the Windows 7 Ultimate it upgrades to Windows 10 Pro, but it will still be OEM.

Q1 - Can I then replace the OEM with my Retail license?

Q2 - If I can would it change my Pro to Home?

Q3 - Is it worth it to try to change the OEM to Retail?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and answers.

:)

MelissaNOD, Mar 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 Vs Windows 7 ultimate.

Win 7 ultimate vs which version of windows 10? Win 7 Ultimate has all the bells and whistles like NFS support.

Easy Rhino, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Windows 7 vs 10

Its been said already, however I will just say again go ahead and install the Windows 7 Ultimate and then just update it to Windows 10 Pro via the upgrade option. You will then end up with the best scenario and the least limitations (Though 10 Home would still be enough).

GhostRyder, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Which is better, Windows 10 (from 7 Ultimate) OEM, or Windows 10 (from 7 Home) Retail? And...

Windows 10 Vs Windows 7 ultimate.

Honestly i don't know, i just have the Disc Image File that says: Win10_1607_German_x64

Knoxx29, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Which is better, Windows 10 (from 7 Ultimate) OEM, or Windows 10 (from 7 Home) Retail? And...

1. Which is better, Windows 10 (from 7 Ultimate) OEM, or Windows 10 (from 7 Home) Retail? And... - Similar Threads - better Ultimate OEM

2. Upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate to Windows 10: Hi, This is Rolf Schreiner at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, on December 14, 2020. I have a problem installing Wildows 10 on Windows 7 Ultimate. I worked about one week it, but now I need some help, please. I tried all the published fixes on the internet,...
  3. Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10: So I originally had a Windows 7 OEM, but the motherboard it was tied to short circuited and had to be replaced, so now it’s technically not genuine cause of being on a different motherboard. I was gonna upgrade my pc, including the motherboard and was wondering if I could...
  4. How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free from Windows 7 Ultimate OEM key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free from Windows 7 Ultimate OEM key: I want to do a clean install on a new drive. I used the Media Creation Tool to create an installation USB. Would entering my W7 OEM key during the install work? submitted by /u/owta999 [link] [comments]...
  5. Back to windows 10 home OEM from Pro Retail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Back to windows 10 home OEM from Pro Retail: I've Windows 10 Professional Retail product key. My laptop has Windows 10 Home OEM. I want to upgrade to win 10 Professional Retail. Can I get back to my OEM Win 10 Home again? How? I would like to avoid using product key if I cant get back to my win 10 Home OEM. Please help...
  6. want to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate

want to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate: Good evening team microsoft before asking an question let me show my pc specs.just posted an screenshot of my computer properties please see that and tell me should I upgrade my pc win7 to win10 and my GPU is nvidia GT 710 and cpu gen it says 5series/3400 series chipset...
  7. update from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10

update from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10: I've bought a new download to windows 10 at the store, it directs me to download the media creation tool 1809, i've disabled my normal protection and run it as an administrator and it just flashes the windows logo momentarily and does nothing more... can somebody please...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 OEM

Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 OEM: I have Lenovo x230 with genuine Windows 7. Can I freely upgrade to windows 10? I downloaded windows media creation tool and did direct upgrade to windows 10. My laptop is upgraded to Win 10 but it is not getting activated. Found the following activation issue -...
  9. upgrade from windows 7 ultimate

upgrade from windows 7 ultimate: I upgraded my laptop with 8.1 to 10 and I ended up with all programs recognized and working. Hard to believe. All I did after the upgrade is download and install English (US) package to change interface language. Will it be the same when upgrading from windows 7 ultimate?...
  10. Upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate Unvalidated to 10

Upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate Unvalidated to 10: Sorry for the question if is quite simple but I am unsure. Currently I am running Windows 7 Ultimate yet my copy can't be validated as I have no key. If I was to purchase a copy of Windows 10 would I be able to keep my files during the upgrade or would a fresh install be...