Windows 10: which is better?

Discus and support which is better? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Which is better, Windows Defender or Norton 360?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CadeMAN, Aug 6, 2019.

1. CadeMAN Win User

which is better?

Which is better, Windows Defender or Norton 360?

:)

CadeMAN, Aug 6, 2019

2. What kind of quad.

I suspect you are at "the edge" of the power rating for the mainboard. Perhaps Q6600 wasnt listed due to TWO versions, C3 stepping at 105W and G0 stepping at 95W. Furthermore, if you OC the G0 Q6600 then it will use more than 95W. Since Q9300 is on a 1333 buss, then perhaps the BIOS doesnt give you scope to OC it, keeping it well withing the 95W envelope.

My suggestion is, if the mainboard is important to you and you dont want to blow the power regulators or caps, to NOT OC the Q6600. Take the thing out of design spec (by OC'ing it) and you may very well rapidly reduce the half-life of your board.

Also, as erocker suggests, there are 65W quads out now. I think those are better suited to this mainboard.

Good luck.

lemonadesoda, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Gmail suspicious activity alert?

I'd definitely setup two-step verification like MailMan suggested. I actually just set it up myself, and have a similar feature on Facebook as well. Better safe than sorry! *Toast :toast:

f22a4bandit, Aug 6, 2019
  4. which is better?

Office And Light Gaming Build

There's nothing wrong with the build, but I have some suggestions to, IMHO, make it better:
    • You list a 550 watt PSU, but you have a 51 watt CPU and a GPU that pulls 120 watts at the max. In other words, your system will pull under 200 watts at maximum load, which it sounds like will be rarely. PSU's are most efficient between 50-80%, and even at max load, this system won't reach 50%. Suggest a PSU 400 watts or less, like the Seasonic G-360.
    • RAM's really cheap. Suggest getting 16 GB instead.

thebluebumblebee, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

which is better?

1. which is better? - Similar Threads - better

2. Why does Microsoft think they know how I want my GUI better than I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft think they know how I want my GUI better than I do?: Taskbar in windows 10 is not perfect but can be manipulated into looking and putting the things in the places I want. So why is Microsoft not only blocking but going out of their way to prevent me from adjusting my taskbar and start menu to the way I like it. they may say is...
  3. Why does Microsoft think they know how I want my GUI better than I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft think they know how I want my GUI better than I do?: Taskbar in windows 10 is not perfect but can be manipulated into looking and putting the things in the places I want. So why is Microsoft not only blocking but going out of their way to prevent me from adjusting my taskbar and start menu to the way I like it. they may say is...
  4. How is Windows industry edition better than windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is Windows industry edition better than windows 11?: how Industry edition surpasses 11 edition, especially in big organizations with lots of sensitive data healthcare industry? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-is-windows-industry-edition-better-than/1bf71ccd-20f4-4cbd-b36a-29c5eab59b80
  5. How is Windows industry edition better than windows 11?

How is Windows industry edition better than windows 11?: how Industry edition surpasses 11 edition, especially in big organizations with lots of sensitive data healthcare industry? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-is-windows-industry-edition-better-than/1bf71ccd-20f4-4cbd-b36a-29c5eab59b80
  6. How is Windows industry edition better than windows 11?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. 2 GPUs one from NVidia one from AMD, can't make apps and games use the better one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 GPUs one from NVidia one from AMD, can't make apps and games use the better one: so, ill set the parameters I have a desktop computer it has a i5-9400F 32 GB ram in a ROG Z390-f gaming and two GPUs a NVidia GTX 1660 TI and a Radeon RX 580, I have two monitors connected to the RX 580 and one connected to the GTX 1660 TI the one connected to the 1660 is my...
  8. 2 GPUs one from NVidia one from AMD, can't make apps and games use the better one

2 GPUs one from NVidia one from AMD, can't make apps and games use the better one: so, ill set the parameters I have a desktop computer it has a i5-9400F 32 GB ram in a ROG Z390-f gaming and two GPUs a NVidia GTX 1660 TI and a Radeon RX 580, I have two monitors connected to the RX 580 and one connected to the GTX 1660 TI the one connected to the 1660 is my...
  9. 2 GPUs one from NVidia one from AMD, can't make apps and games use the better one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. PC has 1TB HDD and 256gb SSD. Would it be better to Install windows on the SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has 1TB HDD and 256gb SSD. Would it be better to Install windows on the SSD?: HP ENVY- All-in-one 32-a10xxxIntelR CoreTM i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHzRAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usableHDD 1 TB SSD 256 GB or 512GB can't rememberI just tried my first attempt at a "Clean install" of Windows 11 after not being able to get my recovery key for bitlocker. I used a...