Windows 10: Which is really better? Macrium or Acronis?

Discus and support Which is really better? Macrium or Acronis? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi. I've been thinking about Macrium and Acronis and each has their own + and - so I would like to hear some opinions. I know that Acronis has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Compumind, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Compumind Win User

Which is really better? Macrium or Acronis?

Hi.

I've been thinking about Macrium and Acronis and each has their own + and - so I would like to hear some opinions.

I know that Acronis has been my "go to" for quite some time and I have faith in it but some Acronis users have migrated to Macrium and I am trying to understand why they would want to do that.

What does Macrium bring to the table that Acronis doesn't? And vice-versa.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

TIA Which is really better? Macrium or Acronis? :)

:)

Compumind, Sep 19, 2018

2. Backup/Recovery tools - Acronis vs Macrium

Please forgive me for not reading the whole "Window 10 Recovery Tools" thread before posting this, but that's a very long thread.

I am a long time user of Acronis True Image. Lately I've run into a few peculiarities that have me looking at alternatives. A number of people have recommended the free version Macrium Reflect, but I need the paid version to meat my requirements. I would like more information to help me decide. (Other products can be suggested, of course.)

My requirements are:
    1. I have to run the backups on 3 devices - 2 desktops and 1 laptop.
    2. The laptop backup goes to a NAS drive.
    3. I need to run full disk image backups on all 3 devices.
    4. I need to run file/folder backups of some files on the NAS drive from one of the PCs.

I've done 1 recovery using Macrium and 2 using Acronis. I had a couple false starts with Acronis because understand the process. I don't remember how easy the Macrium process was. I found configuring the backup process less straightforward with Macrium than with Acronis, but I recently discovered that Acronis has an exclusion list and was excluding files from its "Entire PC" backups. (Grrr!) All recoveries were successful.

I've had to recover old data a number of times. I've done it successfully from the Acronis backup and have walked through the process with the Macrium. Both work with no problem. Macrium mounts the backup image faster than Acronis, but I don't think it gives an option of the drive letter to use in mounting.

Tthe free version of Macrium Reflect does not take file/folder backups, and the cost of a 3 (actually 4) device license for Macrium Home costs quit a bit more than a 3 platform license for Acronis.

The Acronis doc says only file/folder backups can be taken to a NAS, but I'm taking "Entire PC" drive backups of the laptop to my NAS drive. I know for a fact that the Acronis stand-alone recovery systems cannot access a NAS drive. I would have to copy the backup to another drive before doing a drive recovery. I have not idea what the Macriun capabilities are regarding NAS.

I suspect I will continue using Acronis, but I would like to hear what other people think I should do.

pokeefe0001, Sep 19, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect

I would not use Acronis even if it's free. Was a long time Acronis user and quit using it since version 2009 once I found out it modified the MBR and put services that were hard/impossible to get rid of even if I uninstalled Acronis.
    Acronis Leftover Drivers? | Knowledge Base

Macrium free is all you need to do backup/restore and you don't even need to create CD/USB to boot from, you can set up to either:

1. Run as dual boot from HD/SSD with Windows
    2. Solved FYI: Setup Macrium Rescue to boot from an Internal/External USB HD/SSD - Windows 10 Forums

topgundcp, Sep 19, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Which is really better? Macrium or Acronis? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Which is really better? Macrium or Acronis? - Similar Threads - really better Macrium

2. Which Windows is better?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which Windows is better?: Hi, I got a Dell Latitude E5430, i got my laptop from my dad in 2020, but I did use it a little bit in 2019. I wanted to ask, that which windows is better, cuz in 2019, it was Windows 7 Pro 64bit, but now or since 2020, I have windows 10 latest.Specs: 4gb ramHdd 500gb but I...
  3. Which is better ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which is better ?: Hello guys i have some problems with my pc ( stutters ) i tride everything to fix it but didnt helped so im trying to re installing windows now but i dont know what is better to do it , should i reinstalling it with flash drive or i do reset recovrey and remove evereything ....
  4. Macrium Reflect vs Acronis

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect vs Acronis: I have been using Acronis for many years but lately have not been sure of its reliability. I recently tried Macrium but I noticed a difference. With Acronis when I have restored the Windows OS I have "sanitized" the SSD that had the corrupted OS on it. Then Acronis would...
  5. Acronis or Macrium as a "home" backup solution?

Acronis or Macrium as a "home" backup solution?: Hello. I don't know if I should buy Acronis or Macrium for my backup. I want to backup in the following way: 1 backup a week, incremental backup, keeping the last 4 chain of backup (so I want some sort of autocleaning for older chains). One backup job is in 2 parts, one...
  6. which is better?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    which is better?: Which is better, Windows Defender or Norton 360? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-better/3634df74-df1b-4bf2-9967-7084e0174821"
  7. Which is faster? Macrium or Acronis?

Which is faster? Macrium or Acronis?: Hello, I use Macrium Reflect Home and like it very much but I am unfamiliar with Acronis. Which one is faster? Need an opinion. Cheers? 120949
  8. Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect

Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect: I was toying with buying a copy of Acronis true Image now that it is on sale, but I figured I'd ask for some thoughts before doing so. Mainly, I'm looking for the ability to boot from CD/USB and create an image of a hard drive, for backup or recovery purposes. Then, if...
  9. Backup/Recovery tools - Acronis vs Macrium

Backup/Recovery tools - Acronis vs Macrium: Please forgive me for not reading the whole "Window 10 Recovery Tools" thread before posting this, but that's a very long thread. I am a long time user of Acronis True Image. Lately I've run into a few peculiarities that have me looking at alternatives. A number of people...
  10. Macrium Rescue Media or Windows Recovery Drive? Which one is better?

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Rescue Media or Windows Recovery Drive? Which one is better?: I'm asking since I have 4 USB drives 2 for recovery drive and 2 for rescue media, but does Marcium Reflect Rescue media make recovery drive obsolete or should I still do recovery drive? Or is back up image/ windows image better? 84800

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium vs acronis

2. macrium reflect vs acronis

3. acronis vs macrium

4. macrium vs others,
  5. macrium vs acronis for windows 10 2018,
  6. macrium or acronis,
  7. macrium vs acronis 2018,
  8. macrium reflect vs true image 2019 for cloning,
  9. which app better for backup mecrium reflect or acronis?,
  10. macrium reflect vs acronis 2018,
  11. is acronis or macrium better cloning desktop,