Windows 10: Which is the best driver?

Discus and support Which is the best driver? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've just clean installed the new 2004 version of Windows 10 PRO, on an Intel MB S5000PSL, I know its an old one..., and the OS recognized ALL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dumitru Danilevici, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Which is the best driver?

Hello,

I've just clean installed the new 2004 version of Windows 10 PRO, on an Intel MB S5000PSL, I know its an old one..., and the OS recognized ALL my hardware, devices and the other apps., being happy with everything.

When installed and run IObit Driver Booster, the app. recommended the upgrade a lot of MB's drivers with WHQL versions produced by INTEL, BUT older then those installed by the actual OS.

Example: "Standard Dual Chanel PCI IDE Controller" from Microsoft v.10/2006 to Intel v.9/2009 or Network Adapter from Microsoft v.13/2011 to Intel v.15/2013. Generally speaking, the majority of Microsoft installed driver are no older than 2006...

The problem/ issue: Which driver is the best to keep for this new version of OS. I suppose that Microsoft drivers that were installed have been tested with this version and found acceptable.

So if I update them with versions rolled out by the producer of MB even they are WHQL, will they affect the behavior of the 2004 version?

Thank you!

Regards,

Dani

:)

Dumitru Danilevici, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Which is the best driver?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Which is the best driver?

1. Which is the best driver? - Similar Threads - best driver

2. Which is the best graphic driver is compatible with my laptop and how to download it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is the best graphic driver is compatible with my laptop and how to download it ?: Please help I uninstalled my intel graphic driver and now everything on my screen looks wide. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-the-best-graphic-driver-is-compatible/14392846-9235-4acc-a8d6-343c81edb3c7
  3. Which is the best graphic driver is compatible with my laptop and how to download it ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which is the best graphic driver is compatible with my laptop and how to download it ?: Please help I uninstalled my intel graphic driver and now everything on my screen looks wide. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-the-best-graphic-driver-is-compatible/14392846-9235-4acc-a8d6-343c81edb3c7
  4. Which is the best graphic driver is compatible with my laptop and how to download it ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. whats the best an fastest amd driver for ,all in one HP computer ei-2500 apuhd graphics...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whats the best an fastest amd driver for ,all in one HP computer ei-2500 apuhd graphics...: all in one hp with AMD EI 2500 APU HD GRAPHICS 1.40 GHZ, WHATS THE BEST amd fastest driver that i can use ,install ok ,but driver not working...
  6. whats the best an fastest amd driver for ,all in one HP computer ei-2500 apuhd graphics...

whats the best an fastest amd driver for ,all in one HP computer ei-2500 apuhd graphics...: all in one hp with AMD EI 2500 APU HD GRAPHICS 1.40 GHZ, WHATS THE BEST amd fastest driver that i can use ,install ok ,but driver not working...
  7. whats the best an fastest amd driver for ,all in one HP computer ei-2500 apuhd graphics...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. what is the best graphics driver for highly low end computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the best graphics driver for highly low end computer: what is the best graphics driver for highly low end laptop. My laptop is so very old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-graphics-driver-for-highly-low/983434b2-808c-4ab6-90cd-e8f7d6993365
  9. what is the best graphics driver for highly low end computer

what is the best graphics driver for highly low end computer: what is the best graphics driver for highly low end laptop. My laptop is so very old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-graphics-driver-for-highly-low/983434b2-808c-4ab6-90cd-e8f7d6993365
  10. Is Intel Display Driver Intel Corporation - Display - 5/28/2019 really best for windows 11?

Is Intel Display Driver Intel Corporation - Display - 5/28/2019 really best for windows 11?: Windows Update keep download Intel Corporation - Display - 5/28/2019 and auto installed it every time I did updated to 2022 version also I did turned off Device Installation Settings to "No"...