Windows 10: Which is the best way to update from win7(32bit) to win10(64bit)? Should I use USB or...

Discus and support Which is the best way to update from win7(32bit) to win10(64bit)? Should I use USB or... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/hrhr333 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eyrzw6/which_is_the_best_way_to_update_from_win732bit_to/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hrhr333, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Which is the best way to update from win7(32bit) to win10(64bit)? Should I use USB or...

/u/hrhr333, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Zombocom Win User

Windows 10 32bit to Windows 10 64bit?

Today I have upgraded from Windows 7 32bit to Windows 10 32bit, since I was told that they way I am supposed to do it is to do that since you apparently cannot directly upgrade from win7 32bit to win10 64bit.

So, now that I am on Win10 32bit, how do I get Win10 64bit? I already made an USB Stick with Win10 64bit on it and tried to run it on this system, but I was just greeted with a message saying that I cannot run the setup-app in this system.

Zombocom, Feb 4, 2020
  3. mmollema Win User
    win10 32bit vs 64bit problem

I have an academic license for win10. So I decided to install win10 after an hard disk crash. As I still needed to download win10 I installed a win7 32bit. Installing win10 went flawless, but it turned out to be a 32bit version.

Ok no problem, so after a week or two I had some spare time and wanted to do a clean win10 64 bit installation. It didn't work.

I tried installing a 64 bit win 8.1 first and the win 10 installation failed. I tried a win 7 64bit first and the win10 installation failed.

I tried an ISO boot and the win10 installation failed.

I tried to install from USB and the win10 installation failed.

I even disconneted all my other drives so there could be no interference from any previous installation and the win10 installation failed.

The faillure onlyshowed after de first reboot. I got a message like boot disk faillure or something similar. The result was that the PC keeps rebooting and never gets out of this cycle.

I'mnow back to win7 pro 64bits.

mmollema, Feb 4, 2020
  4. uscdadnyc Win User

Which is the best way to update from win7(32bit) to win10(64bit)? Should I use USB or...

64bit Win7 to 32bit Win10

uscdadnyc, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Which is the best way to update from win7(32bit) to win10(64bit)? Should I use USB or...

1. Which is the best way to update from win7(32bit) to win10(64bit)? Should I use USB or... - Similar Threads - best update win7

2. Which is, the best way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is, the best way?: My omputer is a laptop. Running Windows 10.I've been using notepad. But I'm looking, for something better?There are so many choices. Word, Wordpad, Notepad, Notepad 2, Notepad++I prefer Wordpad because you could click on links. But here's the problemafter I open it I copied...
  3. Which is, the best way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which is, the best way?: My omputer is a laptop. Running Windows 10.I've been using notepad. But I'm looking, for something better?There are so many choices. Word, Wordpad, Notepad, Notepad 2, Notepad++I prefer Wordpad because you could click on links. But here's the problemafter I open it I copied...
  4. Win10 32bit to 64bit upgrade on VM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 32bit to 64bit upgrade on VM: Hi.Would like to upgrade my VirtualBox VM of Win10 currently 20H2, to 64bit for various reasons...It is a licenced machine.How do I go about installing the update in a new 64bit machine, and carrying the licence over.Would think that if it was hardware, it would just accept...
  5. Update 32bit to 64bit?

Update 32bit to 64bit?: Hi, Mal wanted to ask if you can "update" to 64bit on a PC that has 32bit Windows 10. Can you? If so, how? If no, OK. 32bit auf 64bit updaten?
  6. Which version of Win10? 32bit or 64bit on 32GB SSD

Which version of Win10? 32bit or 64bit on 32GB SSD: I'm fixing an HP Stream notebook used for school homework Which will create the smallest image? 32bit or 64 bit? and how MUCH smaller? Can anyone say? The hardware cannot be upgraded (see below) Original OS was Win 10 ("about 2 or 3 years ago") I have successfully...
  7. Win10 32bit upgrade to 64bit

Win10 32bit upgrade to 64bit: Have Compaq Presario CQ61 happily running Win10 32 bit on X64 processor. Installed extra Ram and tried to reinstall Win 10 64 Bit but get message saying will not run on this device. Have tried it from USB and DVD during boot cycle but no good. Have BIOS is set to start from...
  8. HP desktop win7 32bit to win10 64bit Possible?

HP desktop win7 32bit to win10 64bit Possible?: hello i have a old hp pavilion a6207c running win7 32bit. Its pretty slow and i wanted to upgrade the OS. Would it be possible to do windows 10? 69166
  9. 64bit Win7 to 32bit Win10

64bit Win7 to 32bit Win10: Hi, new kid here, well not so much of a kid at 70 but am new to the forum. I have my reasons for wanting to run the 32bit version of Windows 10, and have a bunch of computers I would want to do this with. What I am trying to figure out is if I can start with a computer...
  10. Should I upgrade to Win10 from Win7? If so what is the easiest way?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I upgrade to Win10 from Win7? If so what is the easiest way?: My buddy built me a PC a while ago with Windows 7 at the time. Should I upgrade to Win 10 while it's still free? I have a SSD that has Win7 on it and a HDD as well. If you recommend that I do upgrade, how do I do it, I'm not familiar with this. Also, should I do a fresh...