Windows 10: Which license will I have?

Discus and support Which license will I have? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently found out that I can still upgrade the Windows 7 that came with my laptop to Windows 10 using the MCT, but before I knew about that, I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Win20Win, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Win20Win Win User

Which license will I have?

I recently found out that I can still upgrade the Windows 7 that came with my laptop to Windows 10 using the MCT, but before I knew about that, I had already bought a Windows 10 license from not-Microsoft and had the machine activated with that. It's time for a refresh of the OS, and I was thinking about putting Window 7 back on it using the original OEM Windows 7 license stuck to the machine, then upgrading that to Windows 10 using MCT, so that I can have a Windows 10 license direct from Microsoft rather than the one bought from from elsewhere.

My question is this: If, in the future (after I have done the upgrade), I decide to do a completely fresh Windows 10 install, which Windows 10 license will the machine pick up? The one bought from not-Microsoft, or the one upgraded from the OEM Windows 7 license?

:)

Win20Win, Aug 20, 2019
  2. renz496 Win User

Intel Could License AMD Radeon iGPU Tech for Future Processors

personally i think this is no different than what nvidia and intel doing right now with their current cross licensing deal. intel have been licensing nvidia IP for years and yet their gpu did not work like nvidia gpu at all. in another forum i see one of intel graphic engineer talking about the deal with nvidia is more about letting intel develop their own gpu without illegally stepping into nvidia existing IP and not about integrating nvidia tech into their gpu.

though what kyle been suggesting is something quite different. he said it is not a simply licensing it is more like intel want the entire RTG for themselves. means no more AMD radeon. but intel radeon instead.

renz496, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Which license will I have? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 20, 2019
  4. blinxster Win User

AMD Fiji XT Reference PCB as Short as GTX 970 Reference, R9 295X2 Performance

Why have you removed WCCftech's logo from the image?? This is not part of the common license agreement
    Although you cite them that is illegal so I suggest you place the original image on you article immediately as I am ready to take this one step further

blinxster, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Which license will I have? - Similar Threads - license

2. Windows license copy from laptop to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows license copy from laptop to PC: Hello! I have a laptop with Win 11 installed on it and thinking to buy a PC. Do I need to purchase with preinstalled Windows or can I install it myself since I do have a copy on the laptop?...
  3. Windows license copy from laptop to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows license copy from laptop to PC: Hello! I have a laptop with Win 11 installed on it and thinking to buy a PC. Do I need to purchase with preinstalled Windows or can I install it myself since I do have a copy on the laptop?...
  4. my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone: my computer says 'your window license will expire soon' how do i renew it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-my-windows-license-will-expire/ff7dc724-033e-4d24-b0e2-4257463e348b
  5. my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone

my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone: my computer says 'your window license will expire soon' how do i renew it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-my-windows-license-will-expire/ff7dc724-033e-4d24-b0e2-4257463e348b
  6. my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Windows 11 enterprises license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 enterprises license: WINDOWS 11 ENTERPRISE PRODUCT KEY LIFETIME VALIDITY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-enterprises-license/ad34312b-b920-4d5c-9a05-5e51b4323fc0
  8. Windows 11 enterprises license

Windows 11 enterprises license: WINDOWS 11 ENTERPRISE PRODUCT KEY LIFETIME VALIDITY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-enterprises-license/ad34312b-b920-4d5c-9a05-5e51b4323fc0
  9. Windows Kms to digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Kms to digital license: Hi microsoft community,Is there a way to switch from the organisation KMS server to the official Microsoft activation service. Currently a PC is using a custom KMS server and I want to remove the key & the KMS server from that PC and enter a new key and activate using the...
  10. Windows Kms to digital license

Windows Kms to digital license: Hi microsoft community,Is there a way to switch from the organisation KMS server to the official Microsoft activation service. Currently a PC is using a custom KMS server and I want to remove the key & the KMS server from that PC and enter a new key and activate using the...