Windows 10: Which metada data field does Photo app use to create the folder while importing?

Discus and support Which metada data field does Photo app use to create the folder while importing? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My GoPro had a depleted battery, and its date was reset. I edited the exif "Creation Date" field. Using the file explorer properties dialog I can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paulo Eduado Neves, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Which metada data field does Photo app use to create the folder while importing?

My GoPro had a depleted battery, and its date was reset. I edited the exif "Creation Date" field. Using the file explorer properties dialog I can see that it was correctly edited, But when I try to import the photos and MP4s from a pen drive they are all imported as they were taken in 2013.

My import configuration is "By Date".

I want to know which exif metadata fields the Photo App uses to create the folders while importing JPGs and MP4s. So I would correct it and have they imported where I want.

:)

Paulo Eduado Neves, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Which metada data field does Photo app use to create the folder while importing?

1. Which metada data field does Photo app use to create the folder while importing? - Similar Threads - metada data field

2. Photos app not importing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app not importing: Ive used the photos app in the past and its worked all the time. Now whenever i try to import photos from my iphone and ipad it says “something went wrong”. It does not have an error code. i have tried changing the port that the cable is in, ive changed the cables, ive...
  3. No import option in Photos App

No import option in Photos App: As it the title, I have no option import displayed in Photo App, has anybody experienced anything like that and know how to fix this? Thanks Adam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-import-option-in-photos-app/a5775f41-d8ba-487c-86a7-2b999ec1062a
  4. Why does Microsoft Photos App stop importing photos?

Why does Microsoft Photos App stop importing photos?: I have read many posts about problems importing into the Photos App in Windows 10, but none of the answers work for me and my problem seems different (kind of). I have a Dell 9020 computer with a quad Core i5, 120GB SSD and 8GB of RAM (not that this should make any...
  5. Entering data into fields

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Entering data into fields: When I am correcting some data entered, every once in a while the letter I enter appears on the screen BUT THE next character is deleted. How can I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entering-data-into-fields/afafb19d-ba92-40d8-bc5c-b068f07fb301
  6. Photo app import issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo app import issue: When I plug my iPhone in, my computer usually tries to import all the images and video files from the iPhone irrespective of those that have been imported before. Sometimes it looks like it is trying to import broken images or corrected versions but turned upside down. I...
  7. Photo app not importing photos and can I see favorites in File Folder

Photo app not importing photos and can I see favorites in File Folder: 1 issue and 2 question. I have tried 3 different ways to import photos. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I have vacation pics by date. 9 - 1 to 9-14. I will do the following to import and none of these have worked for SOME of the folders. 1. SEttings/add...
  8. Photos app does not have CREATE button

Photos app does not have CREATE button: I recently discovered that Windows Movie Maker is gone and was replaced by Microsoft Photos App. It should have CREATE button, but in my app it is missing. How to fix it?...
  9. photo app as no import button!!

photo app as no import button!!: Have just put windows 10 on my pc downloaded all updates up to 12th July 2018, found that there is no import button in the photo app looked in every folder their is just no way to import from any device I plug in..have also updated all drivers for my mobile devices. Have...
  10. Importing into Photo, but want to use my folders

Importing into Photo, but want to use my folders: I gave up on mac since they are not updating my beloved mac mini. Got a Dell with windows 10. I have downloaded all the programs and most of the files. Even downloaded iTunes and my music with the library titles. My pictures though are a problem. No iPhoto for pc so I...