Windows 10: Which microsoft windows version is best?

Discus and support Which microsoft windows version is best? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I have started a new company Nitech Stainless Inc. So, for my office work I want to know which windows version is best for office work?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NitechStainless1, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Which microsoft windows version is best?

Hey Guys,

I have started a new company Nitech Stainless Inc. So, for my office work I want to know which windows version is best for office work? waiting for your positive reply.

:)

NitechStainless1, Dec 28, 2020

2. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Which microsoft windows version is best? [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Dec 28, 2020
  4. mixa Win User

Which microsoft windows version is best?

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Which microsoft windows version is best? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

Which microsoft windows version is best?

1. Which microsoft windows version is best? - Similar Threads - microsoft version best

2. Which is, the best way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is, the best way?: My omputer is a laptop. Running Windows 10.I've been using notepad. But I'm looking, for something better?There are so many choices. Word, Wordpad, Notepad, Notepad 2, Notepad++I prefer Wordpad because you could click on links. But here's the problemafter I open it I copied...
  3. Which is, the best way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which is, the best way?: My omputer is a laptop. Running Windows 10.I've been using notepad. But I'm looking, for something better?There are so many choices. Word, Wordpad, Notepad, Notepad 2, Notepad++I prefer Wordpad because you could click on links. But here's the problemafter I open it I copied...
  4. Which windows version is best for office work?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Which windows version is best for office work?: Hello Guys, I'm recently working with Inox Steel India. So for office, I want to know which windows version is bestWindows 7 orWindows 10? Waiting for a positive reply....
  5. Which windows version is best for office work?

Which windows version is best for office work?: Hey guys, I'm recently working on Startubefittings. So for office, I want to know which windows version is best windows 7 or windows 10? waiting for suggestion guys....
  6. Which windows version is best for office work?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Which windows version is best for office work?: Hey guys, I'm recently working onAnanka Fasteners. So for office, I want to know which windows version is bestwindows 7 or windows 10? waiting for suggestion guys....
  7. Which microsoft windows version is best Pro or Home?

Which microsoft windows version is best Pro or Home?: Hello Guys, I have started a new company Manibhadra Fittings So, for my office work I want to know which windows version is best for office work Home or Pro? waiting for your positive reply....
  8. Which microsoft windows version is best?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which microsoft windows version is best?: Hello Everyone, I have started a new company Girish Metal India. I am looking out for Windows Version which is best? Can someone help me with it. Waiting for a positive reply. Thanks & Regards Girish Metal India...
  9. Which Antivirus is best for windows?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which Antivirus is best for windows?: Hello Guys, I want to know which antivirus is best for my company Girish Metal India in windows? so can you help me to find out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/which-antivirus-is-best-for-windows/4c296b82-0e17-4c54-b833-87db9c61140e
  10. Which version of Windows 10 is best for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which version of Windows 10 is best for...: Okay, I'm building a new computer. The motherboard requires Windows 10 64-bit so I can't install a Windows 7. I've looked in many places but cannot find any information more recent than about three updates ago so I've come here to ask... First, I have a very dim view of...